Started building in 2009

TKMilt

Hi!

So I started my TK build back in 2009 and took a few year break and decided to finish this build to seek approval so I can attend some events in the Ohio (US) area.

A few things to note…

I’ve gained weight.

I feel like my head has gotten smaller.

I need a new body suit.

I have a few things left to do such as:

• Attaching the lenses to the helmet

• Adding a helmet liner / system

• Buying & Adding a mic setup

• Figuring out how to buy / attach the thermal detonator with metal clips

• Buying a new body suit 🫣

Hope these pics go through. Excited to finish this and get out there to restore the galaxy to order. b06562da019a83dc2fb7206305c341e5.jpg

5ee9fd7b094a8731980c4fa1de286d8d.jpg

bb3a27d3c47099d0acb8eb892a72ea9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello and welcome! Wow judging on these pictures it looks great already on you! :D You might want to lower the thighs and shins a tad bit since it will be hard to move around with them that high up! Are you excited? :peace:

3 minutes ago, Nairy said:

Hello and welcome! Wow judging on these pictures it looks great already on you! :D You might want to lower the thighs and shins a tad bit since it will be hard to move around with them that high up! Are you excited? :peace:

I am pumped! Ok good call, maybe I've also gotten a tad taller - not mad about that one. 

Walking proved difficult... and bending was near impossible. Is this common?  I will lower the thighs, the shins were super tight against the boots, I will try to loosen them, but afraid I might break them.

Welcome to FISD Seth .  Overall looking good.

It would be great if you can post some photos with the complete suit up (black suits included), so we can see the final fit.

Keep it up. :jc_doublethumbup:

Will do! Purchased a new bodysuit (Amazon) this morning and thermal detonator clips from Etsy.

I’m going to need to do some work on the straps… some need lengthening others shorter.

Are most folks ANH troopers? I’m thinking about going ESB.

20 minutes ago, TKMilt said:

Are most folks ANH troopers? I’m thinking about going ESB.

Most are ANH, If you go for ESB taka a read to the CRL for each one to consider the differences between them .

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_esb

:salute:

Hello and welcome, that's certainly a long build, looking forward to seeing you approved soon

• Like 1

Since you already have the ANH hand plates you could start with doing an ANH and then in the future converting to an ESB:salute: 

Agree! Some parts show up today so hoping to knock this out once and for all

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Seth.

Thats got to be some kind of record for a build, but you are looking good to now bring it full circle and complete.

We are here to offer assistance in every way we can.

Looking forward to seeing this finished and you as an approved Stormtrooper (TK)

• Like 1

Thanks!!

Helmet lenses and padding installed yesterday - want to add some sort of voice system next so will do some searching.

New body suit showed up yesterday and now just waiting for the thermal clips and should be all done after adjusting some snaps and straps.

Pics to come!

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome to FISD

never too late to join as a Stormtrooper.

Who is the maker of your armor? I was amazed, after 14 years it is still white, not yellowing.

Edited by swibowoj

A couple of tweaks you could make, thigh coverstrips should stop at the top of the bottom ridge. Shoulder straps appear not to be fixed in the front. 

Belt can could come up a little. Also note you have some return edge on the shoulder bells which you could trim off, screen armor had the sides of the shoulder bells curved.

5ee9fd7b094a8731980c4fa1de286d8d.thumb.jpg.a3b324b9d11ccdfb739180df5ea22f6a.jpg

mG49Nzc.jpg?1  E5L7eXO.jpg?1

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

gallery_12157_15_18545.jpg

Sq6eUcM.jpg?1

FAKhPZ2.jpg?1

b06562da019a83dc2fb7206305c341e5.thumb.jpg.0a3dec7efb6e55dfa1450670456b3889.jpg

AP does have one of the smallest helmets out there, if you have any issues putting it on don't forget to put it on sideways then twist straight ;) 

gallery_14191_19_8136.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I’m not sure about trimming the strips without having major issues with the overlapping pieces. And any tips for the butt armor to not stick out?

I think if the strips aren’t a dealbreaker I’m ready to submit for approval! efcfc53654abe995957f2a4285268b82.jpg
f614e165a5f15cbfc5283da76d631671.jpg

Doesn't time fly, I think this build is one for the longest build awards ;)

Your photos are very low resolution so hard to make some issues out, here are just a few.

Tighter strapping on the ends of the posterior can help.

I came up with the V tab idea, helps keep closed that area

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Right thigh should come up to match the left, will give you a little more room at the knee.

Cover strip should stop just above the knee ridge

Belt could come up a touch more

Elastic should be on the lower shoulders, helps to bring them inwards

efcfc53654abe995957f2a4285268b82.thumb.jpg.8c01665f4f17e8ff85b4631b179206b1.jpg

gallery_12157_15_43188.jpg

gallery_12157_15_34529.jpg

"The top of the ABS belt shall sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical ab button panels.  A slight overlap is suggested, but not required."

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

Shoulder straps are sitting up on the backplate, may need some heat to get them to come down

"For Level 2, no visible rivets are present.  For Level 3, they shall free float in the back, be glued in the front and need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric/elastic chest/back connection.  Ideally this strap should be 1/4 inch (5 mm) wide, and connect over the tab at the top of the back armor.  The bridge should also lay flush against the back."

AK9w0mr.jpg?1     lbfFArU.jpg?1     FAKhPZ2.jpg?1

Detonator should sit down on the belt, also appears the control panel not trimmed correctly

Backplate overlapping the kidney

Bicep may need more trimming on the bottom

f614e165a5f15cbfc5283da76d631671.thumb.jpg.0602f25ff3c57087c52763f05d001649.jpg

TD%20measurements.jpg

Rear armor pieces ie thighs should not overlap they should be trimmed straight, glued with a cover strip on the front.

4698580390_0ec2687566.jpg

Normally if you have the cut out at the top of the shin you would also add this to the thighs

large.1884392544_imageproxy(8).jpg.b8e6c

Don't loose hope, most are just adjustments and it's rare to get everything right on the first go around ;) 

ooof this is a lot of blue boxes! But to my defense I did have to dress myself so hopefully I can tweak this and report back! 

Thanks again for the counsel super helpful with this way overdue completion. I think I can handle the adjustments versus a complete redo lol. 

• Like 1

Worry not, Seth! All of us had that "blue boxes" at one point. =) Self-dressing can definitely be challenging, and even now I need somebody to assist me with several things. Just keep chipping away, focusing on one item at a time. We'll get you approved here in no time!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TKMilt said:

Just letting folks know I am pending approval from my local garrison after making the required changes (: 

More to come and Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays! 

Great to hear, hope you have some good news soon. Once issued with your TKID you can request TK / 501st access here

Good luck