Ebay link for hero Lens grey/green/red/blue

hello helmet builders and collectors,

let me know if you find any better sources?

-----------

PM me if you can help.

best regards,

vern

Post has been edited to remove my excitement about finding this potential source, which was seen as advertisment!

Thanks for the guidance paul!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

This is a borderline delete-able post. Are you just shilling for these guys? You shouldn't be posting for sale links to someone else's stuff, especially when you offer no warrant on their work.

You can get better lenses more reliably from members in good standing on this board.

This is a borderline delete-able post. Are you just shilling for these guys? You shouldn't be posting for sale links to someone else's stuff, especially when you offer no warrant on their work.

You can get better lenses more reliably from members in good standing on this board.

I posted this to see the quality control on the material shown.

if you'd like to direct me to a better source and delete this post... I'm down.

I'm looking to mod my MRCE into a hero.

was thinking... these lenses... some danter ears...

now if I could find a set of trim!@

woo hoo...

I guess I need to be directed to the best green bubble I can find boss!

regards

vern

You seek Smitty.

Most all you seek can be found with reading here. Just bad form that's all. When I was selling on eBay, I was legit, thing is eBay just wants to much money and is killing the little guy. I offered lenses for 6.00 shipped, eBay and paypal would keep no less than 3.00 a sale. That is nuts.

Many lens on eBay are for almost 20 bucks and 5 dollar shipping. Again, nuts. Don't fall into the trap so many do, wallet first and buy it now mistakes. Read, read, read. Why buy things twice? Not everything on eBay is rare, screen accurate, Molded from original or trustworthy. Now there are good deals, and in education here you will spot them.

Smitty seems to be MIA for a bit now, not responding to my emails, haven't seen him on the board in like a week. anyone know if he's OK?

If he hasnt responded in a week or so maybe he is on vacation, it is holiday season after all ;)

I've looked at smitty's work... and I don't believe he does AP and MRCE

BUBBLED green and grey lenses.

the Green would be for the MRCE

and the grey would be for an AP

help me out brothers... I've been waiting a long time!

thanks!

vern

SL-9135 said:
He does BUBBLED lenses for all helmets.

as of this post this is his status on MRCE bubbled lens.

---------

if you look at his lens thread he does not cover MRCE!

mkay!

look before you post!

thanks

vern

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I posted this to see the quality control on the material shown.

if you'd like to direct me to a better source and delete this post... I'm down.

I'm looking to mod my MRCE into a hero.

was thinking... these lenses... some danter ears...

now if I could find a set of trim!@

woo hoo...

I guess I need to be directed to the best green bubble I can find boss!

regards

vern

Vern - then you should have simply posted the link and asked if they were any good. What you did was post an advertisement for the guy.

All helmets covers MRCE.

I know he does, I sent him templates. Smitty is who you seek. But you know what, buy what you want.

Welcome to the FISD. Where troopers help troopers. Batting a thousand on your first thread man. Just so you know.

FYI.

All caps means your yelling. Yep... Torqued me a tad.

Ill put my money where my mouth is. Want some lens plastic? PM me your address. Ill send you a sheet free.

Make the bubbles with a spoon and a blow drier.

Tk bondservnt said:

as of this post this is his status on MRCE bubbled lens.

--------

if you look at his lens thread he does not cover MRCE!

mkay!

look before you post!

thanks

vern

Hi Vern

May I suggest that you 'reel it in a bit' when responding to others in your posts instead of

having a sly little dig at them, regardless of whether you feel that you are in the right or wrong.

Manners and respect cost nothing mate, but does go a hell of a long way.

The FISD is all about 'Troopers Helping Troopers' and I would hate to think that some

members feel reluctant to do so because of some misjudged comments.

:)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi Vern

May I suggest that you 'reel it in a bit' when responding to others in your posts instead of

having a sly little dig at them, regardless of whether you feel that you are in the right or wrong.

Manners and respect cost nothing mate, but does go a hell of a long way.

The FISD is all about 'Troopers Helping Troopers' and I would hate to think that some

members feel reluctant to do so because of some misjudged comments.

:)

I really like the input coming from this post... it's just a part of the whole- searching for parts thing that makes this hobby great.

The only problem I have had so far is that people have suggested a member ... but if you closely read his posts on lenses...

he makes it clear that he does not at this time provide MRCE green bubbled lens.

I'm a very accurate and detail oriented person... and I really like the input I'm getting here...

there is no need to reel anything in...

I'm just being as clear and concise as possible when posting to threads.

it is a little disturbing to me to have people make suggestions when they are incorrect.

and some of the elements of this post show some arrogance and rudeness on the part of our

members themselves.

but I'm not here for the intellectual errors of someone blindly sending me to a member who does not

in fact provide the stated element. in fact I have even PM'd that exact member regarding having

an MRCE to make the master mold for green bubbled lenses, from my helmet itself.

so in order to get the best fit, the best accurate look I was willing to provide my MRCE to him

just to have him make the best lens around...

there was only one catch... he needed the helmet forever to make his lens from.

so I'm sure you can see why I've resorted to this type of post.

it's all in the spirit of troopers helping troopers!

just look carefully at the mood on some of these replies.

the arrogance of sending a person to another person with the wrong product

comes through in some of these posts... and that's just human nature

in an group that strives for such excellence!

I have even had someone try to correct me about using capital letters.

this is starting to be a funny thread.

everone is criticising me for not buying from a member that I've already talked to

about MRCE green bubbled lens that he does not even currently supply!

if you look at his Lens thread, he is asked about MRCE lens status.

and his reply is a simple "nope"

so instead of trying to tell me I don't have manners,

or are yelling... or that I've not done my research...

post some actual links for green bubbled lens.

it's all the people who are derailing this post by critcism

and eliteism that makes this situation really show

the arrogance of some of our members who don't

have the details right!!

I have done a lot of lens reading and research.

making green bubbled lens with a hairdryer and a spoon does not seem to

me to be the way to go here.

this has to be FISD elite status type material.

I'd like to thank anyone here in advance who can either give a review

of the EBay material in the link posted above, or provide another source

that is more FISD.

no lens must allow the camera flash to show eyes.

I want to thank everyone up front... help me find the BEST lens on earth!

"I can't see a thing in this helmet"

Thanks brothers... You know who you are!

You seek Smitty.

Most all you seek can be found with reading here. Just bad form that's all. When I was selling on eBay, I was legit, thing is eBay just wants to much money and is killing the little guy. I offered lenses for 6.00 shipped, eBay and paypal would keep no less than 3.00 a sale. That is nuts.

Many lens on eBay are for almost 20 bucks and 5 dollar shipping. Again, nuts. Don't fall into the trap so many do, wallet first and buy it now mistakes. Read, read, read. Why buy things twice? Not everything on eBay is rare, screen accurate, Molded from original or trustworthy. Now there are good deals, and in education here you will spot them.

no bad form here brother... if you look at smitty's lens post he does not provide MRCE lens for bubbled versions.

sure anyone can cut out some green lens material and form it in hot water.

how about some formed lens that it actually flash resistant?

I have been reading posts here for almost a year. and I understand your reluctance to work with Ebay.

out of all the stuff I've aquired so far it has been very hobby oriented.

from getting an AP kit, to getting an mrce, to getting a resin cast sterling with real folding stock

all of this has come from these boards...

the main reason I started this thread was to get our detatchment's best of the best opinion.

this is all about having green bubbled hero style FISD quality work!

point me to that and I'll be jumping to click the paypal!

woo hoo!

and I knew a little bit that the Ebay link would attract people's interest!

I just didn't know that it would be so hot in here..

:sweating:

Vern - then you should have simply posted the link and asked if they were any good. What you did was post an advertisement for the guy.

as a web designer and such... advertising is actually part of my work...

maybe that slipped in a little with my apparent excitement about finding this

potential source.

:Grin:

Fair enough.

Offer still stands. I have grade 3 full welders shield yours free. That can save you up to as much as 25.00. If cut right yields at most 5 sets of flats. For the bubble maybe 3 sets. Follow the Tutorial and make em. Free is free.

Just need to send it. Maybe Ill get of my keister and make bubbles. Last I knew Smitty made MRCE Bubbles. Guess I am wrong.

Pass the salt, this hat needs it.

Internet is a funny thing, no tone of voice, no interaction other than type. What may seem normal to you or I may be different to another person. I take you as snide, and still kinda do. I can move on with it. Its a plastic costume.

I am not out for you, just pointing you to the information I had. I know Smitty had the templates I sent him for MRCE.

I wish you luck on your search.

Vern, I didn't see arrogance from the replys you got, Just as you saw nothing wrong with the tone of your comments. I agree that you came off a little too strongly to start your thread. Jus realize there are tons of people that log in, ask "WHERE DO I GET THIS?" "WHERE DO I GET THAT?" and don't act with much class for the 10 posts they leave before moving on. Thanks for clearing up what you ment, as well as how you ment it. The 'look before you post' remark was bad form, and rude, so please don't criticize others for being arrogant, when you started with what, in my opinion, was a little too much attitude for someone with 28 posts, most of which are in this thread. Not trying to be mean spirited, not at all, just pointing out that you had a bit more attitude in what you said than I think you ment to.

Heck with an attitude like this even MY lenses are starting to bubble.

People are trying to help you with something you requested and you backfire on them for sending you to 'this member' with 'incorrect lenses'. The way you describe all this I find quite disrespectful towards those that offer you a helping hand. Smitty is known to be a great supplier of lenses and all these people did were to try to push you in the right direction. Not everybody's hell bent on getting lenses 24/7 so pardon them for giving you a top-of-mind answer. It's good form just to help you out with it. And yet you still desire members to bring you a link to bubbled lenses on a silver platter and scold any of those who do not find you the right set of lenses. After reading up on lenses for a year I'd reckon you'd have found some acetate and cut it to spec. For what it seems no one else but you knows the perfect lens.

Making your own lenses from green acetate or whatever is an easy thing to do. And information about it is widely available.

And yes spoon and hairdryer are a perfectly good way to make those lenses bubbly. Just screw in your acetate and heat the plastic, then push it through the inside of your helmet.

I say polish up your communicative skills before you polish up your armor.

Disclaimer:

This is not a bashing-post, but moreso a call to order. This is a close-knit community and far from elitist from what I've gathered. People are really trying to help eachother but sometimes you have to do the thinking for yourself. Seeing several people being scrutinized for trying to help out just rubs me the wrong way and such I react. If this post offends someone, feel free to modify it or remove it completely.

• 2 months later...

I have finally installed the Bubble Lenses and I must say that the seller has a product here

that can fit AP, MRCE and other kits quite well.

The Thickness of the Lense as compared with the lenses inside the MRCE is like comparing paper to

cardboard in thickness.

These Thick 3mm lenses have made a great install inside my MRCE bucket.

With the screw points in the MRCE I installed the lenses with aluminum washers.

the lenses had to be pre-drilled with a 1/16th bit and milled with a dremel milling bit.

the dremel milling bit has been my most used tool.

I have included some photos of the install.

The seller added several buttons, a refrigerator magnet, and some postcards to the pack.

I also got a really cool surprise gift. a set of Green Bubble Lenses as an "example" of their

green versions... they sent me 2 of the same eye as a green example.

gallery_2173_226_7451.jpg

gallery_2173_226_3774.jpg

gallery_2173_226_1197.jpg

If anyone ever needed a good Bubble lens... this is a great product to try out.

I like the flat part right near the center... it really helps make the lenses clear to see with.