Latex hand guards -- ALTERNATIV version

okay guys,

After some time in the works I present to you the alternativ style for ANH latexhandguards:

p1000504l.jpg

I made the master myself from some styrene, made some plaster molds and bought some latex.. et voila!

This is the first pull, fresh out of the mold.

There will be soon a for sale thread! so keep you eyes open!

They will be moled with the first layer being pure white latex, follow by natural honey colored latex.

That way, they will LOOK painted, but you won't have any paint cracks ( tough screen accurate)

Oh, and I also found a source of highly screen accurate black gloves

Feel free to post comments and ,if you like, express your interest in buying a set.

regards,

K.

okay guys,

After some time in the works I present to you the alternativ style for ANH latexhandguards:

p1000504l.jpg

I made the master myself from some styrene, made some plaster molds and bought some latex.. et voila!

This is the first pull, fresh out of the mold.

There will be soon a for sale thread! so keep you eyes open!

They will be moled with the first layer being pure white latex, follow by natural honey colored latex.

That way, they will LOOK painted, but you won't have any paint cracks ( tough screen accurate)

Oh, and I also found a source of highly screen accurate black gloves

Feel free to post comments and ,if you like, express your interest in buying a set.

regards,

K.

Wow these look cool , be great to see these on the gloves with the armour ... mmm looks like i gotta buy the wife another pair of shoes :rolleyes:

Wow these look cool , be great to see these on the gloves with the armour ... mmm looks like i gotta buy the wife another pair of shoes :rolleyes:

thanks!

A woman can't have 'nuff shoes :)

As soon as they're fully cured, I'll attach them to the gloves.

This is just a teaser. More versions comming soon!

K.

Hmm.. I'd need some new shoes aswell... fall is comming soon :D

Cool !!! dont forget to post pics of the gloves too!!! even thou i wear latex glove every day at work, i dont want to wear them in my TK, never liked bring work home ;) but other luv there Latex ( pun intended :D )

Cool !!! dont forget to post pics of the gloves too!!! even thou i wear latex glove every day at work, i dont want to wear them in my TK, never liked bring work home ;) but other luv there Latex ( pun intended :D )

Do you think there would be some interest in latex FREE hand plates, with the same properties (flex etc) tough? and if you couild attach them to nomex style gloves ?

Look Really Cool!!!

please let us know how much for a set once you have it figured out!

Sure! will do! But I think it will be in the same price range like the other vendors.

K.

Ohhh very stormtrooperish..... :dance: Chewy likes them.

About your question of the latex free hand gaurds i dont know..... the hand gaurds are awesome it the plastic gloves that kill me, regardless if they are screen accurate. i am around nuff rubber at work as it is. but the idea of add these to other gloves sounds intresting.

• 4 months later...
Anyone know the history of the latex guards? Why they were used instead of plastic ones? Were plastic ones made and disguarded?

Good question :) I never tought about that. I hope Paul chimes in.

But they VERY comfortable to wear. And easy to atttach; just glue them on.

Maybe it was for safety reasons. Ot they were a last minute addition, AFTER the armors were formed.

K.