FISD Printable Compendium v1.0

The FISD Printable Compendium v1.0  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of it?

• Nice! This saves time!
    • I hate it!
    • It needs some finetuning.

This is a compendium made by me in expectation of my own armor, to use as a reference and guide in building it. I combined several tutorials and tips I found on the forums to use as a guideline during my journey into the world of white armor.

Special thanks go out to my girlfriend who motivated me to make a reference book.

Authors of the tutorials are mentioned next to the chapters, and a hyperlink to the source is included in the chapter name. (Ctrl+)Click it and you will be sent to the original source post or website.

I tried to credit all of those people who contributed to this, if I forgot someone by accident or don’t like your work pasted in this printable compendium,

please let me know.

Click here and select Download:

-----

-----

If needed I can try and spiffy things up a bit with backgrounds and designs and turn it into a functional webpage.

Feedback is welcome in both PM as in this topic!

[uPDATE] removed duplicate items, added PDF format

-Vincent aka Merugear

P.S. who hated it? :o:P feedback is welcome I'm all in for improvements!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I think this is awesome - great job! Is there anyway to make it in .pdf format for those who don't have Microsoft Word? Or, would that make it so the links don't work?

Would be great to see a section on adding fans and mics to the helmet.

This was just a thing for my own personal use when working on armor (which is still in customs :(), so yeah I will finetune it. The PDF option is certainly a viable one as I also want to make it look more spiffy, and PDF allows for that.

Right now it's weekend, cousin in law getting christened/baptized and hopefully my armor will arrive tomorrow hopefully, so I may not have time (or motivation regarding my armor is arriving soon :P) to work on it ASAP, but it's in the tubes so to say.

Please feel free to add tips and tricks and whatevernot to add to the compendium, and thanks for the positive feedback :)

Hello,

Nice idea.

But after a quick scanning, it seems that the in the document, the tutorials for the two neck seal types (from MOYA) are repeated in the document (at least in my version and word <_< ).

Thanks for the effort.

regards,

Heiko

(SWTrooperFan)

Dude i try many times both links are dead...... but i will try again sometimes my comp gets fuzzy.

Dude i try many times both links are dead...... but i will try again sometimes my comp gets fuzzy.

Might want to right-click the links and select Save As... sometimes it botches up like that. Checked the FTP this morning, files should be accessible.

Vincent :)

30 Meg's! You put a lot of work on your own to do this, so good for you! I have spent year's making lesson plan's to instruct young soldier's and never have I seen the "perfect" lesson plan. So don't sweat the fine tune stuff. I'm down loading this now and will have a look, but yes this is just what the new trooper need's. Good work!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually, as an afterthought, does anyone think we should put a glossary of abbreviations and some information about the different types of armors in the compendium? I mean, if everyone pitched in with their knowledge, this compendium could actually become a hitch-hiker's quide to the galaxy of TK building....

and with that, it could be used as a standard distributable to new troopers. This would decrease the amount of questions pressed on senior troopers. I know there's the troopers helping troopers ideal, but having this as a standard could cut out a lot of the basic stuff that seniors get tired of being asked. yes? no? thoughts?