Mark IV deployment request.[01][FX]

Ok, here it is:

Correctly colored ab buttons (Thanks Steve!!)

Boysandme2.jpg

Seperate kidney and butt plate

SplitBack-1.jpg

Canvas belt, Holster from behind, Holster on the left, and no gap between ab abd kidney plate

beltandholsterandside.jpg

Hero style bucket

Helmetlensesandtusks.jpg

No visible rivelst and neck seal

Neckseal2.jpg

Modifed hasbro balster, complete with Hengstler counter

blasterv2.jpg

I think that covers it.

Let me know if I am missing anything. I will be working on my Stunt helmet starting next week (it is on order).

Thanks guys!!

:trooper:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WWWWOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!

:dance:

hahahah looks great, my vote doesnt count, but you have it! :salute:

Looks great Scott!!!!

Ps Like the Banner, looks great!!!

Scott - overall a great job and congrats for taking on the challenge :)

Things I see to fix:

1. Presuming you're going for ANH (per the other details), the first thing that jumps out is the frown. If you look at the screen grabs from ANH, the frown paint is much less than what you have, which looks more like an ESB detail.

2. For the split back, I think what the standard had in mind is not just that they are cut, but that there is visible separation from behind as shown in the screen grab here:

millenniumfalcon_duke_anh1080p_troopers015_e17.jpg

Also for reference...

1) An angle shot of the bucket would help in establishing the lens type & color.

2) The blaster is also a bit dark to see the details thereof, but from the outline I presume it's correct.

Scott - overall a great job and congrats for taking on the challenge :)

Things I see to fix:

1. Presuming you're going for ANH (per the other details), the first thing that jumps out is the frown. If you look at the screen grabs from ANH, the frown paint is much less than what you have, which looks more like an ESB detail.

2. For the split back, I think what the standard had in mind is not just that they are cut, but that there is visible separation from behind as shown in the screen grab here: I assume a shot that shows the separation is acceptable?

post-2-1176700430_thumb.jpg

Also for reference...

1) An angle shot of the bucket would help in establishing the lens type & color.

2) The blaster is also a bit dark to see the details thereof, but from the outline I presume it's correct.

1) Yea, I forgot about that. I have been meaning to clean that up, and I never did. (rookie mistakes)

2) I assume a shot that shows the separation is acceptable? The only issue here is that if the belt moves (now that it is canvas and has more weight on it, it will) they gap may not always be visible.

AFR

1) Will get a shot outside to provide better views, after the frown is fixed (2 birds, 1 stone)

2) Will get a few shots of the blaster outside as well.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I will see how soon I can get this done, and add the new pics.

#2 -> you are correct in it not always being visible, but I think it's more the fact that it can. In many screen shots it's not visible except from the side, where you can see the but plate tips down a little by the hips.

AFR -> no worries! This is a new program so there is a bit of a learning curve for all of us :)

I think your armour is looking really good, but i think the thing with the butt plate is a hard one. I have the FX kit and have cut it where you see the line, but i think its just the way the kit is, different than the movie armour. You can t really see that i have seperated my butt and there is a 10 mm gap but as the belt covers the cut line no one would prob know :blink: see what i mean...

Copyofteekaydonpost004.jpg

Copyofteekaydonpost002.jpg

Yep. And I see the gap is ABOVE your belt, not below it as in the reference photo. I wonder if the belt just needs to angle up or something. Thanks for the shots, that sort of confirms my suspicions, and could get interesting, i.e. 2 cuts in the armor.

Thanks again,

The standard just says separate kidney and butt plates - doesn't mean you can't have a hidden third. The intent was to emulate the look as seen in the movies. Perhaps there is a better way to word it - we're open to suggestions.

I think your armour is looking really good, but i think the thing with the butt plate is a hard one. I have the FX kit and have cut it where you see the line, but i think its just the way the kit is, different than the movie armour. You can t really see that i have seperated my butt and there is a 10 mm gap but as the belt covers the cut line no one would prob know :blink: see what i mean...

Copyofteekaydonpost004.jpg

Copyofteekaydonpost002.jpg

for this part I would wear your belt above the "cut" line, and trim the top of your kidney part to get that "gap" look...at least for the photo's :unsure:

Good idea. I may need to trim the butt plate, but it will depend on where the belt sits.

Thanks for the suggestions and support.

Ok, two new pics to get feedback:

correcting the frown:

Bucketupdate1.jpg

View of the lenses (Hero style)

Lensview.jpg

Paul, et al; please let me know your thoughts. I still need to get a pic of the blaster and the back to show the butt plate seperation, but I wnated to get feedback on the frown, and an OK on the lenses.

Thanks guys, still trying to get it right. I agree the frown was way off, and I just never looked at it closely.

Ok, two new pics to get feedback:

correcting the frown:

Bucketupdate1.jpg

View of the lenses (Hero style)

Lensview.jpg

Paul, et al; please let me know your thoughts. I still need to get a pic of the blaster and the back to show the butt plate seperation, but I wnated to get feedback on the frown, and an OK on the lenses.

Thanks guys, still trying to get it right. I agree the frown was way off, and I just never looked at it closely.

great job on the frown! :duim:

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate the criticism and comments. Criticism is not usually a bad thing, especially if it is mean to help, not hinder. I will get some pics of the blaster and plate as soon as I can.

It is great to want to work towards something, and have people not only willing to help you get there, but also be willing to show you areas where you need to improve.

MUCH APPRECIATION!!

Mark IV here I come!!

"trooper:

Scott.... please receive my personal thanks on this post.

I?m running towards the Mark IV status too and this thread has helped me like no other really.

It?s great and inspiring to see this level of dedication to the look of the movies.

I already modded the frown and will be adding the two bolts to the ear pieces sometime this weekend as well as painting the abs buttons.

The canvas belt will be another thing since I have to scratch build it so it?ll take me longer, but that?s not an issue for me.... time and patience will do the job.

Now that I?m officially accepted on the legion I feel that there?s no rush anymore and that I can work on my armor at my own pace.

Great job on your Mark IV Mod, it?s looking really great!

Kudos!

Vode An.

Dargas

TK-1845

Yup, just two.

Total TK's in the 501st: 1797

Total TK's in the 501st with a picture: 1304

Total TK's registered on the detachment: 102

Total TK's with Mark status: 2

OK, here we go!!!

Blaster update shots:

Blaster3.jpg

Blaster2.jpg

And butt plate cut shot:

Buttplate1.jpg

Please pardon my jeans, I swear they are not a part of my armor!!

And just for fun, here is a couple shots of my insulin pump mod:

Pumpmod.jpg

Pumpmod2.jpg

Here's to hoping!!!