TK21698 - Requesting ANH Stormtrooper Stunt EIB status [Troopermaster] 1068

Good Evening.

Dear Sirs and Madams Officers,

I am requesting for an EIB status with my armour with my best knowledge and conscience.

Trooper Information:

Name: Christian Langen "Chrischi"

Height / weight: 181 cm / 86 kg

FISD User name: TK21698

Legion ID: TK-21698

Garrison: German Garrison: https://501st.de/

Squad: Coastal Hammer (NSQ): https://www.501st.com/members/squadroster.php?squadId=127

501st profile:

https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=36627

Mandatory Information:

Armor Maker: Troopermaster England, UK

Helmet Maker: Troopermaster

Blaster Maker: 3DPOGO

Boot Maker: Keep Trooping (421 Classic WHITE)

Canvas belt supplier: Troopermaster

Hand guard supplier: Troopermaster

Holster Maker: Troopermaster

Neckseal supplier: Troopermaster

Getting every part of the armor from Troopermaster.

Full Body:

mobile.123i4ijr.jpeg

mobile.1253tdkz.jpeg

mobile.47oweth.jpeg

mobile.39o2fuw.jpeg

mobile.140bzcvy.jpeg

mobile.14064flr.jpeg

mobile.56t1erc.jpeg

Armor Details:

mobile.87rwi8d.jpeg

mobile.90e3izn.jpeg

mobile.85k6iws.jpeg

mobile.86axc3m.jpeg

mobile.88aactp.jpeg

mobile.849kct7.jpeg

mobile.9756f8h.jpeg

mobile.5x4ebi.jpeg

mobile.92bhdqm.jpeg

mobile.947bfqk.jpeg

mobile.98x1ig3.jpeg

mobile.995cehj.jpeg

Helmet:

mobile.1002odoh.jpeg

mobile.101tbcm1.jpeg

mobile.102lbegn.jpeg

mobile.103zifl4.jpeg

mobile.105yhcp6.jpeg

mobile.106x2iwq.jpeg

Accessories:

mobile.107hnffo.jpeg

mobile.108nad8h.jpeg

mobile.1102zdhn.jpeg

mobile.114djev7.jpeg

mobile.115jrelq.jpeg

mobile.111pycn7.jpeg

mobile.116u3fc4.jpeg

mobile.117x3dus.jpeg

mobile.119mucv5.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice work trooper.

Just before the DO's get here you may want to do a once over on your blaster, end cap can see print lines.

• 3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

mobile.119mucv5.jpeg

Also note the barrel T-tracks shouldn't be weathered as they were black plastic strips ;) 

Hi Christian an d thank you for your EIB app.

Meanwhile one of us is assigned to review your submission, we will need need you to help us with a couple of  things.

1- Add an additional photo of the inner side of your thigh ammo pack rivets to see the type.

Something like bellow

rGVf0z4.jpg   KWzMVUB.jpg

2-  As Glen pointed , to smooth a little more the  3d printing lines of your E11 blaster

CRL L2: 3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

Please check all the T-Tracks

vhF5VFd.jpg

v2vA3VR.jpg       wbBJji9.jpg

SoF0ccB.jpg                 wMn6fC9.jpg            

Thank you :salute:

vor 8 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Meanwhile one of us is assigned to review your submission, we will need need you to help us with a couple of  things.

1- Add an additional photo of the inner side of your thigh ammo pack rivets to see the type.

Something like bellow

2-  As Glen pointed , to smooth a little more the  3d printing lines of your E11 blaster

CRL L2: 3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

vhF5VFd.jpg

Ok, thanks TKSpartan,

here they are: 

mobile.143fadcy.jpeg
mobile.1440xeel.jpeg
I used and worked around the FISD photo checklist, but if you need more photos I will deliver :-)

https://abload.de/img/mobile.145kle82.jpeg

https://abload.de/img/mobile.146rfcfi.jpeg

Can I have a little bit support to become a smoother blaster?
Many thanks to you all!

Edited by TK21698

7 hours ago, TK21698 said:

I used and worked around the FISD photo checklist, but if you need more photos I will deliver :-)

https://abload.de/img/mobile.145kle82.jpeg

Thank you sir.  One of us will be with you asap. 

• Like 1

Hi again Christian.

I'll be making your review and I'll need you to make a Basic Level fix to your Thermal Det. 

CRL Basic Level: "The white control panel raised ribbed pad faces the rear,..."

As seen in the reference images below, the plate on your TD needs to come down in the back.  The ribbed area should face toward the rear, and it should go aligned with the canvas belt..  

Ou6UVt5.jpg     qTRxqJA.jpg

REFERENCES

XlNKKrL.jpg?1    VeXjroO.jpg      PKYlsRK.jpg

Thank you Trooper.  :salute:

• Like 1

Am 18.8.2023 um 23:01 schrieb TKSpartan:

Hi again Christian.

I'll be making your review and I'll need you to make a Basic Level fix to your Thermal Det. 

CRL Basic Level: "The white control panel raised ribbed pad faces the rear,..."

As seen in the reference images below, the plate on your TD needs to come down in the back.  The ribbed area should face toward the rear, and it should go aligned with the canvas belt..  

Ou6UVt5.jpg     qTRxqJA.jpg

REFERENCES

XlNKKrL.jpg?1    VeXjroO.jpg      PKYlsRK.jpg

Thank you Trooper.  :salute:

Good Afternoon @TKSpartan Mario,

with a little help from my loyal to the empire staying wife ;-) on my back, we corrected the position of the TD on my belt.

So please have a look on these following pictures:

mobile.158ovi0i.jpeg

mobile.165k5fet.jpeg

Greetings to Costa Rica!

• Like 2

Am 17.8.2023 um 00:58 schrieb TKSpartan:

Something like bellow

vhF5VFd.jpg

Hello there ;-) again @TKSpartan Mario,

I sanded the complained visible parts on my blaster and painted it over with black lacquer.

Please have another look on the following pictures:

mobile.169uwdfc.jpeg

mobile.17215ig8.jpeg

mobile.176qndev.jpeg

Thank you for your feedback and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Greetings from germany over the oceans to the caribian!

Christian

2 hours ago, TK21698 said:

Hello there ;-) again @TKSpartan Mario,

I sanded the complained visible parts on my blaster and painted it over with black lacquer.

Please have another look on the following pictures:

mobile.169uwdfc.jpeg

mobile.17215ig8.jpeg

mobile.176qndev.jpeg

Thank you for your feedback and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Greetings from germany over the oceans to the caribian!

Christian

Hi Christian! 

I had the same problem with my blaster when applying for EIB- specifically the print lines on the back of the blaster and D ring.  I'd recommend putting on a coat of Bondo.  For my D ring, I removed it, sanded it down as best I could, gooped it up with bondo, sanded back down, and repainted.  It was probably the most difficult part of the blaster for me to get right.  The flat surfaces, like the back of your blaster in the pic above, will be very easy to fix with a light coat of bondo, sanding, and repainting. 

My EIB thread below, if you wanted references of what a blaster with visible print lines looked like before and after EIB approval.

• Like 2

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Alikh:

Hi Christian! 

I had the same problem with my blaster when applying for EIB- specifically the print lines on the back of the blaster and D ring.  I'd recommend putting on a coat of Bondo.  For my D ring, I removed it, sanded it down as best I could, gooped it up with bondo, sanded back down, and repainted.  It was probably the most difficult part of the blaster for me to get right.  The flat surfaces, like the back of your blaster in the pic above, will be very easy to fix with a light coat of bondo, sanding, and repainting. 

My EIB thread below, if you wanted references of what a blaster with visible print lines looked like before and after EIB approval.

Thanks Alikh, 

I just read your request thread. 
I just worked all parts over, sanded them and painted it again. After drying overnight I hope to be closer to my final goal. :sSW_stormtroopers:
Seems that the CRL was changed a few months ago in relation to 3D blasters…

Please press all thumbs for me! :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

On 8/20/2023 at 8:00 AM, TK21698 said:

Good Afternoon @TKSpartan Mario,

with a little help from my loyal to the empire staying wife ;-) on my back, we corrected the position of the TD on my belt.

So please have a look on these following pictures:

mobile.158ovi0i.jpeg

mobile.165k5fet.jpeg

Greetings to Costa Rica!

Awesome job  Christian and definitely de ladies have a better sight ! "they see everything " :D :laugh1: 

Pura Vida! :salute:

• Like 1

Am 20.8.2023 um 17:34 schrieb Chemi:

Hi Christian. About the TD, you nailed it!

However, the Blaster still has too many visible print lines. :blush:

Good evening,

Dear DO`s, thank you for your feedback.

Please have benevolent look on my revised blaster again:

mobile.184dccy7.jpeg

mobile.178axd3n.jpeg

mobile.182skek3.jpeg

Bye Troopers! :smiley-sw013:

• Like 5

Hi Christian.

Could you  help me with two additional photos please?  You Don't need to suit up your amor.  Just align the pieces and take the photos. thanks :salute:

Bellow the required photos but take them bigger size. 

Han Snap                     Ab/Kidney rivets                          wrist openings   

lIuL7zZ.jpg             SVKfVWh.jpg         iTET7iQ.jpg?2

vor 13 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Hi Christian.

Could you  help me with two additional photos please?  You Don't need to suit up your amor.  Just align the pieces and take the photos. thanks :salute:

Bellow the required photos but take them bigger size. 

Han Snap                     Ab/Kidney rivets                          wrist openings   

lIuL7zZ.jpg             SVKfVWh.jpg         iTET7iQ.jpg?2

Hi TKSpartan,

hope the following pictures are satisfying you:

https://abload.de/img/mobile.185bncac.jpeg
https://abload.de/img/mobile.195s7cir.jpeg
https://abload.de/img/mobile.19147ehg.jpeg
https://abload.de/img/mobile.197dgisr.jpeg
https://abload.de/img/mobile.199zmcog.jpeg

57 minutes ago, TK21698 said:

Thank you sir.

For the AB/Kidney rivets I'll need you to take the photo of both pieces togheter please.  try the direct link option to post the photo and not the link.  thanks :salute:

Example   

SVKfVWh.jpg

vor 6 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Thank you sir.

For the AB/Kidney rivets I'll need you to take the photo of both pieces togheter please.  try the direct link option to post the photo and not the link.  thanks :salute:

Example   

SVKfVWh.jpg

mobile.207wlifw.jpeg

mobile.205abdt8.jpeg

mobile.204vlfe8.jpeg

mobile.202ouddz.jpeg

mobile.196lcdtu.jpeg

mobile.195s7cir.jpeg

mobile.194emi7d.jpeg

mobile.2009ndf6.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Christian , and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Starting from top.

We suggest a little more trimming to the upper section of the eyes to keep the menacing sight of the Stromtrooper all people loves

CRVbBdN.jpg   

Reference  Images

VAXEMwm.jpg   yLkdGyV.jpg  nFEO0e3.jpg?2

This is an easy fix with a screw driver just to twist a bit the ear screws on both sides to get them more flush.

Reference Images

H7bJJWK.jpg     o4Z5ssN.jpg        NzFje3J.jpg      QazAida.jpg   BvDNSBg.jpg

This is something we suggest only for trooping reasons , not for screen accuracy. Most troopers add some sort of black cloth or mesh behind the helmet teeth in order to prevent people at troops from seeing our faces as stated in the CRL . This is a suggestion to preserve that movie magic everybody loves.

Reference Images

IAVnpGX.jpg                          YciTrxD.jpg?2

The posterior (butt) plate is  over-riding the bottom of the kidney.  I would highly suggest using  the V-tabs method  (shown below) to correct this.  It really does work !. 

Reference Images

l4x9lHH.jpg             JCAh6jr.jpg    hVYiPXT.jpg   uJgGjJk.jpg

V Tabs Method

A suggested and practical  solution is to add a couple of "V tabs" made from ABS .With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q4cKwUF.jpg        trUoRxC.jpg        vewlgSP.jpg 

For more accuracy, we suggest to move a little the location of the  rivets of your Snipper knee .

Reference Images

ECVbCiO.jpg    Eucz5tN.jpg                        xwWk4He.jpg?1  

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for our highest tier of approval.  Because Centurion photos must show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Level 3 might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we are able to clearly see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

CRL L3: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

This looks like a simple strapping issue.  Shortening  a little more  the shoulder strap and  reduce the gap. Another trick here is to remove the Shoulder Bell's  return edge to allow them to sit close the chest armor.

Reference Images

mHzxIoN.jpg   dm0GIMM.jpg?2  74r31tu.jpg?2

CRL L3: The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

Your shoulder straps are misaligned, and ideally they should sit within the boundaries of the back tabs and be held down by the white elastic. 

Reference Images

InW811V.jpg   mkTl8Nm.png?3   gqtHZ4o.jpg

CRL L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top. A single visible seam line is present.

You did a great job adding the shims to your kidney armor , now it's just and additional step to make the seam lines invisibles by adding some ABS paste and sand and polish them .

aQj82uV.jpg  InmULMR.jpg

Reference Images

zerv2hM.jpg?1    ZTFiJIf.jpg?1    ieF7xdu.jpg?1

And that's all Trooper, Welcome to EIB and we are confident that you will do the required fixes to go the next step to Centurion !  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 2

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK21698 - Requesting ANH Stormtrooper Stunt EIB status [Troopermaster] 1068