Opinions on this armor set

I realize that this will probably get me a bunch of comments telling me how dumb I am, but here goes....

Could you guys check this and tell me what you think? To be honest, I'm not sure what the problem with the Rubies armor is, and I'm unclear about whether this guy fixed the problems or not. My plan would be to get a MR CE helmet to go with this, along with a custom blaster rifle kit and CAboots or TKboots. I've asked him if he can cut out the Rubies helmet and trim the price down. I'm new to this, so I appreciate the help.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks for the comments...I appreciate the help. Could you include some of the reasons why Rubies is not a good option? Thanks!

Just look and you can see.

Study up before you plunge, and like others have said for the price you can get a more screen accurate set of armor.

ATA for one. :duim:

Ok, I'm confused....most of the comments on the board that I've seen talk about the poor quality of the helmet, which I agree is pretty bad. However, there are mixed reviews of the armor. Since I would do the MR CE helmet with the armor, probably modding it to have correct paint schemes etc, is the armor really that bad? I've talked the guy down to 500 for everything, which seems like a fair price. Now, I do have another set of armor lined up (from a person on this board with a good rep), but his would take a lot of work that I'm not sure I could do. Opinions?

"but his would take a lot of work that I'm not sure I could do."

IMHO, part of being on this forum and suiting up with the armor is the pride that you have that YOU put it together. It can be tough, trust me I know, but that's what this forum is for. There is a TON of info here to help you put together a set of armor or help you in your decision.

I just got a set of ATA's armor and a lot of blood & sweat will go into this. BUT it'll all be worth it. Good luck in finding a ready-made, wear-out-of-the box set of armor.

My 2 cents: don't get rubies. If you want the respect of people who know good armor, please don't get it.

It it NOT accurate.

If you want a "Stormtrooper costume" go right ahead. BUT if you aspire to join the ranks of the 501st, forget about it.

100% agree. I almost walked down that dark path when I started.

Do your research, it took me about a month to find what I was looking for.

study, study, study! There is a heap of info on these boards tutorials/Pics/Videos helpful websites.

It maybe alot of work to put this all together but it defiantly puts a smile on your face when you see what kinda monster you created in a few months.

Ok, thanks for the help. This is pretty daunting to get into, so I do appreciate all of the comments and suggestions. It sounds like my original plan, which is to get armor from an armorer in the 501st and to get help from my local garrison in assembling it, is the right idea. I'll freely admit that I'm not the most qualified to be cutting etc, but I think that I'll have plenty of help. Thanks for the input.

Debater2nd said:
Ok, thanks for the help. This is pretty daunting to get into, so I do appreciate all of the comments and suggestions. It sounds like my original plan, which is to get armor from an armorer in the 501st and to get help from my local garrison in assembling it, is the right idea. I'll freely admit that I'm not the most qualified to be cutting etc, but I think that I'll have plenty of help. Thanks for the input.

It can be VERY daunting for sure! But listen to all the people saying "no" on here... it's not just a bunch of people trying to make you feel bad. B)

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I was really positive to the Rubies armor (NOT HELMET) after what I saw from pictures, BUT...when I saw the Rubies in person, I got to admit...it's not worth buying. The details are too soft, and the armor looks gigantic. It looks like they've customized it to fit a person with baggy clothes on them.

Rubies= Not worth buying.

I'm sure your local garrison can help you out with building and the practical side with armor assembly.