Hovi-mix?? tusks

OK, I admit to being a rather new TK, and I have been able to get about 95% of the info I needed, but can someone please explain to me what these are? I was looking at the Deployment qualifications, and am working towards a Mark IV designation, and I see this Hovi-mix cast tusk reference, and I am confused. What are these? How are the different from the tusks that came with my helmet? How can I get the correct set?

Thanks in advance for all the help. I am fine for Basic deployment, but I think I am looking form something a little more developed and harder to achieve.

Thanks,

"Hovi Mix Pa 2" aerators were used on the original helmets. They were originally part of a microphone or something. Most of the repro armor comes with aerators that are made from faucet parts wrapped in black electrical tape.

OK, I admit to being a rather new TK, and I have been able to get about 95% of the info I needed, but can someone please explain to me what these are? I was looking at the Deployment qualifications, and am working towards a Mark IV designation, and I see this Hovi-mix cast tusk reference, and I am confused. What are these? How are the different from the tusks that came with my helmet? How can I get the correct set?

Thanks in advance for all the help. I am fine for Basic deployment, but I think I am looking form something a little more developed and harder to achieve.

Thanks,

AFAIK, the only two people who make correct mike tips are Stomper (on this board) and Keith (on MEPD).

So, I would need to contact one of these two people to get the "correct" ones? Not to sound ignorant, but can anyone tell me what makes these accurate? The reason I asked is when I did my helmet, I did research to get areators that "looked" like the ones on the screen, and added speakers to my sound system, so my bucket is all self contained.

Thanks for the responses so far. I was under the impression from the pictures I had seen this was actually the black part between the areators, not the areators themselves.

Thanks,

Correct. My main challenges now are the canvas belt (just not done yet), and the blaster mod (on order). I just wanted to make sure I don't miss anything.

Here is a close up of my bucket:

WYHkU4E.jpg

As I said, I tried to use reference photos and such to be close, but if I am off, I want to make the correct changes.

Thanks again,

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Not the greatest comparison but...--------

Bucket -> The one on the left is a correct hovi-mike (Stompers). The one on the right came with my AP and is not considered accurate.

Foreground -> The top one is correct, the bottom inaccurate.

It's hard to describe, but easy to see in a picture between the two.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Good pics, but I am confused. When I look at the pics, the front one looks like mine, and I have seen the ones in the rear, but on your bucket, it looks like the one on the left (of the photo) is the same as the rear one in the foreground.

Did you mean that? In your post, you said right and right, so I just want to be sure.

Thanks,

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Now, if I could just persuade Staomper to do another run, I would be on my way!!!

There is also a guy named Keith who makes them. I believe he is on the MEPD and RPF forums with the username Keith. If I'm mistaken someone please let me know.

SuperTrooper said:
There is also a guy named Kent who makes them. I believe he is on the MEPD and RPF forums with the username Kent. If I'm mistaken someone please let me know.

Do you mean Kevin? Looks like Ian also makes them as well (just got this the other day) http://www.tk7903.com/.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hey Scott,

As paul said above, I also sell these. www.tk7903.com

Just to throw a spanner into your confusion, mine are excatly the same as the ones used by SDS.

(not cast from them) just used measurements etc to make my own.

Pictures are on my site.

Does any one have pics of Hovis on a Fx????? or better yet hovi?s on both fx and other helmet, would like to see that.

TK_MD said:
Does any one have pics of Hovis on a Fx????? or better yet hovi?s on both fx and other helmet, would like to see that.

These are Keith's hovis in the FX

jT0L3pG.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

WOW Thx you answered bback like in 30 sec...... (thats fast)

Look okay i think? ( looks fine to me) other pictures would be great, i will look around to.

Thanks beerman!!! :pint1:

Thanks for all the help. I got a local trooper to "donate" a set to me, and they are on the way. I will post pics as soon as I get them installed.

Thanks again,

So I assume the tusks are the same "piece" as the comlink top, just black? Man, I never noticed that before, but it makes perfect sense.

The wife told me I got my tusks in the mail today, so I will try to swap them out and post a few pics. I have no idea if what I am getting is totally accurate, since they were donated, but beggars can't be choosers.

I will try to post a pic tonight to get some feedback. Got my filler for my ab plate / kidney plate gap, working on my canvas belt, and just waiting on the Kenner conversion kit.

One day, I will earn my Mark IV designation, one day...................

Thanks for all the help, I have learned a lot, and really do appreciate all the help.