Thoughts on add-ons

tk675

Hello,

I know it is up to me to decide on what to add on to the armor, but I just would like to know justifications on each.  Which one of these add-ons would you do first, and why?

BlastFX for the E-11 OR  helmet comm/speakers

I have the Blaster Factory E-11 that I don't want to put together yet in case I get the BlastFX lights and sounds.  How hard is that to add to the BF blaster once assembled or is it better to just wait?

I have the helmet on order, so I have time to decide on the comm/speakers.

I plan to add both eventually.

If anyone thinks of anything else cool to do or add, please let me know. 

Thanks for the input.

Sorry I put this on the wrong place, I don't know how to move it.

Edited by tk675
wrong place

For approval purposes you don't need a blaster for basic 501st approval, only for the higher levels so I'd probably leave that until after the helmet. For trooping both fans and comm's are pretty important, well to me anyone ;) .

I find adding electronics in the test assembly phase is better in case you have to do any modifications, could mess up your paintwork if you do after it's finished.

That’s so true.  I am so glad I put fans in my old bucket years ago even in Vegas winters.  

Saw some vids on the icomm and loved it.  I’ve been wanting to do that for awhile also.  Getting a serious E-11 was a distant want since I was more broke then.  lol….
ok good tips, exactly what I’m looking for.  Thanks!

Comms all day. People love it when you don't just LOOK like a Stormtrooper, but SOUND like one too!

There's honestly rarely an appropriate time to "fire" your weapon at a troop, so that's low priority for me and I prefer a rubber blaster that can take some abuse.

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

Well your Blaster kit is going to have to be assembled regardless. If I were you I would wait on your Blaster FX light kit (Yes I need to spend more money cause I'm drooling for Blaster effects) before you assemble your blaster. I'm not saying it can't be added after the fact, but but like @gmrhodes13 said there's a lot of work involved in cutting open a blaster that you so painstakingly put together with your own hands. Like @TheRascalKing said you rather sound awesome telling somebody to " Move along, Move along" anyways.

Edited by dblcross
  • Like 1

OMG!  You guys make a lot of valid points!  SEE!!!  That's why this place is awesome!  It does "sound" cooler to hear a stormtrooper amplified voice than Pew Pew....that is true, how often will I shoot that thing during troops anyways. 

ok, I will eventually get the sound effects, but icomm first.  lol....many many thanks again everyone!

I'm sure many of you have glued 3D PLA files.  What type of glue works for all you?

9 minutes ago, tk675 said:

OMG!  You guys make a lot of valid points!  SEE!!!  That's why this place is awesome!  It does "sound" cooler to hear a stormtrooper amplified voice than Pew Pew....that is true, how often will I shoot that thing during troops anyways. 

ok, I will eventually get the sound effects, but icomm first.  lol....many many thanks again everyone!

I'm sure many of you have glued 3D PLA files.  What type of glue works for all you?

CA glue BUT!, test fit first. Trust me on that.