REQUEST FOR: Chest Mounting Amp / Speaker

This the type of voice amp system I currently own.

-----

It was left over from my Rubies Vader. Sold the "costume", kept the voice amp.

I was initially going to mount it behind the chest plate, but I am left scratching my head how to do this without going ape-nuts with duct tape.

Anyone have any pix of their rig I could get ideas from?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I would say that amp is going to be too big to mount behind the chest plate or back plate, I have a romfx and it will lay flat in either position, and I can still feel it digging in, so something that size will cause you probs me thinks <_<

Thanks for the comments! It's giving me more to chew on regarding my placement of the amp...

i know a couple peoplke with that amp but its always on their belt. Personally i am pretty skinny and so is my amp so i just drop it in the abb plate. haha.

On the belt? I had not considered that as the unit itself is black and I didn't want it to be such a huge focal point on my white armor. Maybe if I paint it?

I noticed that some seasoned troopers have theirs hidden in a pouch of some kind on their belts as well. It would be easier for something like this if I was shooting for a TD instead of a TK.

I would say that amp is going to be too big to mount behind the chest plate or back plate, I have a romfx and it will lay flat in either position, and I can still feel it digging in, so something that size will cause you probs me thinks <_<

I does dig in on my pecs. I had assumed that this was another "sacrifice" in wearing the armor :P. Nice to know that I can scratch something off the "uncomfortable" list. I had resolved NOT to mount it on my back plate as I didn't want the sound coming from behind. I'd hate for the illusion of being a TK to be shattered by sounding like a ventriloquist dummy.

An option I've been thinking is setting up some black nylon webbing and clips right underneath my armpit. This way I can have the sound relatively closer to my front, but have it still blend into the black undersuit.

Then, there's the option of selling it and getting something smallish and simple like Smitty's set up.

I'm guessing that if you want to install an amp and speaker in your chest plate you would be better off with the radio shack amp. You can remove it from its box to reduce its size some. I'm a big fan of industrial velcro. It holds up well. Just use a really big piece. You may also want to look at some of the other amps around such as romfx, etc. If you go sandy you could hide that amp of yours in a pouch.

I'm guessing that if you want to install an amp and speaker in your chest plate you would be better off with the radio shack amp. You can remove it from its box to reduce its size some. I'm a big fan of industrial velcro. It holds up well. Just use a really big piece. You may also want to look at some of the other amps around such as romfx, etc. If you go sandy you could hide that amp of yours in a pouch.

i went with the troopercom interface, and a set of stompers speaker hovis in one lid, and the other is setup up the same except it has trik toys hovi and speakers in it. beleive it or not the trik toys are louder than stompers. both setups works well, i just use velcro to hold the TCI in place, and that allows me to swap TCI between both lids.

• 4 weeks later...

I mount my amp behind my chest plate with industrial strength velcro. I have a piece on the amp and a piece on the back of the chest plate, works like a charm.

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS PIC!

This is exactly what I needed to get an idea for my set up.

Cheers!

im very curious seeing people mount these behind chestplates....

how is the sound propagation for a speaker faced up directly to the plastic like that?

what amount of volume do you lose?

is there any tone change? muffling?