New armor on E-bay - Glamtrooper

Femtrooper Julie

The femtrooper look is honestly not easy to pull off, it took a lot of work for me. If someone made a more female sized set I think it'd be popular! I found this new set on E-Bay today. Looks interesting! What do you all think?

The NEW GlamTrooper! Yes, the ladies have been asking for a set of armor that looks a ton better than what was made a few years back. This is the new standard of costuming for the ladies that wanted the femtrooper armor. Those days are long gone and the GlamTrooper has taken its place as the 'costume to have.' Made in .093 styrene and spray glossed for a nice sheen. This set of armor was made for an upcoming fanfilm production. The suit was designed to be more streamlined and a ton less clunky than what was out there before, not to mention infinitely more detailed. The armor is made in .093 styrene and an ABS belt wrap for flexibility. The legs of this suit are for the more rubenesque ladies, but it will still fit no mater what you size is. The whole upper body was designed to be modular and the straps that hold the chest and back plate together use a hidden screw system so that no rivets are seen and the lines of the suit remain unspoiled. The chest has two pictures show so that you can see how the armor can be cut to vary how it will be worn. Making sure the ladies do not get cut to ribbons is an edge trim that surrounds the bikini, rear butt plate, back and chest armor. This is glued on and is very comfortable to wear. Included in this set is the boots that were also used in the production. PLEASE NOTE: the helmet is NOT a part of the auction, it is merely shown to depict what the armor could look like with a helmet. The following items are included with this set: chest, back, shoulder connectors, shoulder armor, bicep armor and hands, bikini armor, butt pack, thighs, lower legs and boots. Please also note that anti recasting methods have been added to ensure that the design remains to the artist that created it. Thank you adn please respect their work. Shipping will be quoted as to where the winning bidder lives. Thank you for looking at my auctions and happy bidding to you all!

Keywords: stormtrooper, femtrooper, GlamTrooper, Star Wars costume, Star Wars prop, armor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=STRK:MESELX:IT

2523116000105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2095768100105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2859888600105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2821179690105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

The seller is crunchyfrog lips. There is another ebay vendor that sells all recasted starwars merchandise known as froglips. Probably the same guy. Your chestplate looks better IMO but the rest of the armor looks like it has TE origins.

Recasting aside, you're better off with what you already have.

And I agree with Alex - it looks like a chopped up Rubies Supreme. At $900 a set (Rubies Supreme retails for $900 - coincidence?), a horrendously overpriced one at that.

Well Julie, it was pretty rough to do, but I had to check out the photos of you in your armor again. What is it about this set that you like? Is it just the different cut in the chest plate? I would think you could get together with some of the Pacific Outpost and trim your chest plate to your liking. I would advise you pick up some trim like that used for the ROTJ armor so that any new cuts in your armor wouldn’t have sharp edges. Otherwise, your armor fits you pretty well! I would be hesitant about this new stuff, especially “The legs of this suit are for the more rubenesque ladies…” since there is nothing rebenesque about you.

Vic

What I'd LOVE is something really form fitting.

This was my first try at building armor. I really goofed up on my forearms, and need to redo those. I wanted to get the diameter down, and took alot out of each side, but then it did not want to wrap in. The rivets held it, but look bad. :( The thighs were big enough that I could trim them down and get them in tighter. I LOVE how I got my lower bikini armor to wrap in tight :-) The chest piece is way to loose on me, maybe with a heat gun I could wrap it around. I'm serious about being a quality femtrooper, it took a lot of work to get this together, but I want better. :-)

I think understand that most armor is made of some sort of cast or scan from the original. I think there could be a big demand for like 75% sized pieces, both for females and teens. There are plenty of short troopers out there too :-)

I was thinking the same thing. I do not know to much about femtrooper armor, but id say it looks decent.

femtrooper armor is all exactly the same as standard TK, except the chest plate. Many leave off the abd and back plate (I have them, but choose not to wear them.)

• 4 months later...

I'd like to see a more chiseled version of the chest plate that works for a female. I think the IK armor in the comics has a similar style like this.

I've thought about attempting it myself and letting someone else do the pulls for me but i have neither the time nor skills to do that so I just sit back and wish. :)

Personally I like your version better, Julie.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Tray, I think your armor looks great Julie. The chest plate on this set looks like someone vacformed a cheap bra. Yours is feminine but also looks like real go into battle and kick some A$$ armor! Forearms aside, don't change a thing Julie. ;)

Edited by TD2557