Is this Armor worth it?

Found this Armor. Ebay Item # 170373256634 . just wondering if it is worth it, seems pretty bare bones, but at least I can upgrade it with a decent helmet.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I apologize in advance if I have posted it in the wrong spot.

Thanks

Unless you know the seller personally and know who/where/what the armour is, don't touch armour on the bay of fleas. You'll regret it.

It's best to buy armour from the source. If you do your research, you'll find those sources are very close by. ;)

I have been trying to figure that out, and it has been a no go for me. That is why I am just considering Ebay. I did check out the For Sale/Trade section, but most of it is either sold or they don't ship to Canada. Is there any way you can point me in the right direction. I am getting antsy and am going to push the "Buy it Now" and "Regret it Later"!!......

Thanks

hope the PM works.

my best advice none the less is to check the build posts, there you can check the quality of the different armor types and ask the guy building the armor, via PM, to give you some info about it.

runewolf said:
Wonder if it is this trooper?----------

It's not Alex, one Alex doesn't have TE2 armor, and two he's in the wrong state.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

It's not Alex, one Alex doesn't have TE2 armor, and two he's in the wrong state.

Ah, I'm really not awake enough today! Didn't catch that. My poor brain just had the thought that the armor was complete except for a helmet and Alex was scratch building one (pretty interesting job of it too!).

But yeah if you are wanting good armor in the less than $500 range there are options available that include the helmet. Do the research here before pulling the trigger, it will save you lots of heartache in the future!

Found this Armor. Ebay Item # 170373256634 . just wondering if it is worth it, seems pretty bare bones, but at least I can upgrade it with a decent helmet.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I apologize in advance if I have posted it in the wrong spot.

Thanks

It is really hard to say if it is worth it when you are new to the whole thing and on a budget like I was and still am.

I for example started wtih an FX kit and to be honest, even though it can be a mistake to buy armor on ebay, considering the price and the movie accuracy of this suit, I personally would have preferred to pick this kit up as a starter kit over the inaccurate FX kit that I have.

I am not aguru on all of this yet and if I had the money and the resources when I started this wonderful hobby I would have LOVED to get my hands on some TM armor, but as a beginner and on a budget, it is safe to start with an FX kit as an introduction to everything.

One last note, even now if I had the extra cash I would probably pick it up and if it was a dissapointment or week plastic, I would construct it for display or something.

Hi Rob

I made the cardinal sin of buying my armour off eBay ( before I had discovered this wonderful place, or had contacted my local garrison ). To be honest it isn't the best kit in the world and if I had bought more wisely my clearance would have come a LOT sooner.

I think the point is that some kits require more work to get them lookin good. Mine took a lot of modifying ( thighs were huge and the shoulder bells to wide for example ), but I got there with the help of my fellow garrison members ( many of whom pass on there words of wisdom here ).

What I'm trying to say really is that you will probably have a much smoother ride with decent 'fan made' armour recommended from the guys who know.

Darren TK4841

I wouldn't say that everything on ebay is bad quality, I have seen many members of these boards with nice sets of completed armor, sell their stuff on ebay because they needed the cash.

That being said, for a newcomer it's hard to tell the good stuff from the bad stuff on ebay.

for a newcomer it's hard to tell the good stuff from the bad stuff on ebay.
Exactly why we try to steer new-comers away from the bay. It's just safer that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to echo what was said before - unless it's someone's personal kit best to stay clear of Ebay. You never really know what you're getting, and it's full of overpriced and under-quality items.