Best Cure for the Worst Day!

So, I was having the crummiest day ever, bad day at work, not feeling too hot. So I'm walking home from my bus stop on the way home from work, and I see this box...... ;)

TTkeV7G.jpg

0QTHgTW.jpg

4gb4MIU.jpg

0E7FLeq.jpg

needless to say me day got MUCH better all of a sudden!!

Thanks ATA, you really made my day. beautiful stuff. great pull!!

I was all excited, looking forward to it....now that I'm looking at it, kinda scared S#%@LESS!!!! LOL

BTW, there's 3 little circles indented in 3 Squares, you can see them at the bottom of pic #4, on the right. Anyone tell me where those go?

I was all excited, looking forward to it....now that I'm looking at it, kinda scared S#%@LESS!!!! LOL

BTW, there's 3 little circles indented in 3 Squares, you can see them at the bottom of pic #4, on the right. Anyone tell me where those go?

i think i saw a picture of it ,they are used as a sort of belt buckle it is were the belt comes togetheron the front.

don't take my word for it just ask "THE MAKER".

These are the belt rivet covers they need to be seperated and glued onto the main ammo belt after you have fitted the belt. Although i have known some people to glue these to the ab plate and then give the ab buttons away to a mate ;)

He did a lot of trimming already - your job is much easier for that :)

don't need to tell me that Boss!! I'm very thankful. ATA did a very good job IMHO. I'm very pleased. I have 4 pieces rough trimmed. going to be turning all the edges with an iron to give them thickness, so I've got alot more to do. but so far, feeling good. pics soon....

can the ATA armor be rubbed and buffed till it becomes glossy? i know plastic can be rubbed to a shine given the right tools. I was just wondering if you can get away w/o painting the ATA armor.. some fine grit sandpaper and novus polish should do the trick..

thanks eric!

can the ATA armor be rubbed and buffed till it becomes glossy? i know plastic can be rubbed to a shine given the right tools. I was just wondering if you can get away w/o painting the ATA armor.. some fine grit sandpaper and novus polish should do the trick..

thanks eric!

possibly, don't know, I plan on painting, either high gloss with a few coats of clear, or auto paint, haven't made up my mind on that yet.

great looking kit,

I ordered one yesterday and put on a waitinglist for 17 days or so, then it has to be sent all the way to Holland.

i don't care that much because altough i'm new here i've learned to be patient, very patient.

that will give me time to research some more and order the little parts like neckseal, boots and gloves etc.

But what do you mean by using an IRON? is that like an clothing iron?

waw, explain please

maurice

These are the belt rivet covers they need to be seperated and glued onto the main ammo belt after you have fitted the belt. Although i have known some people to glue these to the ab plate and then give the ab buttons away to a mate ;)

;) Wooooow I almost had it right, you see, you call them belt rivet covers i called them beltbuckles, not bad for a niewbee like me eh fireblade? ;)

maurice

lam1308 said:
great looking kit,

I ordered one yesterday and put on a waitinglist for 17 days or so, then it has to be sent all the way to Holland.

i don't care that much because altough i'm new here i've learned to be patient, very patient.

that will give me time to research some more and order the little parts like neckseal, boots and gloves etc.

But what do you mean by using an IRON? is that like an clothing iron?

waw, explain please

maurice

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

New lid pics before I go back to sanding, this ghas 3-4 coats of white gloss, wet sanded, and I just added another white and a gloss clear. I got to buff it out after this so I can add my decals and go over it one more time with clear. then it's done except the insides and the lenses

hTBeWt7.jpg

vPwqTf1.jpg

XtFhtt3.jpg

I do internet tech support, they're all bad days LOL

I do citrix tech support where people call normal networked PC's 'standalones' cos they're used to using a thin client.

Colleauge of mine once had an incident where a client had troubles printing. He asked if it was a color printer or not. He put the call on speakerphone so you could hear the client walk to the printer and back again. The reply: "No, its grey."

*sighs*

Guess I don't need to tell you guys when I made that compendium :P.

On topic: It's nice to see an ATA brother. My armor is STILL in customs dag nabbit. Will prime the helmet today probably. Keep up the good work JB!

Vincent

I had a guy one time durring Hurricane Wilma in Florida a few years ago call and ask why his internet wasn't working. After asking some questions I found out that his modem was in the basement. I asked him to go check the lights on the modem and tell me what they were doing. He said "I can't, this area's flooded, and I'm in a boat in my back yard with my laptop." so I said "let me get this streight, you're in a boat in your back yard, and your modem's in the basement? That would mean that your modem is probably under 6 feet of water or more right? And you're calling to find out why your internet isn't working?!?" People are brilliant sometimes :)

Hope you get your armor soon. You'll have a blast getting it together!