501st Id Numbers

TK-2126_MD

Hello well with my armor is currently under Imperial Postal System, so i started to check out possible ID numbers on the 501st, any way after 10 minutes of all the numbers i liked being taken i check the big written roster for numbers

http://www.501st.com/members/dsp_roster.cfm

and found numbers that are repeated.... like the 0001 and some guys that dont have a number.

Any idea about the repeated ID numbers??????

found this interesting.

Hello well with my armor is currently under Imperial Postal System, so i started to check out possible ID numbers on the 501st, any way after 10 minutes of all the numbers i liked being taken i check the big written roster for numbers

and found numbers that are repeated.... like the 0001 and some guys that dont have a number.

Any idea about the repeated ID numbers??????

found this interesting.

If you look there is only on active member per id number. The rest are inactive/former members,

???

So we can choose a number if the current user is inactive......

Doesnt sound right......

Thx for the other answers!! :)

???

Doesnt sound right......

I don't think so... :unsure:

???

Doesnt sound right......

no.. your number is your number and will always be it. Your number belongs to you "from cradle to grave" (literally). you could one day decide to come back after being inactive :)

Hehehe I think i didnt make my self clear.

1.-How is it possible for there to be two memebers with the same ID Number ( 0001 for example, there are more, at least one more) or is this like Seth said number pending

2.- the members with no id but one the roster ( aproval pending??)

But thx for the other Q&A Schaf, always very helpfull :)

Hehehe I think i didnt make my self clear.

1.-How is it possible for there to be two memebers with the same ID Number ( 0001 for example, there are more, at least one more) or is this like Seth said number pending

2.- the members with no id but one the roster ( aproval pending??)

But thx for the other Q&A Schaf, always very helpfull :)

no problem :)

there was a time in the beginning of the 501st when the first members left the group again. back then this "cradle to grave" thing with the numbers was not installed yet and numbers of retired members were given to others. Maybe that has something to do with it. Just a guess :) But be assured that the newer numbers are only given out once. I am the only 8010 and will ever be ;)

members with no ID but on the roster?? have you an example for that?

Yes right here:

Look for:

the ffirst two on the roster

R A. California: Southern California Garrison (CA) In-active Yes

C O. Terror Australis Garrison

Yes right here:

Look for:

oh, cool *lol* both are no active members but it is strange anyways... never saw that before :) I have no idea why this is in the list.

no.. your number is your number and will always be it. Your number belongs to you "from cradle to grave" (literally). you could one day decide to come back after being inactive :)

From my understanding, even after you pass away, the number is not re-issued :unsure:

Correct. From Article 2, paragraph B of the Legion Charter;

B. Upon admission, members are assigned a unique four-digit identification number following in the tradition of the stormtrooper character, TK-421, mentioned in A New Hope. Preceding this number is a two-character prefix code denoting the costume of the member. The prefix codes and what costumes they identify are listed below. Members owning more than one costume still have only one identification number but are referred to using whatever prefix codes are applicable. Identification numbers will be maintained by the Legion Membership Officer and are permanently assigned. If members convert to inactive status, their numbers will be retired until such time as the member returns to active status.

(underline added by me for clarity)

Would not expect anything less from Seth.... ^_^

Any other ideas or facts about the repeating numbers or roster members with no id #??????

Look for:

???

• 2 weeks later...