Nick´s ANH Stunt TK | Centurion Build WIP

I'm sure that the fine folks in the German Garrison will have many possible blaster solutions! As you continue to progress through you helmet trimming build, just remember that you can always re-trim, so be conservative with your cuts. This will be most relevant as you work on your ears!

• Like 1

Regarding the E-11:

Well after a long day of reading the German Garrisons experiences with E-11 imports I´m back to where I started. Importing a fully build one is certainly going to get confiscated by customs or will result in even worse garbage.... So if I want to be approved for Centurion I will have to build one myself. As posted before 3D-printing one myself (or by a friend) isn´t an option. I heard about different suppliers for self building kits which I´m currently looking into.

I will keep you updated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nick the Trooper said:

Regarding the E-11:

Well after a long day of reading the German Garrisons experiences with E-11 imports I´m back to where I started. Importing a fully build one is certainly going to get confiscated by customs or will result in even worse garbage.... So if I want to be approved for Centurion I will have to build one myself. As posted before 3D-printing one myself (or by a friend) isn´t an option. I heard about different suppliers for self building kits which I´m currently looking into.

I will keep you updated.

Good luck Nick ! :salute:

Day 5:

Today I riveted the Helmet together:

ahWnOvL.jpg

1rVHbbR.jpg

0MkxI83.jpg

I personally think it´s quite good. Everything is asymmetrical as it should be I believe. Hopefully you agree:smiley-sw013:;).

I will start building the Ears this evening. (Hopefully at least)

And of course: Thank you everyone for the time you invest in helping me. I appreciate it!:wub:

• Like 2

Day 6:

AHHHHH..... the Ears I hate them!:6:

VhwbUkV.jpg

W75ZCpq.jpg

T0q2tyD.jpg

I don´t know if I can salvage this damn thing or if I need to start over... I´m really frustrated right know.  The good thing is that as soon as I put in the screws and tighten them everything will move a bit closer.

Some of the screen used helmets show a gap which is relatively similar to the one I have right now. I don´t want a 100% perfectly clean TK, I want one which could also be used on screen, so maybe my current ear is good enough. :wacko:

Edited by Nick the Trooper

Ears look fine to me, I would put the screws in and see how that affect things, as you say it will help pull things together. Take that pic from a few feet away as you are looking at someones elses TK and not your own and I’m sure you will feel more pleased with your work:) From a little distance those minor gaps will look more like shadows around the ears:duim:

While I’m at it, perhaps you plan to revisit the eyes but if not, I would be inclined to trim them some more:salute:

5Pm61cG.jpg

0UcOC8J.jpg

• Like 3

The ears... perhaps the most frustrating part of any OT build.  BUT, as Daniel mentioned they look fine.  Gaps are expected and perfection is not a requirement... it's part of the charm of OT buckets, and as you said they will tighten up when you screw them in.  Once you get them attached we can help if you need any adjustments.

ruirfhK.jpg?1  aQ8KGV6.jpg?1  OiyZZ4p.jpg?1

• Like 1

Day 7:

Today I finished the ears on both sides an put in the S-shaped Neck trim.

DCPuNty.jpg

7LdGQvu.jpg

y2SIp2D.jpg

6gIN3ff.jpg

mtDgqtS.jpg

I´m quite pleased with how they turned out. Not perfect but the way I like them.

Regarding the eyes: I put in the green lenses (Magnets for the moment) and honestly I´m quite happy with the trimming. Maybe a little bit more on the left Eyes right site. 

PbIl8h1.jpg

w8y2nig.jpg

Painting will be started probably this evening.:smiley-sw013::duim:

• Like 3

Day 8:

Today I started painting. I did two coats on every thing except the two traps on the front. I´m not quite sure about the teeth on the left and right sides (if a picture is needed I will upload one asap). I know that not everything is straight but I do believe that with the black added everything will look nice and neat. On the time of writing this the second coat is just 5 min. old so the full effect isn´t quite there.

uhgRanB.jpg

fKm6wL0.jpg

5gEzvxC.jpg

Zj7KMoi.jpg

yJe1mLj.jpg

The 360° view Joseph requested is satisfied I believe :D 

Looking good Nick. I would add to what Glen pointed on the Teeth paint to be perfect is to clean a bit some paint excess .

YFJfF72.jpg

References 

7kDxvC1.jpg   jK7gume.jpg   I1lhUgG.jpg

Almost there ! 

Day 9:

So today I added a few details and added a second coat to some of the gray parts.

7twXQdv.jpg

SxaMded.jpg 

fgqKXNQ.jpg

I´m not quite sure about the ears, maybe they are a bit too much. Regarding the tube strips I planning to add 15 on each side, I will also add 11 on the back traps and 8 on the checks.

Is this the right amount or do I need to change them?   

26 minutes ago, Nick the Trooper said:

I´m not quite sure about the ears, maybe they are a bit too much.

Hi Nick, painting sessions are not my favorites , but it looks you're in the right path. I would suggest to remove a little on the borders. 

7QOmHyK.jpg?2   cuN6yq7.jpg?2

References

0P2cuWu.jpg?1  NEi0Gs3.jpg?1  FDsOq1x.jpg    NAXQRNf.jpg    

And some references for the tube strips and the back traps and 8 on the checks.

take note of the CRL L2 requirement

-Ideally, the tube stripes are positioned approximately a pencil width from the side of the cheek.
-Fall of tube stripe tops ideally lean toward the front.

5wKJrsD.jpg?1  Dun3H1F.jpg?1        JCQizgn.jpg?1

12 -13 lines

FtwRvLW.jpg?1   KcCysXZ.jpg?1  0oj0Nn4.jpg?1   l6QOLDP.jpg

7 - 8 lines

kMMI6Qv.png?1   slzWbXf.jpg?1   zeMVzYY.jpg

• Like 4

Day 10:

Hello everyone! 

Today I started working on the upper body because panting just frustrates me (I have problems putting in the details in black).:6:

But there are quite a few areas in which I´m just unsure how fare I should cut (how big the return edge should be). The pencil lines are my best guess (about 3-4 mm everywhere). I read the HOWTO from Joseph but didn´t really found the areas that stress me. I really hope everything can be identified and is clear enough marked. Otherwise I will of course post new pictures. 

YLXKSoK.jpg

zvRb7tt.jpg

oLvcNH7.jpg

DUIoPvA.jpg

oexdjM0.jpg

3 hours ago, Nick the Trooper said:

Day 10:

Hello everyone! 

Today I started working on the upper body because panting just frustrates me (I have problems putting in the details in black).:6:

But there are quite a few areas in which I´m just unsure how fare I should cut (how big the return edge should be). The pencil lines are my best guess (about 3-4 mm everywhere). I read the HOWTO from Joseph but didn´t really found the areas that stress me. I really hope everything can be identified and is clear enough marked. Otherwise I will of course post new pictures. 

YLXKSoK.jpg

zvRb7tt.jpg

oLvcNH7.jpg

DUIoPvA.jpg

oexdjM0.jpg

Hi Nick. The lines you marked looks good IMO. 

But If it was me, I would delay the AB section trimming,   I'd wait until I'm sure theres no gap  between the abdomen and kidney armor as it's a Centurion Level requirement. 

CRL L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

JvZC3Mu.jpg?1

References

ZTFiJIf.jpg?1    9Ktw7FD.jpg?1   1rV9hwu.jpg?1

Return Edge 

kE47y4q.jpg   RcLW3Gj.jpg

zrQSBA3.jpg

kDgpyzD.jpg

UvrHSK8.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Nick. The lines you marked looks good IMO. 

But If it was me, I would delay the AB section trimming,   I'd wait until I'm sure theres no gap  between the abdomen and kidney armor as it's a Centurion Level requirement. 

CRL L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

You beat me to it, Mario!

• Like 2

Day 11:

So for the first half of the Day I decided to clean the return edges as mentioned above and to start drilling holes for the strapping system.

1njJEzJ.jpg

8ObHT8C.jpg

While doing so I noticed that the return edge on the bottom of the chest needs to be trimmed a bit more. After Lunch I will start putting holes in the ab section and attaching the two. The goal is to have a wearable upper body this evening.:smiley-sw013:

Hello Nick. You are doing a great job!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I recommend you to sand these small "jumps", as my experience tells me that these are areas where "cracks" can appear..:wacko:

1njJEzJ-crop.jpg.36e4fd351254fe66c60a9635bcf0bdf8.jpg

• Like 2

Nice progress, sir!  If I could make a few suggestions:

1.  I would allow a little more room on the outside of the screws.  As seen in the reference image, the original mounting holes were too close to the edge and a few pulled through so they had to put them on the outside.  Not the best of looks, lol.  Some folks glue a small ABS shim on the inside for extra strength (second pic, bottom) but that's up to you.

2.  Make sure that the line (shown in blue) is perfectly smooth, especially on the curved area(s).

Keep those photos rolling in!

0IOrQyc.jpg      6BcjLyS.jpg   JlOgpn0.jpg

• Like 1