Doopydoos DLT?

I know there are troopers out here that have used doopydoos Hasbro blaster conversion parts. I checked out their website recently and they offer a DLT now! Has anyone picked up one of these yet?

What are your thoughts on it?

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtroopersandt...r-mk2-841-p.asp

looks to me like its a very piece of work. but they don't sell overseas... damn.

Hmmm i guess u could have it shipped to someone in the uk and have them ship to u if u really wanted it.....

Hmmm i guess u could have it shipped to someone in the uk and have them ship to u if u really wanted it.....

I would be more than happy to do that if anyone would like me to.

Truth. Also, I'd wish I could see one in person and how it compares to the HF. Anyone want to lend me one ;-)

Dag Nabbit!!....the secret is out about these little beauties :angry:

I've got one of these fantastic pieces and they truly are a thing of beauty. B)

They've been cast from a real MG-34 and the detail is brilliant. They strip down into 3 pieces

(bipod and two part twist fit on the barrel) for ease of transport. Really quick and easy to strip

down and put back together and the 'pool cue' style connector on the barrel is fantastic.

I was lucky enough to be able to compare this bad boy up against a HyperFirm recently and

was really surprised by how they matched up.

Weight;- BIG, BIG surprise, in fact I was shocked that there wasn't a lot in it. I really thought the HF would be much lighter. :o

Detail;- The old 'Droopy Draws' wins just by a whisker. All the barrel vent holes have been drilled and comes with T-Track fitted

not 100% accurate but still pretty darn good, and the conical disc side greeblie, so you only have to add is the fixing wires

and the feed tray cover and the DLT-19 conversion is complete. :)

Durability;- This is where the HyperFirm will win every time. The resin cast is quite robust but if you did the old "lets drop it from a

great height on to a slab of concrete" test, then the HF will come out untouched but I would say you would definitely

be sticking a good few pieces back together on the poor old injured DD. :unsure:

Unfortunately I didn't have time to get any pictures of the big face off between these two beautiful beasts as I had to get

the HF in the post to make sure that it reached a friends home for his birthday. :)

Here's a couple of the oh so beautiful DoopyDoo's DLT-19

DoopyDoosDLT-1901.jpg

DoopyDoosDLT-1902.jpg

DoopyDoosDLT-1903.jpg

DoopyDoosDLT-1905.jpg

DoopyDoosDLT-1906.jpg

I Love this blaster and I've got to say that's worth every penny of the asking price :duim:

Hope this as helped

:)

Billy, so the DD DLT19 is a resin piece too? I'm starting to wonder if it's better just building one from the plans on the BBC so at least it should be more robust? Shame no one else builds these to order...... ahem... anyone? B)

Billy, so the DD DLT19 is a resin piece too? I'm starting to wonder if it's better just building one from the plans on the BBC so at least it should be more robust? Shame no one else builds these to order...... ahem... anyone? B)

Weren't hinting to me there were you bud? ;)

Unfortunately I've got two people wanting DC15 rifles doing, otherwise I may have been tempted. :D

Darren

How can you resist temptation......... :D

Seriously though, I may attempt a build of this..... have the time on my hands now... lol

The only thing I may not be able to do is to fabricate any metal parts..... mmmm

Something to think about though..... :)