My First TK Build! ANH Stunt

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

1) a good guide for assembling the belt (I want to know how far I need to cut it, where to rivet and any general dimensions).

2146e2d88bd088c1ee23e84b539089bc.jpg

Varies from maker to maker

BelttoAbRoughMeasurments01.jpg

2) is there an approved way to make the thigh pieces wider? Right now getting both sides closed is almost impossible. Maybe a bigger strip in the back? Any photos of such fixes would be greatly appreciated! Larger cover strip on rear may be allowable, check with your GML as it is up to them if they will approve. If it's too big a gap you may need to add some more material to the sides on the rear. Some links in this thread:

Third bonus question: for the strips that seem the armor together, is there a specific width they should be? I saw a pic from someone’s post using 15mm but I haven’t seen that written anywhere. 

Forearms and biceps 15mm

Thighs and shin front 20mm

Shin rear 25mm

You are amazing! That was exactly what I was looking for! 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:34 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Round off the point on the side of the vocoder

U7ZSV3J(2).thumb.jpeg.fe7d170cc5b699e9f8cc56fdea544e47.jpeg

Remove any paint from gums:

Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

References, note the small gap of white between teeth and gums

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpggallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

I touched up the paint, there is now a toothpicks width between the gray and white plastic on all sides. Also I did my best to clean up the voicecoder. Let me know what you think!

FZsQyoE.jpeg

mrApp3S.jpeg
fcTRV3D.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

I touched up the paint, there is now a toothpicks width between the gray and white plastic on all sides. Also I did my best to clean up the vocoder. Let me know what you think!

Nice work looks great

• Like 1

Yeah, nice work :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Perhaps, I would remove a little more paint on the center tooth, but only because my OCD wouldn't let me have a line that wasn't straight :laugh1:

IMG_20240307_223319.thumb.jpg.fda9f1a0ab6f6f603872180aa99b5e62.jpg

Keep up the good work, Wil !  :salute:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chemi said:

Yeah, nice work :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Perhaps, I would remove a little more paint on the center tooth, but only because my OCD wouldn't let me have a line that wasn't straight :laugh1:

IMG_20240307_223319.thumb.jpg.fda9f1a0ab6f6f603872180aa99b5e62.jpg

Keep up the good work, Wil !  :salute:

For now I’ll keep it since they all have a perfect gap of one toothpick head and unfortunately as we all know these bad boys have nothing symmetrical about them. This project really attacks my OCD… but that’s probably a good thing! :’)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

This project really attacks my OCD… but that’s probably a good thing! :’)

It's amazing how ones OCD kicks off once you start building a costume (or two/three/four) you can never watch a Star Wars movie/series the same way ;) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

It's amazing how ones OCD kicks off once you start building a costume (or two/three/four) you can never watch a Star Wars movie/series the same way ;) 

I’ll tell you.. it opens your eyes to start spotting how they made a lot of the stuff on set and also how janky the RTJ version looks compared to the original due to new molds off of old armor 

13 hours ago, THEREALWarr1895 said:

I’ll tell you.. it opens your eyes to start spotting how they made a lot of the stuff on set and also how janky the RTJ version looks compared to the original due to new molds off of old armor 

And you can't unsee it! No film will ever be the same as you will now look for all the details, errors, and any variation between different stormtroopers! It's exciting!

My favorite error is in ESB when a stormtrooper has one of their bicep pieces rotated 180 degrees from its proper position.

• Like 1

I like the guy with his shins on wrong way

gifHxKH.png

Great thread here about some of the oddities seen

• Like 1