TK-2618 requesting EIB ESB status.[92][FX]

The ESB decals are different from the hand painted traps in ANH. The colour is similar but the detailing is different with the number of stripes and the thickness and overall appearance. The tube stripes are blue stripes on a white background all as one decal and not individual as in ANH.

571.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now, EIB says it's OK to use ANH decals for an ESB helmet, though ESB decals are preferred. What it does mention is that the tears/traps be decals and not hand painted.

Hi Daniel,

It certainly looks like you’re headed in the right direction with your build. You’re obviously putting a lot of work into it. If I could offer a suggestion; as EIB is supposed to be the most “accurate” (best of the best) armor, it looks like the back of your thighs could use a bit of attention. I could be wrong, but it looks like there might be some glue seepage and it almost looks like the trim was cut off of the bottom to accommodate range of motion(?), also, I not sure, but I’m not seeing any strips in the back of the thighs covering the overlap seam. Just a few things to think about.

Congrats on getting this far! Just a bit more to do and I’m sure you’ll be 5x5.

Vic

Hi Daniel,

It certainly looks like you’re headed in the right direction with your build. You’re obviously putting a lot of work into it. If I could offer a suggestion; as EIB is supposed to be the most “accurate” (best of the best) armor, it looks like the back of your thighs could use a bit of attention. I could be wrong, but it looks like there might be some glue seepage and it almost looks like the trim was cut off of the bottom to accommodate range of motion(?), also, I not sure, but I’m not seeing any strips in the back of the thighs covering the overlap seam. Just a few things to think about.

Congrats on getting this far! Just a bit more to do and I’m sure you’ll be 5x5.

Vic

Yeah, I'm still working on cleaning up the thigh...whatever is on there is pretty stubborn. The kit I bought was pre-used, so the cut was the previous owners. It's on my list of things to replace, but for now it works and I'm focusing on meeting the EIB reqs.

I'm pretty sure I've asked this in this thread before, but with the EIB reqs, is it either an e-11 or dl-19, or would I need both to qualify? Thanks!

Looks like an E-11, the image was recently updated I believe

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=7667

I agree with Vic, I'm not sure if there's something you could do to improve the thighs? The cuts are pretty severe / almost changing the shape.

I'm sure the FISD admins would be able to provide final feedback, but I think it'd be good to eventually fix them.

Great to see that everyone is pitching in with valuable feedback to help you head in the right direction!

Looks like an E-11, the image was recently updated I believe

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=7667

I agree with Vic, I'm not sure if there's something you could do to improve the thighs? The cuts are pretty severe / almost changing the shape.

I'm sure the FISD admins would be able to provide final feedback, but I think it'd be good to eventually fix them.

Great to see that everyone is pitching in with valuable feedback to help you head in the right direction!

Yeah, I think I'll go with the E-11 first, and add on the DL-19 later...seems like the best route to go.

The thighs are on the list of things to eventually replace, but I think I can get them cleaned up enough for now.

The feedback has been awesome...folks have made catches on issues I never would have seen. Thanks all!

Yeah, that might work..I'm not a big guy, so it's not like I need a ton of plastic. The real challenge will be getting it to line up with the existing pieces, and then figuring out how to secure it.

Some ppl glue one end and velcro the other, velcro both,glue both and then slide them on like boxers :D

there a few threads around here about the side panel area.

I know the DLT-19 is good to go for ANH but i'm not sure where it sits for ESB :unsure:

Yeah, I'm still working on cleaning up the thigh...whatever is on there is pretty stubborn. The kit I bought was pre-used, so the cut was the previous owners. It's on my list of things to replace, but for now it works and I'm focusing on meeting the EIB reqs.

I'm pretty sure I've asked this in this thread before, but with the EIB reqs, is it either an e-11 or dl-19, or would I need both to qualify? Thanks!

I know the DLT-19 is good to go for ANH but i'm not sure where it sits for ESB :unsure:

That's what I thought. The only one wielding a DLT-19 onscreen in ESB is 4-LOM, even Dengar has a gun based on the MG42 rather than an MG34. We never see stormtroopers carry them in EPV.

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

Ok, took some time and made some fixes. Here's the list:

1. Changed out the abdomen buttons for correctly sized buttons.

2. Got a new ESB correct blaster.

3. Looped the holster over the belt.

4. Re-took photos showing the butt cut under the belt.

5. Replaced the canvas side shims with plastic shims.

Since the last post, I've also done some overall maintenance, such as cleaning up the back of the thigh pieces. So, I present these pictures for consideration, and I am again requesting EIB status!

IMG_7649.jpg

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7656.jpg

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7659.jpg

IMG_7654.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

I think it would be helpful to have another set of photos (front, left, rear, right, action pose) with you suited up. :)

What?!! I have to wear my armor AGAIN? I'm so upset! I'm not sure I can deal with all the awesomeness! :D

Pics coming soon!

That's what I thought. The only one wielding a DLT-19 onscreen in ESB is 4-LOM, even Dengar has a gun based on the MG42 rather than an MG34. We never see stormtroopers carry them in EPV.

For acceptance the DLT-19 is not part of the ESB trooper. What you do with your costume though in trooping is up to you :) This is just like MEPD where you need full kit to get deployed, but in honesty not everyone troops 100% full kit each time.

I think it would be helpful to have another set of photos (front, left, rear, right, action pose) with you suited up. :)

You're such a hard-nut Brian ;-)

Ok, here we go...additional full-suit photos as requested. The blaster detail pictures are posted a little higher on this thread, so I assume I don't need to repost them here. I also just realized I forgot the thermal detonator, but you can also see that in previous pictures.

IMG_7660.jpg

IMG_7664.jpg

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg

Thanks for all the help from everyone. It certainly did seem like a lot of issue to work through! But after looking at the difference from when I first joined the 501st and now, the EIB route seems to be the right way to go. The accuracy is better, and the suit overall just looks more like it should.

One other question. I still need to get a photo on my member page and one done for the EIB page. Who do I need to contact about getting the updates done?