Getting a TK number?

I'm currently putting together my Stormtrooper suit, and I need a TK number. Do I create one, or do I request one? Is TK 8852 available? I'm currently a member to the forums, and I am a proud owner of a unassembled FX Stormtrooper suit. Whats next?

There is the list of all TK #s in use, you can search through the list to make sure what you want isn't taken. The application says pick 5 #'s in case one is taken.

I think this might have come up before

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Murray1134 said:

--------------There is the list of all TK #s in use, you can search through the list to make sure what you want isn't taken. The application says pick 5 #'s in case one is taken.

I think this might have come up before

Thanks

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 months later...

as in my username here, TK686, I have been going by that since 1997 (even had it on my license plate at one time) before there was a 501st or before I ever heard of them and will continue to use it and no I'm not a member of the 501st either, and probably will never be. I just like stormtroopers and a big star wars fan.

Mike,

Since this is a 501st forum, TK number screen names are reserved for the members they belong to. You can change your screen name under the "my controls' link that the top of every screen. Look under "Personal Profile" and the bottom option is "Change Display Name".

Thanks

carbonitekid said:

You might want to try explaining to this guy also:

----------

That's 868.

The number Mike has misappopiated is 686:

TK 686 Classified Record New England Garrison

A dyslexic moment, it's understandable... :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 7 months later...
Seems like it'd be easier to make a list of AVAILABLE numbers now lol.

The issue is it changes constantly. We sometimes add up to 100 members a MONTH to the Legion, so that list will be out of date the moment it is published.

That is one of the reasons you are asked to have up to 5 choices of the available list, because sometimes even between you applying and being accepted, the number you wanted might be gone.

When I joined the 501st I didn't get my first choice of # I listed. IMO, it doesn't matter to me. The important thing is that I got in the 501st. It'd be fine if they issued random #s but it is great that we are able to have a say in the # we're issued.