Replica blasters

Hi there

Anyone purchased replica blasters from this site? He uses plastic and then inserts foam for extra weight.

http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/ReplicaMg34DLT.html

The DLT-19 looks interesting, particularly as I am hopeless with DIY and would have no chance of scratch-building one myself but would love a big gun to go with the E-11.

Just thought I would see if any troopers have used this site and know what the quality is like.

Cheers

Jon

The blasters from sci-fire are excellent. Best blasters for trooping in my opinion :D

I have an E-11 and a DLT-19 and the details are fantastic. They're lightweight and virtually indestructable but......hard to get into the UK now unfortunately. There's a couple of Corellian arms smugglers on this forum if you can catch them between one of the space ports ;)

Hi there

Anyone purchased replica blasters from this site? He uses plastic and then inserts foam for extra weight.

http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/ReplicaMg34DLT.html

The DLT-19 looks interesting, particularly as I am hopeless with DIY and would have no chance of scratch-building one myself but would love a big gun to go with the E-11.

Just thought I would see if any troopers have used this site and know what the quality is like.

Cheers

Jon

Woodchuck also makes excellent guns and props out of wood. I have a T21 that he made for me that I will be showing off soon....

My wife ordered me a Cushman DLT-19 for Christmas. I checked with a few folks and got positive feedback, so we'll see. I'll post some pictures and stuff when it gets here. She did say that they're pretty easy people to work with, so that's a good start!

Anyone know where I could get a hollowed out E11 blaster?

Quite fancy a blaster core model but don't fancy scratch building the actuall E11.

Thanks.

The only help I can give you is that I own a hollow E-11, but sadly, it's origin is quite the mystery to me: I bought it from someone who bought it from this other guy...you know how that works. I got it very cheap because it was all bent in the wrong places, but a heatgun solved most of its problems and now it's my main trooping E-11. It's very flexible and lightweight while still quite looking the deal with an appropriate finish.

Here's a pic:

3992923869_faa11b1cf9_b.jpg

Not much help, but know you know such things exist. Maybe someone else can tell the story of it's origins?

Thanks, it's probably scratch built, alot of them are.

Oh, seems I forgot to mention the most important detail: it's not scratch built, it's a one-piece design (the main body ist, plus some additional parts, all hollow), kinda like injection moulded. That's what I thought was spectacular. The only thing I added was the rail that holds the scope, I used aluminium for that.

It depends on what you want, and how much you want to spend.

Cushman are vac-formed and will take some work to get in to shape. They look good from 5'+ away and are super light - my Cushman Lewis gun is always asked for when we have parades. However the detail will never be as sharp as say a Hyperfirm or a Woodchuck.

Hyperfirms are popular as there's nothing to do with them and they take a beating. Blasters and BFG's are easy weight wise. Downside is that the barrel holes aren't bored out and they used to be very pricey, but prices have really come down and the detail gets better all the time. One other downside is that the BFG's don't break down to parts, but in some ways this is a plus.

Woodchuck is relatively new but has made a great name for himself. The weapons are beautifully detailed, don't weigh too much, and are well priced.

Resin blasters are hit or miss. They can be wonderfully detailed but also so brittle you can't troop with them at all, depending on make. Prices are all over the board too. Be very careful if you go this route.

Scratch built is always a good option if you have some excellent skills and lots of time, but not everyone does.

Hasbro is the old standby but take some work to get looking good. In the end it's not always worth the $$ to upgrade, but on the plus they do make a cool sound, whereas others to not.

Betcha biscuits to gravy that Billy Haggis has some good words in this department as well ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
The only help I can give you is that I own a hollow E-11, but sadly, it's origin is quite the mystery to me: I bought it from someone who bought it from this other guy...you know how that works. I got it very cheap because it was all bent in the wrong places, but a heatgun solved most of its problems and now it's my main trooping E-11. It's very flexible and lightweight while still quite looking the deal with an appropriate finish.

Here's a pic:

3992923869_faa11b1cf9_b.jpg

Not much help, but know you know such things exist. Maybe someone else can tell the story of it's origins?

Nice buy Dennis.

One of the best i have seen out there.

(send it to me :P )

Cheers bro :)

Nice buy Dennis.

One of the best i have seen out there.

(send it to me :P )

Cheers bro :)

Thanks Rolf, thanks a lot.

I'll trade it for one of your TD suits, you have too many anyways, mate... :P:D