JeffD

Cadet 3040 here,
Could someone tell me what the best undersuit would be to purchase for my build...
Thanks
Hey Jeff.
I use a two-piece compression suit I got off Amazon. It is like Under Armor just a different brand.

Shirt
https://a.co/d/glupjPh

Pants
https://a.co/d/9nJcHGv

I also have a pair of smooth long underwear for troops in colder months.

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There are two camps on undersuit discussion. Some swear by a one-piece with both too and bottom, and if you go that route, try to find one with a dual zipper to make bathroom breaks more manageable.

Others buy separate compression shirts and pants, which can provide a little added flexibility in sizing and dressing.

I actually have both types, but have used the two piece setup more often. Regardless of which style you go with, be sure you get all black designs and that there are no visible logos that will show when donning armor.

My shirt: https://a.co/d/g0iN2va
My pants: https://a.co/d/6Z1OWH9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Compression top and bottom work well for me, great for hot weather, on long troops I carry a spare set so I can stay nice and fresh.

Ā 

I also got a cotton set which I wear underneath my compression set for really cold troops, helps having that little bit extra warmth some times/

Ā 

Luckily managed to find both at a local chain store, I hear others have purchased from Amazon or sporting stores.

Ā 

Having the two piece allows a toilet break in armor, just have to adjust the cod to the side and be careful not to pinch anythingĀ Ā ;)Ā 

• Like 2

Another vote for a 2 piece compression set. Mine are just cheap ones from Kmart and ALDI. I figure when theyā€™re worn out (armour rubs!) Iā€™ll just chuck them out and it wonā€™t cost much to replace. I also wear a long compression top and compression shorts beneath my officer and scout costumes.

I had a one-piece from Xtreme Racing. I found it too thick and honestly uncomfortable. But each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick's Sporting Goods DSG house brand of compression pants and top. They have a phone pouch that hides right behind your thigh armor and are well priced. I own 5 pairs. They have a winter version as well which are nice when it's chilly.

• Like 1

Brothers,Ā 

Thanks for all of the feedback.

You all are so helpful.Ā 

Think im going to go with 2 piece.

There is a DSG,s store near by my work place.

Have a great weekend Team!

9 hours ago, JeffD said:

James,

I decided to just order the 2 piece from Amazon.

Thanks again everyone!

Although not needed currently having a second set is great for long troops especially conventions when you can change into a nice fresh set after a long break, noting worse than putting on a cold, sweat infused undersuitĀ :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:25 PM, revlimiter said:

Dick's Sporting Goods DSG house brand of compression pants and top. They have a phone pouch that hides right behind your thigh armor and are well priced. I own 5 pairs. They have a winter version as well which are nice when it's chilly.

I need one with a phone pouch.Ā 

1 hour ago, JeffD said:

Has anyone wore a backbrace under their armor.Ā  Is it possible and acceptable.

I wear one at work occasionally.

Its made of black nylon and elastic.

It wraps around my lower back.

As long as it is not seen from the outside there should be no issues.

Ā 

I wear a back brace with most of my costumes, it's something I can not do without these days. I also added elastic to hold up the thighs (on some costumes)

Ā 

I use the score and snap method, which is trace the line you want to cut multiple times with a razor knife, the bend and snap it off.

I also use a pair of curved lexan scissors. I picked them up on Amazon, but you can get them at most hobby stores.

I hesitate using the dremel as it is easy to take plastic away, but much harder to add it back, plus the speed of the dremel produces heat and will some times melt plastic instead of cutting it.

But YMMV.

2 hours ago, JeffD said:

What's the best way to trim out the extra mold from the armor?

Will a utility knife do the trick, or should i use a dremel?

Ā 

I love using a rotary tool (knock of Dremel), well 3 actually so I don't have to swap tips, very quick and easy to control, I use a drum sander, cutting disk and debur tool

I use a combination of techniques.

score and snap for larger areas that require removal, and a rotary tool with sanding drum for more detailed and closer work.

with a little practice you will work out which to use and when.