How do I look now?

Per my initial application, I was to add ab buttons, drop boxes, and finish my thermal detonator. I was also recommended by FISD to have also trimmed my forearms, biceps, and shoulder bells. I also heat gunned my shoulder bells to fit a bit tighter. I have since completed all of these steps. I have emailed who I need to, as to complete my application to the 501st. I will be attempting to go to Elite Standards of the FISD soon. I also have in the works my holster and blaster.

Here are some pictures!

Lt4Bemo.jpgbEUVDw6.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Wow - *much* better! Looking awesome there and I think it's ready for 501st at least once you add the holster (blaster and split butt needed for Elite). I think you did an outstanding job getting it to fit your body. Some last suggestions and all I can really see to get this 100%:

1. Shorten the drop box straps a tad

2. For the side straps that connect your chest/back, I suggest moving to 1" from 2"

3. I think a little more trimming at the bottom of the chest is needed. You can look at a screen cap of Luke in armor to see the line of the cut you need as it's more at the ends than in the middle - probably 1" I'm guessing.

4. Trim 1" off the bottom of the back plate to match the chest. It's OK for the back plate to barely overlap the kidney plate.

As I said I think you just need a holster and it's already 501st ready. Again, excellent job getting that kit to fit you - that couldn't have been easy but the result is certainly worth it.

Big thumbs up!!

:duim:

Looking good, Paul already mentioned trimming the chest and back, moving the drop boxes up a little so besides a few mods I think it looks great.

I need to get a modeling iron,a nd then I can go ahead and trim both the front and the rear chest parts as recommended. I can go ahead and move up the drop boxes, that'll be a cinch. I can also easily suck in the back to front straps.

Thanks for all the compliments :)

Since you're trimming the bottom of the chest why not give that baby a return edge. Thats the best job on a set of FX thighs I have seen in a long time. Honestly tho I tell you what would just set that armor off the hook...replace the FX chest and back with screen accurate versions.

Great Looking armor!

and nice stealth E-11 :duim:

Not to mention there is a guy in your town with a set of Follano. He might let you model his chest and back with your armor to see how it would look.

I pulled my ears off the other night....my MRCE's that is. I didn't want to be called Dumbo trooper. Now I'll be filling in the seam around the ears and frown with caulking tonight (no paint method). I feel relieved to see the helmet with the armor together. I have yet to receive my armor and was worried they might not look very good together. Your setup looks great! :-)

Will you be getting the resin or the hasbro blaster?

Speaking of that run, the last of the run is right here on my desk. I havent been able to finish it because some happy person in the shop thought it would be a good idea to burn up the motor in the lathe.

It´s just a minor detail, but I´d cover the back of the rivets on the thigh boxes and the sniper knee plate with some white stuff. If you don´t want to use paint, Tippex or other types of correction fluid works great for this. If you spill any on your armor, you can just scratch it off with your fingernail.