Dblcross's 5.0 AM Build Thread

dblcross

5 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Great work with your helmet , and great paint job with that vocoder sir.

You can improve the teeth paint job by refining the edges as the crl  states: Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.    

9hqPMez.jpg

6kJJFaV.jpg

Some reference Images

7kDxvC1.jpg    jK7gume.jpg

I1lhUgG.jpg

:salute:

Hopefully, this looks better. GWFivTc.jpgnZSz0aP.jpgXbe5H24.jpg

• Like 3

Hopefully, this looks better. GWFivTc.jpgnZSz0aP.jpgXbe5H24.jpg

Only thing I’d recommend is don’t paint the white bet between the teeth in the corners at that point where there’s no cut out area it’s just grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I bought an $8 hardhat from Home Depot, brought it home and cut it to pieces with the dremel for the helmet liner.alaHhWA.jpg  Added some Velco and installed it in my lid.kq7K3cG.jpgl1RjAyK.jpg. Next I'll knock the lenses  and frow mesh out

Lenses were pretty simple thanks to @justjoseph63 Tutorial 

It,s funny because I didn't have enough black to do both lenses but I'm not letting that slow me down! There's always black paint later.1S3uS9Z.jpgyD1wrHG.jpgRUJhwrd.jpg1KqJZTN.jpg And the frown mesh attached with double sided gorilla tape.2wbC4yZ.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BallpointZen said:

In your helmet interior pics it looks black. Did you plasti-dip it or have Dave do his flex seal treatment?

It's flex seal I got from Home Depot.

Looking good, Terry! And to address the comment about the paint gap near the two ends of your frown/teeth, yes, there were actually gaps on the screen-used suits. I can't quite tell, but it looks like you may have painted over the grey paint with white (which might be acceptable), whereas most builders would just leave a gap in the paint between the two grey areas. Here are the full images that Mario previously shared crops of, from the FISD Gallery.

gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg      gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Looking good, Terry! And to address the comment about the paint gap near the two ends of your frown/teeth, yes, there were actually gaps on the screen-used suits. I can't quite tell, but it looks like you may have painted over the grey paint with white (which might be acceptable), whereas most builders would just leave a gap in the paint between the two grey areas. Here are the full images that Mario previously shared crops of, from the FISD Gallery.

gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg      gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

I actually didn't paint the gap. I used mineral spirits to clean the gap out!

4 hours ago, dblcross said:

I actually didn't paint the gap. I used mineral spirits to clean the gap out!

Good to know. Just knowing what I’d look for as a GML it would have stuck out like when comparing to references.

The only thing left to do on my lid is the right ear that I trimmed too much off of. I've got a new one coming from DDD. I got the electronics installed after 3 hours of moving components around. I ended up taking out my hard hat liner to make room for @ukswrath sound system and hearing assist. There was no way me, my glasses, and Tony's gear would occupy the same space (my wife says I've got a big head).6YqNTs2.jpgfEkG19N.jpg Just waiting on my fans to show up. So now I'm moving on to the important stuff! Rough trimming and first fitting of the arms and shoulder bells. PzPcqa8.jpg I'm more nervous about this than the helmet! @justjoseph63 hopefully will be impressed with the lack of return edge on the wrist! Man, this AM armor really is for the bigger guys! So much extra to cut off.TV0EgQU.jpgdshLwJP.jpg. I'll start fitting the biceps first. Hr6uLKs.jpgL88to65.jpg

Looks fine, just take care not to make pieces too small, I have really thin arms and legs and if I trimmed to fit they would look too small and weird compared to the rest of the armor, I have small pieces of foam in some areas.

Some references 

sml_gallery_12157_59_157947.jpg sml_gallery_12157_59_18048.jpg

• Like 1

Question. Do I trim this piece at the red line?Cy57zVP.jpg Also, I think I'm supposed to cut these two pieces centered right here? ZASz1Ww.jpg

I do believe you want to find the center line and then mark equal distances to the sides on both pieces that would indicate the cover strip. This way when you cut you are only cutting what is necessary beyond the middle line so that you can use the cover strip to line up along that middle line.

^Not exactly that. I highly recommend checking out this build thread. Ukswrath does an excellent job detailing how.
Ukswrath's AM 1.0 build
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=44557&share_tid=31920&url=https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/31920-Ukswrath%27s-AM-1%2E0-build&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"@justjoseph63 hopefully will be impressed with the lack of return edge on the wrist! Man, this AM armor really is for the bigger guys! So much extra to cut off".

Impressed I am!  Looking awesome, Terry.  One thing to consider is taking a bit more off of this area:

f8YPCCe.jpg

The reason I mention that is because we spend a lot of time with our arms bent while holding a blaster.  If it's even a little tight in that area it will start to chafe/cut into your actual bicep.  Ouch.  ;)

• Like 2

https://imgur.com/a/2EMXJhz is this the right orientation for the shoulder bells? (a) being right side, (B) being the left. Also, I apologize if this picture came up as a link. I'm still having issues with imgur being able to find the bbc code while using my phone. Normally, I upload photos from my phone and then use my desktop and have no issues.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

https://imgur.com/a/2EMXJhz is this the right orientation for the shoulder bells? (a) being right side, (default_cool.png being the left. Also, I apologize if this picture came up as a link. I'm still having issues with imgur being able to find the bbc code while using my phone. Normally, I upload photos from my phone and then use my desktop and have no issues.

Hah! "(B) side being left." No idea why it turned into an emoji!

1 hour ago, dblcross said:

https://imgur.com/a/2EMXJhz is this the right orientation for the shoulder bells? (a) being right side, (B) being the left. Also, I apologize if this picture came up as a link. I'm still having issues with imgur being able to find the bbc code while using my phone. Normally, I upload photos from my phone and then use my desktop and have no issues.

Hi, It could be my eyes or light effect but they looks the same to me. So you can use them either side.

GiNBUlK.jpg

Some armor makers Shoulder bells have a slight curve to the front.  

aFpxjXg.jpg      EMkno5D.jpg

Hi, It could be my eyes or light effect but they looks the same to me. So you can use them either side.
GiNBUlK.jpg

The last picture helps. One side of the bell is bigger.

• Like 1

GiNBUlK.jpg

Thank you.

• Like 1