• What I have is good enough for me
    • I don't know how to get other armor
    • I'm confused by the choices
    • They're too small / I'm too big
    • I don't have the time to do all that trimming
    • I don't have the skills to build an untrimmed suit
    • I want to, but feel the alternatives are too expensive
    • I'd rather devote my time/money to a different costume

thank you all, this thread was the most useful Stormtrooper conversation I've read yet. I'm new to this and am in the process of finishing up my FX armour (missing right knee & boots). Before reading this, I knew little regarding different armour versions, 501st details, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just though I'd say that I saw the new photo on the Home page, and it looks amazing. I'm not sure weather they're wearing RT, AP or FX, but they all look great... BTW were was it taken ? :)

Wich photo... can we get a link?

Ā 

Ā 

i guess you might be talking about the C4 legion photo shoot.

Ā 

What you see in there is basically 90-% AFX

Ā 

A few guys where using AFX armor with TE, ANH or AP helmets on them but basically they where AFX.

Ā 

Mine was.

Ā 

Ā 

So guys I want to ask...

Ā 

Right now my small outpost has 4 stormtroopers in it. we all have AFX. now that I?ve seen all of them I?ve noticed something that it?s bothering me... you can see those guys necks but not mine.

Ā 

I have a small neck so it looks like someone hammered my helmet down my shoulders.

I can?t raise it because then the lenses lift up too much and I go blind.

Ā 

So.... much to my depair i guess I?ll need to upgrade my bucket and get my old (just 4 months old!) helmet into a crystal box to display it for the rest of time as the first Helmet Commander Dargas used in combat missions. I refuse to sell it cause it has a huge sentimental thing built into it.

Ā 

My question is this:

Ā 

Wich one is the most screen accurate helmet there is? and sice I know the answer will be "the most expensive" I ask again

Ā 

wich is the most screen accurate helmet I can get that won?t kill my finances for a year!

Ā 

I just want to understand the differences between helmets and the pricing for those differences.

Is it worth to pay the cost of a complete set of armor for just a helmet??

Ā 

and then... I saw quite a few models in C4... specially Scott?s. but I don?t remember the model... I beleive it was ANH2??

Ā 

and though I loved the size on the different helmets that weren?t AFXs i wasn?t really sure about the detail finish... The "finesse" on the detail of the final things.

Ā 

I?ve seen Impressive helmet pics like Gundam Zeppelin?s TE2 but once you get the ting in your hands you start seeing flaws on them (I am not stating yours has flaws my man!.... i?m just exemplifiying here).

Ā 

please help me on this point and if there is a nother thread about this topic please point me to it so I can keep rambling on.

Ā 

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

Ā 

I still think AFX helmets and armor are beautiful and certailnly the PPL doing them are the most amazing and friendly builders there are, withouth them there wouldn?t be 2000 stromtroopers around the world and the only reason I?m "upgrading" my helmet is beause I hate that My neck can?t be seen as opossed to my fellow troopers.

Ā 

Regards!

• 2 years later...