My First TK Build! ANH Stunt

18 minutes ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

Here are my first stabs at paint, let me know if you see anything wrong as of yet! I still have to do a second layer of gray.

I tip that helped me, you can use a toothpick to clean up the lines or the edges of the teeth. Works even better if you dip the toothpick in Mineral spirits before you "scratch" any mistakes off.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dblcross said:

I tip that helped me, you can use a toothpick to clean up the lines or the edges of the teeth. Works even better if you dip the toothpick in Mineral spirits before you "scratch" any mistakes off.

28 minutes ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

That is amazing! I will need some clean up! 

Be absolutely sure there is no acetone! Acetone will eat away at ("melt") the plastic! Avoid acetone!

When in doubt, don't use the chemical!

8 hours ago, Tilheyra said:

Be absolutely sure there is no acetone! Acetone will eat away at ("melt") the plastic! Avoid acetone!

When in doubt, don't use the chemical!

Would there be acetone in mineral spirits? Or do you mean in general? I’ll check my bottle regardless!

1 minute ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

Would there be acetone in mineral spirits? Or do you mean in general? I’ll check my bottle regardless!

No acetone in mineral spirits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

It was a general warning to be careful and check the bottle, as you noted you will do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

No acetone in mineral spirits. 

2 hours ago, Tilheyra said:

It was a general warning to be careful and check the bottle, as you noted you will do.

Thank you both, I have never used mineral spirits before so I wasn’t sure if it was like nail polish remover that there are different types! I’ll get phots posted in the next few days when I get the paint finished and cleaned.

4 minutes ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

would these be acceptable? I know keeptrooping is selling them now but with shipping it’s over double.. but if I have to I have to. Thank you

You'll want to reach out to the GML of you local unit and ask as that person will be in charge of basic level approval.

I'm not sure if you have mentioned your local garrison or outpost, but if you are not sure, here's a map of all the 501st Legion units across the world: https://www.501st.com/maps/

L2 and L3 approval will be up to DO team here on FISD.

15 minutes ago, Tilheyra said:

You'll want to reach out to the GML of you local unit and ask as that person will be in charge of basic level approval.

I'm not sure if you have mentioned your local garrison or outpost, but if you are not sure, here's a map of all the 501st Legion units across the world: https://www.501st.com/maps/

L2 and L3 approval will be up to DO team here on FISD.

What is the DO team? And how would I get in touch with them? Thank you 

21 minutes ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

What is the DO team? And how would I get in touch with them? Thank you 

Hi, The Deployment Officers Team (DO) are in charge of  reviewing and processing EIB and Centurion submissions in accordance with CRL requirements and  official reference images.

You can take a read about the Advanced Programs bellow and you can contact directly by PM to @TKSpartan  @Chemi  @Doggydoc  or @Deployment Officer Team for any inquiry about it.

:salute:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi, The Deployment Officers Team (DO) are in charge of  reviewing and processing EIB and Centurion submissions in accordance with CRL requirements and  official reference images.

You can take a read about the Advanced Programs bellow and you can contact directly by PM to @TKSpartan  @Chemi  @Doggydoc  or @Deployment Officer Team for any inquiry about it.

:salute:

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

A few of your lines are a little wide also outside borders, compare with these references.

DaveMANH06.jpg.4eac782b9cd4f28f87f18e6eb2884f70.jpgDaveMANH08.jpg.a6a412e011e4ca6b003e41850bbd9351.jpg

Looks like you may need to clean a little paint of the gums in a few places 

z9DUrlb.jpeg

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

A few of your lines are a little wide also outside borders, compare with these references.

DaveMANH06.jpg.4eac782b9cd4f28f87f18e6eb2884f70.jpgDaveMANH08.jpg.a6a412e011e4ca6b003e41850bbd9351.jpg

Looks like you may need to clean a little paint of the gums in a few places 

z9DUrlb.jpeg

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

Thank you for your quick reply, I’ll get that cleaned up and try and get those black lines thinner. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally gotten around to touching up the paint and the other helmet items. I and looking for level 3 certification. Please let me know if this could pass. Thank you! Don’t mind the armor I was just using the mannequin for a stand. 

loEUl92.jpeg
V3RCHW6.jpeg

aQvfVZz.jpeg
rjhYQ67.jpeg

ksMKKpP.jpeg
Z8rwjXs.jpeg

yvPTDY1.jpeg
QXBBM53.jpeg

gIz7Qis.jpeg
wSqOEYU.jpeg

pics below were taken before the rubber seal and meshes were added.

2XgYMJR.jpeg
eM6wakh.jpeg

RalHu8P.jpeg
LfxoDgB.jpeg

14 hours ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

Does this meet level 3 requirements? I’ve been trying to find a good mesh for the Hovi MIX. I think this is very close.

Hi Wil.  you're doing a great job and glad to read your goal is Level 3. :jc_doublethumbup:

Looking at your photos I would suggest some fixes to the paint job of your vocoder and the hovi tips mesh .

The paint on your vocoder looks pretty good, but it should be more symmetrical and with more definition on the tops of the raised ridges. You will need to round off a bit  painting of the ridges as seen in the references. About the Hovi Tips: even though the mesh you used for is wide, the wire is thin and  looks a little bent at the edges giving them  a curved shape. If you look at the reference images, you will notice that it is firmer, without deforming.

1X9cKyt.jpg

A method I have used to replace the Hovi tip's mesh is using a wide mesh strainer , a marker top and white paint.

70behPr.jpg?1    JgcUquP.jpg?1

wxbkY7m.jpg?1  TEHuCvU.jpg?1

3bWXOLq.jpg?1    8tGWpve.jpg?1

Reference Images

oTQPZhG.jpg   rrvd7tf.jpg      g3MY9yY.jpg  

Vocoder references

SAO0TvN.jpg   ebxjEWJ.jpg?1   

Keep up the great work  :salute:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Wil.  you're doing a great job and glad to read your goal is Level 3. :jc_doublethumbup:

Looking at your photos I would suggest some fixes to the paint job of your vocoder and the hovi tips mesh .

The paint on your vocoder looks pretty good, but it should be more symmetrical and with more definition on the tops of the raised ridges. You will need to round off a bit  painting of the ridges as seen in the references. About the Hovi Tips: even though the mesh you used for is wide, the wire is thin and  looks a little bent at the edges giving them  a curved shape. If you look at the reference images, you will notice that it is firmer, without deforming.

1X9cKyt.jpg

A method I have used to replace the Hovi tip's mesh is using a wide mesh strainer , a marker top and white paint.

Reference Images

Vocoder references

That’s a good tip for the Hovi, do you happen to have a link to a good strainer? I used a kitchen strainer for this one. Also I’ll work on sharpening up the voicecoder. Thank you for your reply!

• Like 1

That’s a good tip for the Hovi, do you happen to have a link to a good strainer?

I just stole my wife's and ran away!! :laugh1: :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

I bought the first one I found at a local discount store, I think most are around the same size

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 12:23 PM, TKSpartan said:

1X9cKyt.jpg

Reference Images

Vocoder references

Here is the updated paint! Let me know what you think! Still trying to find a good mesh, might have to buy the one off trooperbay… 

U7ZSV3J.jpeg

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Here is the updated paint! Let me know what you think! Still trying to find a good mesh, might have to buy the one off trooperbay… 

U7ZSV3J.jpeg

Thanks again!

Round off the point on the side of the vocoder

U7ZSV3J(2).thumb.jpeg.fe7d170cc5b699e9f8cc56fdea544e47.jpeg

Remove any paint from gums:

Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

References, note the small gap of white between teeth and gums

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpggallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you all for your help so far. I am looking for two things atm: 1) a good guide for assembling the belt (I want to know how far I need to cut it, where to rivet and any general dimensions).

2) is there an approved way to make the thigh pieces wider? Right now getting both sides closed is almost impossible. Maybe a bigger strip in the back? Any photos of such fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Third bonus question: for the strips that seem the armor together, is there a specific width they should be? I saw a pic from someone’s post using 15mm but I haven’t seen that written anywhere. 

p2OPbSw.jpeg

1) a good guide for assembling the belt (I want to know how far I need to cut it, where to rivet and any general dimensions).

2146e2d88bd088c1ee23e84b539089bc.jpg

Varies from maker to maker

BelttoAbRoughMeasurments01.jpg

2) is there an approved way to make the thigh pieces wider? Right now getting both sides closed is almost impossible. Maybe a bigger strip in the back? Any photos of such fixes would be greatly appreciated! Larger cover strip on rear may be allowable, check with your GML as it is up to them if they will approve. If it's too big a gap you may need to add some more material to the sides on the rear. Some links in this thread:

Third bonus question: for the strips that seem the armor together, is there a specific width they should be? I saw a pic from someone’s post using 15mm but I haven’t seen that written anywhere. 

Forearms and biceps 15mm

Thighs and shin front 20mm

Shin rear 25mm

• Like 2