Burning a hole in the armor

Anyone else run into the problem of burning a hole in the armor? I use to much glue on the snap. Looks like the glue ran into the metal snap and bingo. Kinda of have an idea how to fix it. Just seeing what others have done.

Can you post a pic of the damage? I am curious about this problem. I tried to do this with two spare ABS pieces, a snap and a lot of E6000 but nothing happens...

That stinks, dude!

What glue were you using?

I know there's a thread on here that talks about making a kind of plastic repair paste using small shreds of ABS/HIPS and acetate. Apparently, it works pretty good.

I don't know what shape your plastic tab was, but I always make them oblong shape so that the glue is further away from the snap in the middle. Put a blob of E6000 on each end of the tab and wait a few minutes before applying it to the armour. The glue will not run as it will feel almost dry but it will stick just fine.

Another thing I do when attaching these tabs is to simply tape them in place while waiting for the glue to cure. Using clamps puts exsessive force on the tabs that is not necessary and if glue does touch the metal snap, the clamp is forcing it against the plastic and increases the chance of it burning through.

Summary: Use oblong tabs and tape them in place while glue dries :)

I don't know what shape your plastic tab was, but I always make them oblong shape so that the glue is further away from the snap in the middle. Put a blob of E6000 on each end of the tab and wait a few minutes before applying it to the armour. The glue will not run as it will feel almost dry but it will stick just fine.

Another thing I do when attaching these tabs is to simply tape them in place while waiting for the glue to cure. Using clamps puts exsessive force on the tabs that is not necessary and if glue does touch the metal snap, the clamp is forcing it against the plastic and increases the chance of it burning through.

Summary: Use oblong tabs and tape them in place while glue dries :)

:duim:

Thanks man

I cut out 1 1/2 inch squares. I think I used way to much glue.