TLJ Style Captain Cardinal Helmet? New Release from Denuo Novo

TheRascalKing

wP2hx6P.jpg

Hmmmmm... yet ANOTHER Licensed Star Wars product depicting Captain Cardinal as a TLJ-era set of armor.

Is it a disappointing miss in accuracy?

Or at what point do we accept that either a TFA or TLJ variant may be acceptable?

Disney/LucasFilm has now signed off a TLJ version at least...

Once...

DtBPJx1.jpg

Twice...

RQ1DSzC.jpg

And now three times with Denuo Novo, who also makes a TFA helmet and could have easily loaded red plastic into that mold. Technically more than that as well, as both the art and products were likely approved separately. If this was a garage maker, it would not matter, but these same boxes sport the Disney logo and therefore I think merit inclusion in the discussion, especially with so few other canon visual references for this character.

To my limited knowledge, the only other contrary visual reference material is from the Phasma book jacket that shows TFA style... (Curious if that was a computer generated image or what...)

DIBdxfcW0AIK6U2.jpg

I'd love to hear people's thoughts and if a TLJ variant should be developed!

I just want to see this costume approved, man...

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 2

Looks like they have Frankensteined this helmet, it has both TFA and TLJ elements

DN Cardinal - wide side mesh like TFA but TLJ teeth and smaller clips/recesses

dn36476__2_720x.jpg?v=1684531394

DN TFA - large side mesh - even larger than Anovos

dn36424__2_720x.jpg?v=1673295158

DN TLJ - angled mesh area towards the front and teeth

DN36429__2_720x.jpg?v=1674583414

TLJ Anovos angled mesh towards front and teeth and smaller clips/recesses

c4b262de-e109-4edb-92c5-36651abe3ce3.jpg

TFA Anovos

e509ca5f-33de-4c17-98ec-d76637c2d286.jpg

It's not even a combinations of both DN helmets, the mesh corner and nose plate positions and widths don't match the DN TFA or TLJ helmets, perhaps they remoulded or used old Anovos.

The closest match on the side mesh would be the Cardinal with TFA Anovos, doesn't match the TFA from DN which is really weird.

DNHELM.thumb.png.313d7283b4388cc38d01903e53240793.png

My thoughts, Cardinal was pre TLJ so really should be wearing TFA but that really comes down to our DL and the LMO's

frank.png.52975ff1346a4453f0f9139a13043f89.png

• Like 3

I think it's challenging to compare directly when the stock photos are at slightly different angles, but I can't imagine them developing a new mold for this variant helmet.....

Good Lord, why cant they just make up their minds and stick to the original time lines!!

To the average cos player it probably makes no difference but to Legion where we do our darnedest to follow  the movise and time lines as depicted by the artists and writers, this is just a headache.

• Like 2

DN and Hasbro are just in it for money, and Disney is happy to sit back and let them screw things up so they can take their cut.

I'm with Andrew on this, I've read the books with Cardinal, CD-0922, Archex, or whatever you call him, and it is TFA era. The description from the book is stormtrooper armor, but red and he had a cape. Other references say that the armor was gifted to him by Brendol Hux which again put his armor in TFA period. Honestly I don't care, I just want this CRL built so I can make one. I think he is a character that deserves more attention and to be put in a movie or series.

• Like 3

Sounds good Dustin.

The CRL wiki document is ready, we just need to hash out the descriptive text and of course the all important photos.

based off the TFA TK most of that text will remain, with the obvious additions to transform it into Cardinal.

3 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Sounds good Dustin.

The CRL wiki document is ready, we just need to hash out the descriptive text and of course the all important photos.

based off the TFA TK most of that text will remain, with the obvious additions to transform it into Cardinal.

Where do I find the wiki? On pathfinders when I did the mountain trooper we just did everything on the forum I'm probably just tired and missing something obvious

We are the same, everything is done on the forums, them we refine it and the wiki is created from that.

Legion limits access to wiki origin docs so you cant have multiple people longed in to the one doc and editing at the same time. in that case someones work doesn't get saved or is erased.

Me announcing the Wiki document is set up, is making everyone aware i have the back end part of CRL construction ready to go and add info and the most important images required to make it all a reality.

Generally we either have a member who is working on the costume start creating or modifying an exiting CRL text which is common here with many of our costumes very much the same. It boils down to creating language for the differences like colour, capes, weapons etc. They do this in theri thread and we all work together on getting it right.

The other is we already have a research thread running and we work to bring the CRL together in that thread.

Cardinal is of TFA era so we have a TFA CRL as the base to work off.

This particular thread is just pointing out the new DN helmet and how we are kinda disappointed that they don't follow timelines correctly. Yeah we are all geeks and that sets off our OCD lol.

In cardinals instance we also have a thread that's been running since 2017, so no need to create another discussion thread for the CRL just add anything you need or wish to discuss in the thread i have linked below.

Much easier to have everything we need in one place.

Hope this is of help to you Dustin :)

• 3 weeks later...

Only request I’d add if it’s not already in the CRL as a note that “TLJ style helmets in red color will not be accepted as this character is a pre TLJ character”

That’s just my take if the decision is set that it should be TFA style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Or Disney actually make him a live action character and then we go with what is seen on screen.

We are still not 100% on what the boots look like, whether they have plates like Pharma's, or are just red FOTK boots.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2023 at 4:22 PM, FN1313 said:

Would be cool. Wish more characters were live action and not off of one off comics or things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah I say we do like the clones and make a mod for a video game than make a costume based off that mod

Nah I say we do like the clones and make a mod for a video game than make a costume based off that mod

Clones just need more hobbies. Seems they have too much time to make more CRLs lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk