KJ Build thread? Walt's Trooper Factory Kit

I have no idea what I'm doing!  So I'll start off by the first post here as a photo dump of my kit from Walt's Trooper Factory.  

I've done some trimming on a good chunk of the armor + all of the soft parts on hand.  The ANH E-11 holster more or less commits me to an ANH build.  Feel free to guide or correct me in my forum-ing.  I've been conditioned to MMCC threading.  I'm now learning how to use these forums like a normal person now.  Praying that the imgur link format for forums is consistent here.  I've had these parts on hand since like the summer of 2017?  I've been too scared of messing something up and being basically stuck and probably being locked on the off chance of making a critical error in trimming and sizing.

yFunV9e.jpg

cIGLmKo.jpg

ddqWp8W.jpg

yFI5zNS.jpg

6a8M98I.jpg

1WA0uNf.jpg

xE797hd.jpg

A2mLHu3.jpg

fbCMOYx.jpg

pcEb6mN.jpg

HlkdrAo.jpg

3Wz9oJq.jpg

Dw9EHxA.jpg

7fPDQ4h.jpg

0qCxKvg.jpg

TvVXrM7.jpg

56SyIKV.jpg

PdDFpgk.jpg

Wrsb4Zx.jpg

CCtK2GA.jpg

Sgy7Foi.jpg

gmzvOhH.jpg

FEVs2Cs.jpg

wGaf4V5.jpg

AvtXRbU.jpg

Xx83Xfu.jpg

8kz1uml.jpg

W2NYulv.jpg

ndUJq0h.jpg

CvYETfP.jpg

W76ENvM.jpg

7q5V3mH.jpg

PWzQTdq.jpg

ZUdpcKP.jpg

jSM1URj.jpg

fREuhQx.jpg

EKtJsqK.jpg

3Ogushv.jpg

kAVA6eA.jpg

UeL3QIx.jpg

L0bfMlr.jpg

rBpA08f.jpg

WaK4UPO.jpg

nKizgyo.jpg

JxWUleA.jpg

wJZTBfP.jpg

EmYtdCj.jpg

ArWxDsY.jpg

KOTCeD4.jpg

RIcGLFw.jpg

vqC5Bzo.jpg

wp5rmmF.jpg

MHZSZ85.jpg

6s3clQg.jpg

mDOSg9M.jpg

trTIQ8e.jpg

BZKv95V.jpg

NOkRcp9.jpg

MWEm1UK.jpg

76nn1LU.jpg

XiUdrg3.jpg

keEI9tZ.jpg

IobRd7f.jpg

9OGAanZ.jpg

Ux321z0.jpg

7nV7HXk.jpg

RwZSb0X.jpg

5HZFd5R.jpg

seNV7Jl.jpg

sOxLR6h.jpg

HcV394I.jpg

7FGnoeH.jpg

Sk4Mgr2.jpg

Q6TpNmc.jpg

o54XlMh.jpg

MEUo7GM.jpg

SEviL5n.jpg

um6qkr8.jpg

jitANXZ.jpg

6JiJfTd.jpg

OJDeSFr.jpg

uusC6p9.jpg

fosXb16.jpg

TOV9EZJ.jpg

74GPbYj.jpg

QO1ucgL.jpg

Juael3l.jpg

T5BAxMU.jpg

Y5thXj8.jpg

eagQvRu.jpg

QGT87XK.jpg

SNrXeNX.jpg

3lTi11W.jpg

fZAcHU9.jpg

vtTZRdT.jpg

2WW3DDi.jpg

uWl8i4v.jpg

• Like 1

Hello and welcome

Guide to building / details

Here is a great thread on return edges / trimming

When in doubt check out the Gallery Sections 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/

Good luck with the build 

• Like 1

Hi Kody , welcome to FISD. you're doing the correct steps. post photos, ask first , measure twice and cut just once.

We are here to help.

Another useful source of tips for your build are some YouTube videos

I can recommend you this channel  and this useful INDEX OF RESOURCES

Good luck and looking forward for your advances.  :salute:

• Like 1

Hello there Kody! Great to hear you're endeavoring to continue your build! All the links that Glen and Mario provided are excellent resources and should serve you well! That last index thread that Mario mentioned is one I compiled and towards the bottom I include links to build threads of various armor types, including WTF. You may find it helpful to review the build of people with the same armor kit as you since every type has their unique quirks. =)

Asking lots of questions will also be very useful to you, and lots of troopers will be around to provide guidance! And btw, I'm jealous of your SW CO location; tons of outdoors stuff to do there and in the nearby adjacent states!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

A question that's about a whole year later.

I've done minimal stuff on my TK because trimming parts is weirdly nerve-racking.  It's all just staring at my menacingly!

I do have a question.

I'm re-reading the ANH Stunt TK CRL like crazy, I have the correct(?) rubber/latex gloves for that level 3 level approval- the issue is the first time I tried them on, I had a reaction to them,  a stinging sensation a bit after I took the gloves off.  If I can't commit to those gloves, does that essentially bar me from the Lvl 3 approval?

There may be a hypoallergenic chemical glove option or I think I recall seeing some that were lined on the inside. 
you could also try wearing another glove underneath to avoid contact with the glove material. 

The next questions i have is related to the hand guards being flexible and bubble lenses for that Lvl 3 certification.  I'm currently lookin around with google and these seemed promising.  They're on Trooperbay's Etsy.  He is who I purchased the gloves from too.

Flexible hand guards

https://www.etsy.com/listing/493336824/stormtrooper-shadowtrooper-flexible-hand?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=stormtrooper+hand+guards&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

Bubble lenses, which also have a dark green color option

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1354624918/dark-smoke-grey-or-green-bubble-lenses?click_key=ae89c843436573c62b9d9f0e39cab25095910999%3A1354624918&click_sum=edd7a03c&ga_search_query=bubble&ref=shop_items_search_1&variation0=3098160573

5 hours ago, MSF Productions said:

The next questions i have is related to the hand guards being flexible and bubble lenses for that Lvl 3 certification.  I'm currently lookin around with google and these seemed promising.  They're on Trooperbay's Etsy.  He is who I purchased the gloves from too.

Flexible hand guards

https://www.etsy.com/listing/493336824/stormtrooper-shadowtrooper-flexible-hand?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=stormtrooper+hand+guards&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

Bubble lenses, which also have a dark green color option

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1354624918/dark-smoke-grey-or-green-bubble-lenses?click_key=ae89c843436573c62b9d9f0e39cab25095910999%3A1354624918&click_sum=edd7a03c&ga_search_query=bubble&ref=shop_items_search_1&variation0=3098160573

We do have a member here that sells handguards 

Bubble lenses are a Level 2 requirement and only for Hero version, are you building to Hero specs, appears your helmet is a stunt version, couldn't find info in your thread?

There are quite a few differences between Hero and Stunt, comparisons here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

Been in the process of printing the E-11

I'm still have to print a few the pieces that need to be printed, and will probably be reprinting the barrel because the front sight bit broke off.

Files are Sergey Kolesnik's and are also on Galactic Armory's web store since they're doing a pretty neat collaboration.

sVPODaz.jpgeBxHivY.jpg

17 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

We do have a member here that sells handguards 

Bubble lenses are a Level 2 requirement and only for Hero version, are you building to Hero specs, appears your helmet is a stunt version, couldn't find info in your thread?

There are quite a few differences between Hero and Stunt, comparisons here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

Just ordered from there a few minutes ago.  

ANH Stunt is what I'm going for and had to re-read that CRL again.  Sweet, no bubble lenses for me!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MSF Productions said:

Been in the process of printing the E-11

I'm still have to print a few the pieces that need to be printed, and will probably be reprinting the barrel because the front sight bit broke off.

Files are Sergey Kolesnik's and are also on Galactic Armory's web store since they're doing a pretty neat collaboration.

I would advise making an aluminum rail for your scope to sit on, you can knock the blasters when trooping and it may catch and break.

And do as much prep work as you can to the printed surfaces to remove any lines, from the CRL:

For costumes with both blasters and accessories.

• 3D printed blasters and any approvable accessories can not contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I would advise making an aluminum rail for your scope to sit on, you can knock the blasters when trooping and it may catch and break.

And do as much prep work as you can to the printed surfaces to remove any lines, from the CRL:

For costumes with both blasters and accessories.

• 3D printed blasters and any approvable accessories can not contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

Removing print lines from my props and costume pieces is a cake walk.

The aluminum rail part is a whole new thing to me- I currentlyhave zero experience with working with aluminum 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MSF Productions said:

Removing print lines from my props and costume pieces is a cake walk.

The aluminum rail part is a whole new thing to me- I currentlyhave zero experience with working with aluminum 

If you think it's strong enough then stick with it, it's more a just in case ;) 

It's not too hard to work with BUT you can't re-bend if you make a mistake as it can break quite easily.

Some templates and info for the rail here

• Like 1

Doing some return edge trimming and -gasp- tackling an armor piece?

Context?  I recently assembled two pairs of Clone forearms from ChrisThePropGuy- I don't think I'll post those since they're not TK related.  BUT, it's the fact that I assembled two sets of forearms without a second thought.  Now onto my TK, I think?

Currently diving back in by getting rid of return edges on one of my forearms.  I'm positive a little bit more needs to go, but would love to get some more eyes on it before I start trying to resize this forearm because the default sizing feels a little long for my 5ft 5inch frame.

i0xDJF9.jpgMd9ENlV.jpg

tzswnB4.jpg

RPDUa0g.jpg

This could be the year I actually bust this thing out.  

Some more return edge stuff during a zoom class

Forearms

Outer

emYSfB1.jpg

VD0eA3i.jpg

Inner

ZjOBqoo.jpg

jeYreaY.jpg

Biceps

Outer Top

eoSikyB.jpg

Outer lower I wasn't sure if to remove these on top of the other edges I've removed, but I was following the return edge guide.  It's a lot to digest, but we're getting somewhere.

AwT8YBt.jpg

Biceps

Inner upper

wYpmLQZ.jpg

Inner lower

DQB7A73.jpg

The arms is what I've been told to tackle first.  

• Like 1

More trimming and stuff

Back plate

k877gbO.jpg

cHXbVw9.jpg

Wg6UzYO.jpg

1B2D7q8.jpg

I think I hit the nail pretty good with these so far.  Next is just cleaning up the edges

Chest plate

1B2D7q8.jpg

Lps4c1O.jpg

4XxUmlG.jpg

Wtiw60t.jpg

I didn't do anything with this bottom lip of the chest plate.  How much more should I remove if any?  I was having trouble finding a definitive answer on what to do in this area when reading through here in the chest plate section.

Ab/groin

O61yjq7.jpg

rfrTKSp.jpg

k0Xvpfa.jpg

k6awtmc.jpg

Butt plate

OTn4d34.jpg

lG5Ku3f.jpg

PPx0reE.jpg

ox1vb6C.jpg

Kidney plate

eKCMJfq.jpg

6FXQBkH.jpg

Shoulder straps

0Q6zNmT.jpg

I got confident and am pretty sure I done goofed on the helmet.  

Definitely trimmed off a bit too much on the face plate edges where for where the ears would get bolted.  There's a real visible ugly gap.

Aside from the actual armor trimming and sizing- I'm for the moment stuck on the helmet.

sF5bgx0.jpgFaOsq4a.jpg

When it comes to helmets, I'll stick with my 3D prints.  Except for these, so I'll probably have to buy a finished one or something.  Sad nights.  Sad nights

I saw your Facebook post and agree, your face is shifted to the left.  You just need to undo the rivets and re-attach it. I think the rivet hole on the left side will end up under the curve of the cap but if it doesn’t, it should be an easy fix with some ABS paste. 

On 3/6/2023 at 2:14 AM, MSF Productions said:

Definitely trimmed off a bit too much on the face plate edges where for where the ears would get bolted.  There's a real visible ugly gap.

You could use a piece os ABS plastic glued back the face section ( filled with abs paste as well) where the ear is going to be placed, perhaps it covers and can't be seen . 

kR51KMZ.jpg