AmpTrooper TK Commander

Amptrooper

Well, I have a few things yet to touch up. I forgot to weather the bells, put the stripes on the boots and paint the lower right leg that I will never use. I also need to paint the buttons black. But other then a few adjustments to make after I get my prosthetic leg, it is done! Things look a little off because I can't fully get everything on myself yet as I am trying to hold on to a crutch the whole time. My wife didn't know how some things were to line up. So in most pictures she has my Ab plate over my Chest plate and a strap is showing on my shoulder. Things will look more in order when I can stand on my own and get everything set right. Also, I will be losing a bunch of weight after I get my leg because I will get back to a normal way of life where I am not sitting around all the time. I use to weigh 185 and now after the accident I am at 220. So, things will fit nicer after I get moving and shed the pounds! I also made a picture using TK-7100 Commander picture to see what this style would look like as an AmpTrooper. So, TK-7100 There is a picture of you at the bottom as an amputee! :D Hope you don't mind. I know I didn't ask. This is what I used as my inspiration for overall look.

Anywho, here it is!

Sorry about the hair its a very WINDY DAY!!!

5GAO415.jpgrQSKavu.jpglgQ0kZB.jpgGCm15lD.jpgihAzqcu.jpgAvi4VJV.jpg

Here is a before picturepTE9x2p.jpgCz9nbQM.jpg

This is what I am going for after I have my leg and make the final adjustments. Again this picture is of TK-7100. I altered it to see what the prosthetic leg would look like on a Commander. If your not cool with me using this picture I will remove it right away. PM sent!

Any suggestions are highly welcomed! :)

God bless!

Looking awesome indeed! I think Corey mentioned he's going to be losing some weight when he's able to exercise more, so maybe he'll leave the sides for now, and see how they fit when he's a lean, mean trooping machine! :)

Very nice, and very inspirational!!

BTW: Corey, I didn't know you're the Imperial Arms saber guy! I just started getting into sabers too! (on TCSS forums).

Thanks y'all! Well I am having some problems getting my membership right now because I can't wear the shin and boot. So, it is going to a while before that will happen.

This armor came from someone who wanted to help me out and gave me a great deal on great armor. It's produced by a maker called MC. It uses the GF moulds, and isn't a recast. I didn't do a play by play build log as it is still difficult for me to get around to set things up for pictures as I do not have a leg yet.

Panda, that's great about the sabers! Very addicting hobby! Check back at the website often as I am adding new prop makers from time to time. I will be working on adding another guy tomorrow. Have you built a saber yet?

Vic, I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life. It is from sitting around doing nothing after living a very active life style. I use to do a lot of cycling on my Trek road bike and running. We loved to go hiking as well. I have been without a leg since September 09 but unable to walk since September 08. I do not want to alter the suit to much as the pounds will shed off of me rather fast once I can walk. All my shims are Velcroed both sides so that as I loose the weight I can just remove the shims without do any other adjustments. So things will fit much better in a few months.

Thank you all for your kind words on such a rather awkward fitting suit right now.

God bless you and Merry Christmas!

Thats great Corey!!!!

Looks great!!!! i agree no sence in doing touch ups as u want to get back to your usually BMI

One question are your thigh plates glued? i ask as that your right leg must have under goen some muscular atrofia, but that should get back up to speed once u have your prosthetic limb and start your excercise regieme.

if not getting another thigh plate should be a snap!

Once again congrats on getting your armor!!!!! 501st enlistment should be around the corner!!!!!! and EIB one or two blocks down :D

very cool!!!!

Thats great Corey!!!!

Looks great!!!! i agree no sence in doing touch ups as u want to get back to your usually BMI

One question are your thigh plates glued? i ask as that your right leg must have under goen some muscular atrofia, but that should get back up to speed once u have your prosthetic limb and start your excercise regieme.

if not getting another thigh plate should be a snap!

Once again congrats on getting your armor!!!!! 501st enlistment should be around the corner!!!!!! and EIB one or two blocks down :D

very cool!!!!

Thanks! The thighs and shin shims are held in with Velcro. That way as I loose the pounds I can just cute the shims to fit until I have gone down to my original (or close to ) weight. All my shims are are that way. I also added extensions on all my straps with Velcro and cloth.

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

Alright! It is all done and I did my first Troop already! We were at the Macon GA Cherry Blossom Festival Parade. Here are some pictures!

---------

I know, I know the chest plate is crooked. I have too places for the straps in there but one is for the top strap and one is for the side. I kept putting them in wrong so it is pulling to one side more then the other. No one even told me about it. I didn't know untill I saw the pictures. Oh well, Now I know! Had a blast trooping and even got my first real armor bites!!!! Bad ones too!

I am doing another one this Friday!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Good deal man! Love how the suit turned out! Have fun, paint the canes to match B)

Luckly, I am done with the forearm crutches! YEAH!!!!!!! So now I can wave and get out my blaster when I come across those pesky Jedi! ;)

Heck yeah bro awesome job! Great pics too. I wish i could have made the Cherry Blossom parade but I see all the regulars showed up! Go Georgia Garrison!