Good helmet to buy?

Yep, the Master Replicas Collectors Edition (MRCE) helmet is a popular choice because of its price and availability, and with a little work it's Legion approved. There are lots of threads around here detailing how others have made all these required changes (and more) to their MRCE helmets, and they are a good alternative to the FX helmet.

But there are others, dont jump the gun and get a helmet because the price seems right, do some research on helmets, at the end it will save u money. Cheap=expensive in the long run. Research means knowing what to get and how much its really worth.

But there are others, dont jump the gun and get a helmet because the price seems right, do some research on helmets, at the end it will save u money. Cheap=expensive in the long run. Research means knowing what to get and how much its really worth.

This is such good advice!

Doesn't look as if it has been modded to me. There is alot of work in making one of these the best it can be, changing the ears, filling the gaps adding new lenses etc sometimes, as already has been said, cheap isn't always the cheapest in the long run.

Oh! That's one of the "Jay Leno" lids! I thought those had disappeared again - always fun to see :D

Yeah, stay away from that, it really won't make you happy

I bought my armor on ebay, standard FX... guess I was lucky not getting rubies, or recast stuff.

There are legit sellers on eBay. Even FISD members from time to time sell good armor on the site. The problem is that, for the novice hobbyist, it's difficult to tell a good armor from a piece of rubbish, specially when they see the claim that it's "authentic", "501st approved", etc.

So, novice troopers should refrain from buying on eBay until they can tell a good cast from a crappy recast (or worse,) or know if the seller has a good reputation within the community.

There are legit sellers on eBay. Even FISD members from time to time sell good armor on the site. The problem is that, for the novice hobbyist, it's difficult to tell a good armor from a piece of rubbish, specially when they see the claim that it's "authentic", "501st approved", etc.

So, novice troopers should refrain from buying on eBay until they can tell a good cast from a crappy recast (or worse,) or know if the seller has a good reputation within the community.

I was as novice as one could get :). I had no idea exactly how one should look, but the display picture looked pretty so I bought it :P

Like I said, I was very lucky :)

And yeah, no one should buy anything on ebay unless you really know what you are buying.