declared aim : ANH Stunt tk centurion

Trime Mudor

Hello fellow troopers !

I'm Tristan from germany! 

I introduced myself a few weeks ago and no I will go ahead and try to become a approved tk.

My armor is on the way from the uk to me from the wonderful RS propmasters. 

I'm very VERY excited. 

I would like to start with the parts I allready have finished and would love to get some feedback from you guys , since I wish to reach the centurion rank.

At first we have a rs kit wich I paint it to get the illusion of a hdpe helmet and everything else is handpainted.

So here we go

https://imgur.com/a/EZBoRK0

Hi Tristan.  What a great looking helmet and E11 blaster :jc_doublethumbup: they look awesome.

In a quick view , what I can see that will be a block for higher levels :

1- E11 Blaster:  Even though it look great , there are some small details that we didn't see on screen and you will need to address :

Ammo Counter 

CRL for L3- The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure however, T-tracks and grips shall be of a black plastic appearance with no silver/metallic weathering allowed.

Although in some counters the brass could be seen, in this one it does not look like weathering, (it is a perfect square). You may be able to paint it black and then rub a little before it dries completely, and thus give it the " weathered " look.  Also it would be located forward as the reference images.

References 

vgjaPEr.jpg         gaXh7ZJ.png  j1YXtUF.jpg  

r8eU0P9.jpg

2- Helmet :  As EIB and  Centurion are  an add on to the Legion standards, it  has to be Basic approvable. Those scuffed marks looks great  from a prop replication point, but aren't for what was intended and not what we saw  on screen when things are moving, and thus not allowed on a Legion approvable costume. You may want to  check the EIB and Centurion application Threads  and see what  we look for.  

AdZDWz2.jpg   vcE7tvo.jpg

wgVruek.jpg

Rerefences 

Qn3MuRH.jpg?1   whksazF.jpg?1

I would also suggest to trim a little more the extra material in the Left  Eye

References 

aN9cY2y.jpg       HpMlgF7.jpg?1

This was a quick check and more details would be pointed in a EIB and Centurion Review.  keep it up 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Trime Mudor said:

Oh dang... and I was so proud of this pieces:-D

Well. I think I will do the armor first and will get another helmet and leave it unpainted.

The counter could be a bigger issue. Because I jb welded on :-D 

Thanks for pointing that issues out brother !

Don't stress Tristan, basic approval does not require a blaster, so you will be able to troop with what you have the way it is. Only higher level EI and Centurion you would need to adjust it.

Secondly, your local GML will be the one approving your armour at basic level, not the detachment, so check in with who that might be and see if they are happy to approve you with that beautiful helmet. You may find they love it as much as we do when it comes to replica props, so don't worry yourself yet.

looking forward to your build.

• Like 1

Oh dang... and I was so proud of this pieces:-D

Well. I think I will do the armor first and will get another helmet and leave it unpainted.
The counter could be a bigger issue. Because I jb welded on :-D 

Thanks for pointing that issues out brother !
If you have any issues removing the counter, let me know and I'll send you another

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trime Mudor said:

Tell me what you guys think. Please ignore the dirt on the one side :-D

Nice work, you could trim the pointed area from the top, may cause a nice armor bite/pinch when moving

yZK2ip9.thumb.jpeg.526a7d7e24df98736e4e5346ff356bc6.jpeg

• Like 1

Height looks ok, just check the right side (front on) looks to be cut on a slight angle

DNxFALi.thumb.jpeg.ffecbd0dd965d1220739eb6b90990e22.jpeg

Reference material for you for higher level clearance

DO reference material

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

The top of the ABS belt shall sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical ab button panels.  A slight overlap is suggested, but not required

AND

Although not specifically listed in the CRL, the following item (underlined below) is often overlooked by during the build/painting process, and while not required at any level can be recommendations to improve the overall look of the armor. 

AB button plates should ideally be squared at the corners and be trimmed to where the actual plate is inside the ridge area it is mounted to as seen below. 

Note:  For Level 3 the paint does not extend to the bottom of the actual raised button.

LSuei4K.jpg?1   JViLwBX.jpg?1

• Like 3