My first helmet

Before getting into these forums, and even before getting into the Spanish Garrison forums or ordering my AP kit, I had one "I need an armor now!" moment and made an impulse buy: an SDS helmet. :blush:

(At least I didn't buy a Rubi's or one of those Stay Puft Marshmallow Man FX recasts of a recast. :lol: )

I try not to mention it, because it was just an impulse buy (which I'm not very proud of) and I know I'd love my AP armor, but in the meantime, I'll have this helmet to play with.

So, it just arrived today, and I wanted to share a couple of pictures with you, in case you're interested.

3636987136_d600ef3e45.jpg

It's here!

3636993540_f27e3400b9.jpg

This is what I saw when I opened the box: another box!

3636999112_52a4898a3a.jpg

A small catalogue and finally, the helmet.

3636188489_9bdbba062a.jpg

My very first piece of SW prop!

3636193009_12bba46661.jpg

It looks nice to me. :)

3636201143_f96c4f4dcd.jpg

A detail of the mouth: teeth are hand painted.

3636204763_3cd8f4022c.jpg

The ear piece. No black binding.

3637024024_2eb7618482.jpg

Cheek decal.

3637027776_b3087aff95.jpg

Stripes

3636215939_3ea1e709e3.jpg

Interior.

3637036536_753b76f293.jpg

The label inside.

3637041128_6004b6976f.jpg

I love stromtrooper helmets.

3637047078_52f41a70e0.jpg

This is an asymmetric guy, I can tell you. Are all helmets like that?

3636236467_0737526b4c.jpg

My son played with it and the ear piece popped. (I'll glue it later.)

3637056454_02fc00dbb3.jpg

A detail of the ear piece.

3637060620_15ca1d43ec.jpg

And from the other side.

I know how some of you feel about AA, but as this is my first helmet ever I can't help but feel very happy.

Cheers.

That looks great, are you going to troop it? I have Battle spec in my collection. which I trooped prior to aquiring my TM set-up, and it is a great helmet!

Thanks all of you! :)

@Gary: I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. I didn't think about it when I bought it. I just wanted a helmet! :P

Some of the guys from my garrison told me that maybe I could make my AP armor modular and I could have one regular TK helmet (the SDS) and one Sandtrooper helmet (the AP helmet.) If I use magnets for the ab buttons I can turn my armor to a sand or TK depending on what I want. It will not be an accurate sandtrooper, the shoulder straps and the knee pad would still be different (and I'll need a sandtrooper backpack) but it would be enough for some trooping.

I have to think about it, because I wanted to go for Elite status with my AP...

But the good thing about it is that, as I already have a full helmet, I can concentrate on building the armor first and leave the AP helmet for the last, when I'll be more experienced and will probably make a better job. :)

After I build my AP helmet I don't know what I'm going to do with the SDS. That's the bad thing about impulse buys, you end up with things you really don't need. :blush:

I don't know. I've learned on this forums that you can never have too many helmets, so maybe I'll keep it. After all, it's my first piece of SW prop.

Thanks all of you! :)

@Gary: I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. I didn't think about it when I bought it. I just wanted a helmet! :P

Some of the guys from my garrison told me that maybe I could make my AP armor modular and I could have one regular TK helmet (the SDS) and one Sandtrooper helmet (the AP helmet.) If I use magnets for the ab buttons I can turn my armor to a sand or TK depending on what I want. It will not be an accurate sandtrooper, the shoulder straps and the knee pad would still be different (and I'll need a sandtrooper backpack) but it would be enough for some trooping.

I have to think about it, because I wanted to go for Elite status with my AP...

But the good thing about it is that, as I already have a full helmet, I can concentrate on building the armor first and leave the AP helmet for the last, when I'll be more experienced and will probably make a better job. :)

After I build my AP helmet I don't know what I'm going to do with the SDS. That's the bad thing about impulse buys, you end up with things you really don't need. :blush:

I don't know. I've learned on this forums that you can never have too many helmets, so maybe I'll keep it. After all, it's my first piece of SW prop.

I'll take it off your hands if ever you get bored of it.... :D

Looks like he's done some work on the old Battlespec. :) I have a 2005 one. Some bought in the last couple of years have been decidedly dodgy; really unintentionally squint. Great to see that the frown is now painted and the teeth are better cut out than before. Nice bucket, sir! :D

the SDS is still a rather nice looking helmet, preferable to some other choices, so don't feel bad. Your AP will look awesome too. But keep the SDS as long as you can - you never know when you might decide to go sandy with it or something. And despite AA's problems, he is still undoubtedly the man who made the original ANH costumes, whichis something.

I always thought the ear pieces we're a one piece mold?

Is it like this only because it's the "battle spec"?

The Battle Spec helmet is different from the display one.

Both the vocoder and the ears are separate pieces.

the SDS is still a rather nice looking helmet, preferable to some other choices, so don't feel bad. Your AP will look awesome too. But keep the SDS as long as you can - you never know when you might decide to go sandy with it or something. And despite AA's problems, he is still undoubtedly the man who made the original ANH costumes, whichis something.

:duim: