probably a dumb question

It's really a personal choice, ANH Stunt is the more seen version being the first Stormtroopers in Star Wars but some like the dark teeth look of the ESB. With only a few items changed you can actually do both versions if you wish and even a Hero version of the ANH.

Here's a spreadsheet of the differences

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

Totals of Stormtrooper costumes currently in the legion

storm.jpg.475cce1bd0fa32bc108c234f601d3242.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Arturo,  

When I started my journey, I knew that I wanted to do a TK but also was not sure which=h one.  For me the decision came down to the ANH version being “my” Tk from childhood primarily.  Like Glen said it really comes down to personal preference. Look at the CRLs and get a feel for what each one takes to make and which one makes you most excited as once you put the costume on for the first time and look in the mirror, it will be something you never forget. 

[There are no dumb questions here.]
Since you have already narrowed your choices down to Original Trilogy, I'll just reiterate what is said already, it's personal preference.  The audience that will know the difference between ANH and ESB is very small outside of this forum and your local garrison. (Personally, I would have to go to the CRL to even know. I've never really looked that hard.) 99% of people who see you outside the legion see white & shiny: must be stormtrooper. (Someone referred to a Jawa as an Ewok the last troop I was on.)

But it's also fun because it's probably the most recognized costume, aside from Chewbacca. Everyone recognizes your costume and wants a pic which is where I have the most fun.

I picked ANH Stunt trooper since that was what I wanted to be when I was like 8 and saw the movie. It was not an option. :)
Lasly, picking any OT TK gives you access to a lot of existing tutorials and support that will help immensely if that makes any difference. 

Edited by TikiTechie

My decision was highly based on where I could buy it and the only option was ANH stunt so that sealed the deal!  However, like others have said, ANH was the first and that meant a lot to me.  Which one means the most to you?

Also as mentioned.  A TK is going to almost always get the most attention.  I've experienced first hand how people ask for photos with 'just the stormtroopers" and they always want to "run lines" with you.  I'd be willing to bet all TKs find they get the most attention overall from the public.  You can't go wrong!

Bart

A lot of factors at play here, really depends on where you are based, and correspond to which maker and garrison staffs might be able to give you support.

Most of us start at ANH (Stunt) which is the easiest because there is a lot of support from makers and fellow Garrison-mates can offer build advice.

ANH is arguably the prettiest( as a ROTJ I disagree!) , and it's probably the easiest kit to find a vendor for.
But at the end of the day, just go with whichever you like the best!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Just my opinion, but ANH stormtrooper is "the classic original" which is why I chose it, also I think ANH totally embodies what the original stormtroopers are all about. My TK ID was also chosen based on the quote "TK-421 why aren't you at your post?" 

Edited by viewoptic
  • Like 1