Hello from Rhode Island!!!

kenjancef

Maker here from Rhode Island. I have 4 FDM and one resin 3D printer. I build freestyle drones, built about 40 so far in all different sizes. I was 12 when A New Hope came out in 1977, and I've been a fan ever since.

I've always wanted a Stormtrooper blaster (E-11 as I learned), and found the Blaster-Master files on MyMiniFactory. I'm close to halfway done printing/assembling, but I'm having a hard time finding an electronics kit that will work in it. I've seen a few, with parts and schematics, but they are pretty old. I'm not afraid of putting it all together myself if I had the parts. Can anyone point me in a direction to find electronics that'll work?

EDIT: This is the blaster I am printing/building: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-star-wars-storm-trooper-blastech-e-11-blaster-rifle-by-blaster-master-72283

Edited by kenjancef
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some photos.

A lot add these electronics 

Welcome Ken!

I'm from the biggest little state in the Union myself.

Good Luck with your blaster build.

Sadly I'm no help for that. But there's plenty here who can help.

Long post, but I'll read through it. My main focus is an authentic blaster sound, a red LED at the barrel tip, and MAYBE a real screen for the scope. I've seen people using LED strips down the barrel, but to me that's not authentic to the movie. I'm not in a position to be looking for certification (just started reading all about that...), but I want it to be as real as possible. I'm printing all parts in ABS, sanding as I go. 

This site has tons of great posts as well, so I'll make sure to try to read the best I can. Thanks for the reply!!!

• Like 1

Maker here from Rhode Island. I have 4 FDM and one resin 3D printer. I build freestyle drones, built about 40 so far in all different sizes. I was 12 when A New Hope came out in 1977, and I've been a fan ever since.

I've always wanted a Stormtrooper blaster (E-11 as I learned), and found the Blaster-Master files on MyMiniFactory. I'm close to halfway done printing/assembling, but I'm having a hard time finding an electronics kit that will work in it. I've seen a few, with parts and schematics, but they are pretty old. I'm not afraid of putting it all together myself if I had the parts. Can anyone point me in a direction to find electronics that'll work?

Welcome to the home of white armor and E-11s TRamp (Trooper Amp) is a pretty popular kit for blaster installs.

https://facebook.com/trooperamp

trooper96 here on the forum has produced what are arguably the best E-11 files available, in case you ever want to give them a shot. He has several posts on the topic.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32293-trooper96s-e-11-project/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, magni said:

Welcome Ken!

I'm from the biggest little state in the Union myself.

Good Luck with your blaster build.

Sadly I'm no help for that. But there's plenty here who can help.

Small world... well, at least here in RI it is! lol... I definitely want my blaster to be as real as possible. I was also going to 3D print a helmet, but not sure about the full armor. We'll see. 

1 minute ago, kenjancef said:

Small world... well, at least here in RI it is! lol... I definitely want my blaster to be as real as possible. I was also going to 3D print a helmet, but not sure about the full armor. We'll see. 

Come sign up with the NEG

501neg.com

1 minute ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Welcome to the home of white armor and E-11s TRamp (Trooper Amp) is a pretty popular kit for blaster installs.

https://facebook.com/trooperamp

trooper96 here on the forum has produced what are arguably the best E-11 files available, in case you ever want to give them a shot. He has several posts on the topic.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32293-trooper96s-e-11-project/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined that group about a week ago. Reached out to him and he replied. As great as his setup is, it's kinda out of my budget, and his turnaround is about 20 weeks. Too long for me to wait. That's why I don't mind buying the components and soldering/building myself. I wish I could hold out for Tramp, but I just can't...

Come sign up with the NEG

501neg.com

That's pretty awesome. Unfortunately, finances are restricting my progress, so the blaster and helmet may be as far as I can go for now. And I'd be the PERFECT candidate for Princess Leia saying "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" Lol...

1 minute ago, kenjancef said:

That's pretty awesome. Unfortunately, finances are restricting my progress, so the blaster and helmet may be as far as I can go for now. And I'd be the PERFECT candidate for Princess Leia saying "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" Lol...

You can still sign up and join an event as a wrangler. No need to have a costume. But you'll probably want one after you see all the fun we have.

No pressure Future Trooper ;)

• Like 1

You can still sign up and join an event as a wrangler. No need to have a costume. But you'll probably want one after you see all the fun we have.

No pressure Future Trooper ;)

Oh believe me, I already want a full set! lol... In time... I'll just be in heaven when I can find an electronics kit for my build. 

This is what I am building: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-star-wars-storm-trooper-blastech-e-11-blaster-rifle-by-blaster-master-72283

Welcome to the forums, Ken!  Being a fellow E-11 enthusiast I can appreciate your desire for accuracy :jc_doublethumbup:.  Even though I can't help with the electronics part, I have done more a few 3D printed builds, and there are a couple of items I can suggest if I may:

Print lines look awful, so in addition to sanding I swear by these products-

1.  Rustoleum Primer/Filler-  Great for filling very fine lines.  I highly suggest using this to prime every surface before painting.  The reason being is that even though it may look (and even feel) smooth after sanding, a coat of this will reveal imperfections which will show up later.

RivOsWs.png      2jZh2Ht.jpg    kCWZOjd.jpg

2.  Bondo Glazing and Spot putty (NOT the 2-part)-  This stuff works miracles on heavier lines.  Easy to apply with your fingers or a craft stick and sands as smooth as glass.

(Hint:  Use in a well ventilated space and wash your hands immediately after using it).  ;)

wNDtnqL.png     mMHSBuF.jpg   

Another item I have used is XT3 3D epoxy coating.  It takes some getting used to but if done right the results are phenomenal.  I have a tutorial here.

If you have any questions or issues, be sure to post them up here.  It helps a LOT to have photos (this link will help).  Even if you don't have any problems, it's always great to show off your build progress!

Welcome to FISD Ken, I see the team have given you some very good links to assist your build.

This is a fun hobby, and as you can tell we are all very passionate about Stormtroopers and their weaponry.

Once again, welcome!

18 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Welcome to the forums, Ken!  Being a fellow E-11 enthusiast I can appreciate your desire for accuracy :jc_doublethumbup:.  Even though I can't help with the electronics part, I have done more a few 3D printed builds, and there are a couple of items I can suggest if I may:

1.  Rustoleum Primer/Filler-  Great for filling very fine lines.  I highly suggest using this to prime every surface before painting.  The reason being is that even though it may look (and even feel) smooth after sanding, a coat of this will reveal imperfections which will show up later.

2.  Bondo Glazing and Spot putty (NOT the 2-part)-  This stuff works miracles on heavier lines.  Easy to apply with your fingers or a craft stick and sands as smooth as glass.

(Hint:  Use in a well ventilated space and wash your hands immediately after using it).  ;)

Another item I have used is XT3 3D epoxy coating.  It takes some getting used to but if done right the results are phenomenal.  I have a tutorial here.

If you have any questions or issues, be sure to post them up here.  It helps a LOT to have photos (this link will help).  Even if you don't have any problems, it's always great to show off your build progress!

Thanks for the reply, and for making me think all my sanding isn't smooth enough... lol... just kidding! 

I'm progressing so far, starting to print the parts for the folding stock as I type. I had no idea that there was this big of a following for Stormtroopers, it's really cool to be honest. I was 12 when A New Hope came out, and I always wondered what it would be like to have the actual blaster prop. Little did I know that I could actually put my maker skills to the test to make my own! I have 4 FDM printers, and getting a resin printer setup this week. 

The biggest thing for me with this build is adding sound and at least the barrel tip light to light up. I've seen a few schematics that I could follow, but I read in a bunch of places that people took the electronics out of the Hasbro E-11 and threw them into the build I'm doing. I found one a few days ago on Ebay for $27, so I figured it was short money to at least try to get it to work. I love TRamp's setup, but it's a bit too expensive for me right now. I don't mind soldering and wiring, so we'll see what happens...

I'll attach a pic to show my current build progress... really excited for this project! Oh yea, I build freestyle drones, so my workbench is a bit crowded... lol

Q1ZYTN3.jpg

17 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Welcome to FISD Ken, I see the team have given you some very good links to assist your build.

This is a fun hobby, and as you can tell we are all very passionate about Stormtroopers and their weaponry.

Once again, welcome!

Thanks! I've been a Star Wars fan since ANH, and always wanted a blaster, but never really thought about it until now. I am leaning SO MUCH about them, the quirks different models have, and the whole 501st approval and all that. I can't wait to get my E-11 complete!!!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 5:11 AM, justjoseph63 said:

And one more quick question if I may... I'm not sure why, but I'm confused as to where the longer t-rail goes. Am I correct saying that it goes in the set of holes that are lined up with the magazine?

6 hours ago, kenjancef said:

And one more quick question if I may... I'm not sure why, but I'm confused as to where the longer t-rail goes. Am I correct saying that it goes in the set of holes that are lined up with the magazine?

Correct, as shown in this image

3ab783_719274967f97de495c5887c2ce5aa040.