My AP is done!

very nice build Lisa,i have been following your progress and am over the moon to see that its all come together so well.

I have one or two more tips for you (take them or leave them :D )

On the shoulder plastic straps like mine they are very long,what i did was cut the back of the straps off up to the ribbed section.This still gave me ample length and stopped them crashing into my back box.

The only other thing i would be asking is,are you going to cut the line sperating the butt and back plate.This is very straight foward and will give you better movement.

The only other small thing would be to glue some elastic from the front of your bells to the back.This would hold the bells 100% to your arms.

----------

Hope the pictures show what i mean.As i say ,the build is great without the small changes so up to you.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks!

I will cut the butt, that is the only thing I am missing for elite. :)

As for the shoulders, I'll have mod the elastic there to make them fit better. It's all on my to-do list!

First off, your armor looks great. Excellent job. I can't see your belt very well, is it canvas? You definitely want to cut the butt piece.

I got rid of the snap on my ap shoulder bells. I use velcro. The advantage is that I can more easily adjust the position of the shoulder bell without having to move the snap or change the length of my strap. I know a lot of guys warn against using velcro but on pieces like the shoulder bells it works fine. I've found that the industrial velcro works great everywhere. It allows you more flexibility in tweaking your fit which is key early on. I don't use the wrap around strap on the shoulder bells either. I found it made it more difficult to put on and with AP you don't really need it. Of course for total movie accuracy leave it on. I would also recommend shortening your shin pieces by trimming them at the bottom. This will give you a little more room around the knees which is key for comfort and mobility. It looks like your shins and thighs are hitting each other. I am 5'7" and also have AP. I trimmed about an 1/2 inch from my shins and I am thinking of taking a bit more off. You don't want a lot of black showing at the knees but you do need some, and lets face it, if you can't step up on a curb with out looking like you have a serious leg injury then you can't be very comfortable. Just my two cents for what its worth. I'm elite so you can check my photos to see how my armor fits.

• 1 month later...