Some MRCE Questions

After spending much time toying around and messing with all the parts of my FX helmet, i have decided that it is entirely too much work to go through reshaping and trimming half the pieces just to put together a helmet that i will very likely have to one day replace. In looking at my other options for helmets, the Master Replicas Collectors Edition helmet has great appeal to me, largely do to its affordability. I have one question about it. Getting my armor complete and getting into the 501st is my main concern right now, and I know there are several mods that people perform on the things and that certain mods are necessary for elite status, however is the helmet good enough to gain entry into the 501st without any mods or redo's? and if not, what are the necessary mods that need to be made?

The lenses the MRCE comes with are far too thin. It's like looking through a mountain dew bottle and people can see your eyes. You'll need to get darker lenses.

The tube stripes size and coloring are wrong, not sure about the number of them though.

All the screen used helmets had three screws in the ears, 2 on either side of the bumpy gray part and one on the bottom lip just above the neck trim.

would the bubble lenses from my fx kit work? What about the tube stickers from the kit?

The lenses might work. The tube stripes would not as they would be HUGE on that MR CE. You can get them for like cheap from quite a few places.

Good luck!

And post pics when you have them!

You do have to fill in the gap on the frown too

Now that you indeed need to do! :-) I'd definately recommend the ears tough, they are way oversized, and it's not that hard either. Loads of good tutorials on it here.

Ive sanded down my helmet and painted the inside black.. but for the life of me I cannot remove the aerators. I tried using a light bulb, hair dryer, alcohol, acetate but I cant seem to get the damn things off. Anyone got any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

The big chunk of white plastic is what the Aerator fixes back onto if it's not too bent out of shape....you can just about make this out on the pic of my MRCE.

It's useful for getting the placement right if you're going to put the old ones back on. I had to clean mine up a little with a blade and a file...

If you're putting different aerators on you'll have to trim that excess plastic off.

eDHgmfT.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021