size question about FX armor

I am close to your size - 5'10'' 190lbs

main trimming bits (length wise) will be the forearms, thighs and shins. rest should be ok as is.

shouldnt really have problems girth-wise - unless u are cyclist, body builder type physique.

may require shimming of the ab and kidney plates - but every1 does that to some degree anyways.

FX is very accomodating and can be modified to most body shapes. it is recommended for someone 5'8'' to 6'1'' I think IIRC

LCM - I have actually seen a FX modded down to someone 5'4'', there was however A LOT of plastic on the floor. POssible, but not for the faint of heart ;D

Nate

(...)

LCM - I have actually seen a FX modded down to someone 5'4'', there was however A LOT of plastic on the floor. POssible, but not for the faith at heart ;D

Nate

I have an AP, and have to trim that a lot too. The shins and thighs are not very comfortable, but the rest is actually ok. I borrowed an FX suit once, and that was so much more comfortable without the return edges! It's almost tempting to swap my AP for an FX just to be more comfortable... :rolleyes:

I have an AP, and have to trim that a lot too. The shins and thighs are not very comfortable, but the rest is actually ok. I borrowed an FX suit once, and that was so much more comfortable without the return edges! It's almost tempting to swap my AP for an FX just to be more comfortable... :rolleyes:

ooo stick with the AP - would love to see that trimmed to fit you! although if u are tackling an AP build, u arent one of those 'faint of heart' people I was talkin abt before. Good luck!

comfortable? if the armour is comfortable - you havent done it right ;P

to OP - hope taht was useful; will stop hijack now :D

LCM said:

:D

Lisa,

Thats one of the small prices we some times have to pay when wearing screen accurate armour

I'm afraid :D

FX is great, one size fits most (with a little bit of playing around), easy assembly, comfy to wear,

not screen accurate but can be modded to look pretty darn nice :)

Where as the more screen accurate armour like AP, TE2, T M, GF, assembly can be tricky for the

novice, they may require shims and or trimming for some body types, they're not always comfortable

to wear, but.......They do look bloody fantastic :D

Its a fine balance, form over function, style over comfort, there's no right or wrong with either

its just what you feel right with. :)

Can't wait to see your completed armour, I've been watching your build up and you are doing

a fantastic job :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

All armor fits everyone. We've seen TE look good on people 6'4" 240lbs. It's all in how you fit it to you. Some armor lends itself to certain sizes more than others, as has been pointed out. You should be fine in anything. Actually RT may fit you better than FX...

You're my height exactly and my weight almost exactly.

Depending on how long your legs are you may have to trim them, but the FX will fit you like a glove. Not too big at all.

If this is your first armor consider looking around some more... don't rush a purchase.

That's not because FX is "bad"... just my advice for everyone making a TK related investment. :)

well i have already bought a MR CE bucket....and im fixing to purchase an fx lite.. i got a really really good deal on the bucket and the fx lite is a good deal money wise.....basically i choose the option that i could afford...right now the RT mod is out of my price range as is every other armor ive looked at...

You're my height exactly and my weight almost exactly.

Depending on how long your legs are you may have to trim them, but the FX will fit you like a glove. Not too big at all.

If this is your first armor consider looking around some more... don't rush a purchase.

That's not because FX is "bad"... just my advice for everyone making a TK related investment. :)