Borrow a storm trooper uniform

Jay Donovan

I have a 3 year old grandson at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati with Medulloblastoma.  I have looked at a few places for a storm trooper outfit for use. He lives Star Wars and especially the storm troopers. I would love to walk in as one for his and other children's enjoyment.  Can you help make this happen.

Hello Jay, and thanks for finding us here! Can you share with us your location so that we can assist you in connecting with a local 501st unit in your area? I’m sure there will be troopers who would be honored to serve your family and grandson in a special way. You’ll be in my

thoughts and prayers.

Caleb

Hello again Jay,

First up below is a link to the Bluegrass Garrison webpage, which is the Garrison in Kentucky, followed by some contact information.

https://www.bluegrassgarrison.com/

charity@bluegrassgarrison.com

And here we have a link to the Ohio Garrison webpage.

https://www.ohio501st.com

Edited by MaskedVengeance

If you wanted to get dressed yourself there are cheap options for Stormtrooper costumes . In regards to borrowing someones own armor I doubt many would allow you to do this, these costumes can cost upwards of $2000.

Seeking troopers through your local garrison would be a better option

• Like 1

Glen makes a valid point, Jay, but perhaps some troopers can show up with you. If you use the “Request an Appearance” links on either Garrison webpage some troopers may jump at the opportunity. Later this evening I’ll also try to get some more email addresses for you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jay Donovan said:

Would it be possible to talk on the phone instead of messages 

Many/most don't have phone numbers listed in their contact info, once you are in touch with someone via email perhaps then you will be able to speak on phone ;) 

You can also request an appearance via the 501st website https://www.501st.com/request.php , this will be forwarded to the garrison 

Another thing you might consider is to ask that members here send him one of their personal trading cards.  Most of us have them and I'll bet many (myself included) would be happy to mail him one.  Might lift his spirits to be able to open the envelopes and collect them.  We have over 200 Garrisons/Squads/outposts worldwide, so you never know how many he would receive (or from where)!

As Stormtroopers we have a tough plastic shell, but when it comes to kids that are ill we are all soft on the inside.  I think I can speak for us all when I say that we wish your grandson (and your family) all the best on this difficult journey.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Another thing you might consider is to ask that members here send him one of their personal trading cards.  Most of us have them and I'll bet many (myself included) would be happy to mail him one.  Might lift his spirits to be able to open the envelopes and collect them.  We have over 200 Garrisons/Squads/outposts worldwide, so you never know how many he would receive (or from where)!

As Stormtroopers we have a tough plastic shell, but when it comes to kids that are ill we are all soft on the inside.  I think I can speak for us all when I say that we wish your grandson (and your family) all the best on this difficult journey.

I along with others would gladly send him trading cards along with a patch or something along that line. Most of us have "Stormtrooper voice boxes" and could send a personalized message as well.  

• Like 1

I am from the Ohio Garrison, unfortunitly I am in the Cleveland area, but let me reach out to the group and see if we do something.  Most likely it would not be to borrow armor, but might be able to arrange a visit.  

Edited by Armor9
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

"He loves watching Episode XII and the storm troopers." pretty sure the roman numerals are wrong, that would be 12 and we don't have one yet. If you mean 7 The Force Awakens that would be first order Stormtroopers

You can get this type of soft costume quite cheaply at most party/halloween stores, or check online, there's also the original trilogy version too

810672_800x.jpg?v=1539852023

If you are looking for more realistic DN do sell kits https://www.denuonovo.com/products/star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-standard-kit

There are other sellers listed in this thread 

It's not a cheap hobby and I can't see anyone donating a full set of armor.

Glad you made it here after our chat Jay, like i mentioned, we have plenty of members and staff here to help you.

Glad it looks like you are also now in contact with a local unit, i have no doubt they will do their best to organise and assist you where they can.

Welcome to the FISD forums sir.