Hello from Arizona

Ghostie20

Hello FISD,

My name is Nathan I am with the dune sea garrison and I am going to have my armor soon in order to become a member of the 501st legion (However, I am going to be a sandy rather than a shiny so if I need to leave then let me know). The armor I bought is from Armor Masters(AM) and I am hoping that any one can provide me with forums to build this type of armor or point me to a forum that can help me with this build.

Besides getting help with the armor there is something that I am pitching that I want to clarity and help with this detachment since its a personal project but maybe bring it to the legion(more details on that soon).

This looks like an interesting detachment to join and hope to be a part of it.

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD, Nathan! You're certainly in the write place for general TK type armor assembly, despite you planning to build it as a Sandy. Just be sure to also check out the MEPD Detachment as they'll have all the specifics about building a backpack and such.

You've made a great choice with AM, and one of my personal favorite AM builds is that by AJ Hamler. HERE is the link. Colin (oddviking) also has a good build, which I link to, among other builds in my resource thread below. Just scroll down towards the bottom and you'll find several AM building threads, and even L2 and L3 submissions.

I'm sure I speak for others when I say that we look forward to fallowing along on your build! Check your inbox too, as I'm going to send you a PM.

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your build, you are welcome to hang here and be dirty ;) 

Welcome aboard 

I just finished my AM armor build a few weeks ago. AJ Hamler build definitely has good stuff. 

Dave also has some pretty good videos for key stages on his Facebook page as well. Definitely watched those a few times!

I also found Pandatrooper videos helpful, and various other ones at different points in the build. The are some differences, especially in size, and that's where cross referencing with Dave's videos is key, and he's got some great tips for his armor, specifically.

I'll follow along your build thread once you are up and running. 

Feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to share what I learned from my build experience any time.