Rs props esb helmet on ebay

Cheeseballs

It is RS, but probably a kit put together by the seller or someone else.

There's a gap between the faceplate and brow, and the ears aren't as tight as RS would do themselves. The tubestripes of a ESB helmet are decals which can maybe repositioned.

It's hard to tell if the mesh in the mictips are really missing, but that would be odd...

The helmet would need some work but at the right price and if you have the skills, you can end up with a nice helmet.

I think the best comparrison is with RS itself: https://www.rspropmasters.com/store/stormtrooper/stormtrooper-helmets/stormtrooper-stunt-helmet-empire-strikes-back/

Edited by Darthmarses
  • Like 1

The pic of the underside is concerning. The gasket might not be seated correctly but it looks a little warped and the bottom surrounds for the mic tips appear to be dented, especially the left when looking at it from below. May only need a little tlc but I’d make some inquiries of the seller.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darthmarses said:

It is RS, but probably a kit put together by the seller or someone else.

There's a gap between the faceplate and brow, and the ears aren't as tight as RS would do themselves. The tubestripes of a ESB helmet are decals which can maybe repositioned.

It's hard to tell if the mesh in the mictips are really missing, but that would be odd...

The helmet would need some work but at the right price and if you have the skills, you can end up with a nice helmet.

I think the best comparrison is with RS itself: https://www.rspropmasters.com/store/stormtrooper/stormtrooper-helmets/stormtrooper-stunt-helmet-empire-strikes-back/

huh, I looked again and it seems like the mesh is only missing in the right mic tip

I'm a bit wary of buying off ebay, without hands on its hard to see any hidden issues like cracking or yellowing, personally I would just purchase new from from RS, start from fresh and know exactly what you have.

There could also be an issue of the color not matching armor, they can yellow over time and even RS comment the plastics from one year can be a different shad to other years. 

• Like 1

Second what Glen said.

Getting a self-built kit from RS might be a better path. There are plenty of resources and video on the forum to get yourself familiar with the process, it’s not as difficult as it might seems. I think the only thing I need to stress is “measure twice and cut once”.

• Like 1

If you zoom in on the top of the helmet it looks like it’s been brush painted. Finish is awful compared to the lower half of the helmet. I think as already advised , buy your own kit and build it yourself. eBay- ( stay away).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseballs said:

Yep, decided to take everyone’s advice and got on the ATA bucket waitlist instead.

Great decision. ATA is a little thicker than most, I find a dremel really handy for trimming.

Here is a great helmet tutorial to study for when it arrives. Last I heard ATA was waiting for a shipment of ABS so hopefully the wait isn't too long.

Looking forward to seeing some BBB photos in the not too distant future :D 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 4:56 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Great decision. ATA is a little thicker than most, I find a dremel really handy for trimming.

Here is a great helmet tutorial to study for when it arrives. Last I heard ATA was waiting for a shipment of ABS so hopefully the wait isn't too long.

Looking forward to seeing some BBB photos in the not too distant future :D 

Thanks!

• Like 1