KJ Build thread? Walt's Trooper Factory Kit

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

An old trick was to drill a hole where it will not be seen (under a clip or control panel) then use compressed air in the hole and one cap should pop off, then you have access to knock the other cap off. 

Adding to this idea. Drill a small hole where the TD clip screws will be mounted. Then you're not really doing any damage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Adding to this idea. Drill a small hole where the TD clip screws will be mounted. Then you're not really doing any damage

You know I was going to add that but couldn't see any clips on his TD images ;) 

7 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You know I was going to add that but couldn't see any clips on his TD images ;) 

:laugh1: I figured it was coming

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 6:20 PM, Sly11 said:

You can use the boiling water method to try and loosen up the end caps.

Boil the kettle, pour water into a pot, immerse one end cap into the water approx 3/4 of it width into the water holding it vertically. Keep it there for a minute, so the plastic can heat and soften a little, then try and wiggle or screw that end off.

The aim is to get the ABS to soften as it will slightly expand.

I think once you get one end off, the other will be much easier as you can access it from the inside and gently tap it off.

Use a broom handle slide the TD over the top and tap it against the top of the broom stick, it should come off no problem, just take it nice and easy.

The TD endcaps were successfully removed!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MSF Productions said:

The TD endcaps were successfully removed!

How did you end up getting them to come off?

58 minutes ago, dblcross said:

I could be wrong but It looks like your chest plate needs to come down and overlap the ab plate slightly.3Tw5y04.jpg Heres a picture of mine. YAV3lCM.jpg

I haven't taken any new photos but I fixed that, one of my garrison members called it out, easiest fix 

• Like 1

I will join the others here in noting to feel free to keep asking questions and posting updates! I (as many of us here) certainly enjoy reading the build threads of others!

Although I built a shock trooper, the kit I used was a Walt's Trooper Factory ANH kit that I then modified, so I have familiarity with the specific make of this kit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tilheyra said:

I will join the others here in noting to feel free to keep asking questions and posting updates! I (as many of us here) certainly enjoy reading the build threads of others!

Although I built a shock trooper, the kit I used was a Walt's Trooper Factory ANH kit that I then modified, so I have familiarity with the specific make of this kit. 

And that's some good help. He's got an awesome kit Kody.

• Like 1

Had to throw almost everything on

I was amazed I was able to put almost everything on without assistance.

The clanking of the plastic when moving around was very pleasing.

To do

-Helmet- wearing a placeholder helmet until I get my actual helmet finished, I'm going to get some help on that

-Belt assembly

-Thigh ammo belt

-the ab plate boxes

-any and all quality of life tweaks that need to be done leading up to submitting, getting help from local Garrison members as I make my way there

zwZPwB9.jpg

lHg5dP3.jpg

yH0u4Xq.jpg

u9yskC0.jpg

wRDhAGE.jpg

ZB84vo1.jpg

FcBJgBG.jpg

7DfnjKb.jpg

• Like 1

It is always amazing putting on the full armor for the first time!

On 1/20/2024 at 12:55 AM, MSF Productions said:

To do

-Helmet- wearing a placeholder helmet until I get my actual helmet finished, I'm going to get some help on that

-Belt assembly

-Thigh ammo belt

-the ab plate boxes

-any and all quality of life tweaks that need to be done leading up to submitting, getting help from local Garrison members as I make my way there

Were you able to address the issue with the cover strips on the front of the thighs with your GML? I recall a discussion earlier in the thread concerning the width of these cover strips and distance between the raised ridges on the front of the thighs. If there is an issue, it is certainly easier to make changes before you attach the thigh ammo belt. 

On 1/20/2024 at 1:55 PM, MSF Productions said:

Had to throw almost everything on

I was amazed I was able to put almost everything on without assistance.

The clanking of the plastic when moving around was very pleasing.

To do

-Belt assembly

-Thigh ammo belt

-the ab plate boxes

u9yskC0.jpg

\

You may want to add some side shims to reduce the gaps between the abdomen and kidney (although this is for higher levels)

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide.
    • Any shims used to achieve this effect are of a similar material and color as the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims fit flush and seams are allowed.

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You may want to add some side shims to reduce the gaps between the abdomen and kidney

+1 to this. Walts armor is VERRRY small and a good 95% of troopers need to add side shims. The molds seem to be made for the most petite troopers.