Lens fogging, suggestions?

Nope not here, i just add one drop of liquid dish soap to 1/4 cup of water, clean the lens one the inside. let dry and then useing the same water i tap my finger quickly in the water, shake off exses and apply to the lens again, and i dry wipe then before the troop. never had issues with foggy lenses.

Nope not here, i just add one drop of liquid dish soap to 1/4 cup of water, clean the lens one the inside. let dry and then useing the same water i tap my finger quickly in the water, shake off exses and apply to the lens again, and i dry wipe then before the troop. never had issues with foggy lenses.

Good to hear, I'm worried about my glasses too though -- hopefully some people who have glasses will chime in.

I have a MRCE where the lenses are held in with screws. I've found that it is better if the lenses DON'T sit flush against the eye holes, thus leaving a small gap where air can escape. I almost never have a problem with the lenses fogging up. I suppose that if my lenses were hot-glued in all the way around the edges with no where for the air to escape, that they would fog up a lot more.

I use shaving creme... just a tiny, tiny, tiny bit... rub it on till it's gone, then buff it off with a tissue. Works for hours!

You have to do it before every troop... but it's my tip!

Where was this thread last week when I was looking for anti-fog stuff <_<

I was only able to wear my glasses under my FX helmet and that thing was so big there was plenty of room for the air to circulate and I never had a problem with the lenses fogging up.

Be a hero in your troop and order a box of these anti-fog cleaning towlets. I just put a box in my armor bin and now offer them up to my squad mates at every troop...

They work very well.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 4 weeks later...
Tried this last troop... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I did the same thing on Halloween -- baby wipes and a single fan; no problems whatsoever.

My buddy didn't have a fan, and just used the wipes, had no problems either.

I'm gonna carry a box in my armor tub from now on. :)