Trooper armour colour change

Sean Slim

Hi Sean! There are several products and techniques that troopers use, and below is a list of some of them.

Armor Yellowing

Yellowing Preventative Measures by Brandon

Make Aged ABS White Again by dashrazor

Reversing UV Damage on TK ABS (external)

Trooperbay Whitening Gel (external)

Additional Yellowing Discussion and Resources

Combat holster staining thigh armor: suttontech post & Daetrin post

I hope this helps!!

• Like 2

I recently found that my helmet had discoloured after 10 years of trooping, it's been on a shelf for the last 2 years because of Covid. So I remembered reading about Retr0bright, purchased all the ingredients and gave it a go. After applying a coat to the yellow areas I placed outside, in the sun on a mid 20's (deg C) afternoon for 2 hours and WOW could not believe my eyes, after washing off what was left of the mixture I was left with a pristine helmet once again.

I can definitely recommend this stuff Retr0bright (FYI) I used the second mix mentioned Lorne's Variant Recipe ;) 

• Like 2

I did the paste thing and it didn’t work, I think it’s a hit or miss, I ended up painting my entire armour because there were different shades of yellowing. Surprisingly the paint job turned out pretty good. In saying that one of the forearms turned back to its original colour of bright white.

I need to use something for my Anovos Hero armor and was thinking about the retrobright.  One thing I read a while back was that it helps to wrap a single layer of clear cling-film around each piece before putting it out in the sun to keep the mixture from drying out.  Makes sense, but has anyone tried this?

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

I need to use something for my Anovos Hero armor and was thinking about the retrobright.  One thing I read a while back was that it helps to wrap a single layer of clear cling-film around each piece before putting it out in the sun to keep the mixture from drying out.  Makes sense, but has anyone tried this?

I didn't add any cling wrap, being a cool afternoon it didn't dry fully so was quite easy to wash off.

It does mention plastic wrap in this tutorial https://retroplay.me/retrobright-tutorials/

My armor and helmet (ATA) are now turning yellow. I tried oxymilk (bleach liquid for hair) exposed to UV light or UV sun to make it white again, but unfortunately, it only lasted for a moment, after a few days it turned yellow again.

I think the best solution in my opinion is to spray white paint all at once.

Edited by swibowoj