Draft CRL for the TK Commander - 501st base stds

Daetrin

1) Comply with all TK ANH Hero CRL requiments

-------

MUST HAVE

2) Paint

* Helmet, armor, and shoes must include all rank stripe details in Duplicolor Royal Blue that exactly match the videogame and action figure references (see visual references below).

MAY HAVE

3) Armor can be battle-weathered (minor scuffs)

4) In lieu of using ANH base armor, troopers may opt to use ROTJ armor. If this option is chosen, the armor must comply to ROTJ CRL Requirements with the following exceptions

* ANH Stunt Helmet must be maintained.

* Hand plates must be ANH trapezoid instead of snowtrooper.

* Holster must be worn in the ANH style.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ForlornHope said:
This is a great pic displaying the weathering on the stormtroopers from the game

---------

Where is the blue on this costume?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Some pics i took from my PS3. please excuse the quality its hard to get good pictures off of a TV screen but i wanted to get some in game pics to show the actual armor from the game.

Couple of points

1) The ab buttons covered by the paint remain black not blue

2) Excuse the backwards abb plate that was probably to moron modeler not paying attention

3) The Stripes size and placement on the in game character are different then the action figures, models, busts etc so please be cautious when using them as guides for your armor.

4) The paint lines appear sloppy like the trooper painted it quickly so dont be worried about straight cut lines

5) keep in mind the ingame trooper wears his bracers different then most 501st members do. He wears them with the slotted side facing his back and the smooth side facing forward unlike most troops which wear the slotted facing out to the side. This is important to note when painting them markings and their placement and on the arms none of the embossed armor seams have blue on them as one might first think.

y90t3jA.jpgECmQ3KN.jpg

kmJs82A.jpg

26Wy16s.jpg2zfKTmi.jpg

P4fPvBu.jpgsqYAVAn.jpg

Y4Rd9v4.jpgj7Oo9ta.jpg

Z1pYm10.jpg

If you notice parts of the suit are very ROTJ. The ROTJ ab plate button is inverted as well and you can see the ROTJ style door trim around the chest, etc.

The proposed CRL calls this out, e.g. a trooper can use an ROTJ suit if they use an ANH stunt helmet and ANH hand plates.

If you notice parts of the suit are very ROTJ. The ROTJ ab plate button is inverted as well and you can see the ROTJ style door trim around the chest, etc.

The proposed CRL calls this out, e.g. a trooper can use an ROTJ suit if they use an ANH stunt helmet and ANH hand plates.

yes i noticed the embossed edges on the chest and back plates as well whcih were probably taken from the actual armor itself since im sure lucasfilm still has alot of old RotJ armor sitting around which they use for promotional stuff.

How they ended up with the ANH handplates and helmet i have no idea.

as for the backward abplate, its like that on all the troopers in the game because they are all just one standard model. The modeler in charge may have been dyslexic.

who knows.

does that TK commander have a lightsaber hangin from his belt?

yes, if you use the code "TK421BLUE" you can play as one

this allowed me to get better pictures of the suit without getting myself killed trying to take pics while getting shot at. Plus the commanders like to run away and use their personal shield generators making it tough to take pics.

as for the backward abplate, its like that on all the troopers in the game because they are all just one standard model. The modeler in charge may have been dyslexic.

who knows.

It's also like that on all the special edition stormtroopers, it's because Lucas wanted it that way. I don't think it's because of a modeler, it was probably like that on the references LFL provided.

It's also like that on all the special edition stormtroopers, it's because Lucas wanted it that way. I don't think it's because of a modeler, it was probably like that on the references LFL provided.

Yup. Uncle George sure seems keen on them ROTJ troopers. I'd prefer the base costume allow regular TK's to just add paint and be good, but the "must haves" and EIB should be much more of a stickler to detail.

Nice to note that a light saber can be used in lieu of a blaster.

Yup. Uncle George sure seems keen on them ROTJ troopers. I'd prefer the base costume allow regular TK's to just add paint and be good, but the "must haves" and EIB should be much more of a stickler to detail.

Nice to note that a light saber can be used in lieu of a blaster.

The commanders in the game use e-11s with the shoulder stock unfolded though i dont know if that would really matter requirement wise.

Reason im being so anal about everything is im painting and weathing an AP suit not a cheap FX so i want to get it right and accurate but it will look awsome when its done :D

Jonathan - you've contributed mightily to this costume's definition.

Can we say that an E-11 is a MUST HAVE and a light saber in lieu of an E-11 is a MAY HAVE?

I gots an ROTJ E-11... would I need an ANH one to be legion legit?

Also is there a requirement to be weathered? or could you have a clean TK Commander?

and as for the lightsaber...is there a limit to what type you can have? as in the hilt mostly

I gots an ROTJ E-11... would I need an ANH one to be legion legit?

Also is there a requirement to be weathered? or could you have a clean TK Commander?

and as for the lightsaber...is there a limit to what type you can have? as in the hilt mostly

Ok let me make this clear.

In Force Unleashed you play as Vaders Apprentice who is a dark jedi and thus uses a lightsaber. I entered a code to change my costume to a stormtrooper commander so that i could get close up pictures of the costume which is why he hasa lightsaber.

Think of it as a jedi in stormtrooper commander disguise kind of like what luke and Han did.

So in other words, lightsaber is a no no.

As for weathering, It should be a requirement if you want to look legit. I dont think you want to look like a green officer or the troopers wont give you any respect :)

Here are some screen caps posted by another member in the original CRL thread im reposting them to show more angles of the actual ingame character. The blue bubble is a personal shield generator the commanders use. Note the E-11 with unfolded stock and lack of holster. Whether or not the holster should be mandatory is up for debate.

ZoAGbQX.jpg

E6Rzq4p.jpg

So here's a question.

Not doing a TK Commander. According to TFU, you could just weather a regular TK and be considered a TFU TK. Make sense?

Also the normal TK's and TK Commanders. Are they ANH, ESB, or ROTJ Armor? I assume ANH, since TFU is before ANH.

Awwww screw it. Im going to do it. Ill proably catch a bunch of slack from the old guys in my squad. But I love TFU. Its my favorite story line in Star Wars. So Im gonna enjoy it.

Now do decide if I want to do a weathered TK or TK Commander. Hmmmm :mellow:

So here's a question.

Not doing a TK Commander. According to TFU, you could just weather a regular TK and be considered a TFU TK. Make sense?

Also the normal TK's and TK Commanders. Are they ANH, ESB, or ROTJ Armor? I assume ANH, since TFU is before ANH.

Awwww screw it. Im going to do it. Ill proably catch a bunch of slack from the old guys in my squad. But I love TFU. Its my favorite story line in Star Wars. So Im gonna enjoy it.

Now do decide if I want to do a weathered TK or TK Commander. Hmmmm :mellow:

From what it looks likes the force unleashed stormtroopers hav all of the qualities george lucas liked in his stormtroopers throughout the saga. There really isnt suppose to be a difference between the ANH, ESB and ROTJ stormtroopers, thats just what happened due to the nature of props and doing movies in the 70s and 80s over 3 year intervals.

IF you do want to be perfectly anal they are essentially a mix of ANH and ROTJ. The average onlooker and even the most die hard fan will never notice the differences so i wouldnt worry about it too much. I was a die hard star wars fan most of my life and i never noticed alot of the armor differences and little things till i got into this hobby.

From what it looks likes the force unleashed stormtroopers hav all of the qualities george lucas liked in his stormtroopers throughout the saga. There really isnt suppose to be a difference between the ANH, ESB and ROTJ stormtroopers, thats just what happened due to the nature of props and doing movies in the 70s and 80s over 3 year intervals.

IF you do want to be perfectly anal they are essentially a mix of ANH and ROTJ. The average onlooker and even the most die hard fan will never notice the differences so i wouldnt worry about it too much. I was a die hard star wars fan most of my life and i never noticed alot of the armor differences and little things till i got into this hobby.

So do you think it would be acceptable to just make a weathered TK like you find in TFU?

Im really leaning towards the TK Commander. But I still havent decided.

P.S. I have ANH armor and bucket.

So do you think it would be acceptable to just make a weathered TK like you find in TFU?

Im really leaning towards the TK Commander. But I still havent decided.

P.S. I have ANH armor and bucket.

Currently there isnt a CRL or EIB for TFU regular TK. If there were it would essentially be the same as the commander minus the blue markings.

Perhaps its something to look into for those troopers who want to weather their armor but the weathering would have to be specific.

Grime in the crevices, scratches and scuffs, maybe some paint chipping.

After all it appears Lucas really intends to change the image of the stormtrooper to more battle hardened and i wouldnt doubt that the troopers in the upcoming live action series will not be the clean glossy TKs we remember from the old films.