Crampeat Requesting Pre-Approval (RS Full Commission)

Crampeat

1. Name: Kris Typolt

2. Future Garrison : Titan

3. Armor maker: RS Propmasters

4. Helmet maker: RS Propmasters

5. Cloth belt maker: RS Propmasters

6. Neck seal maker: RS Propmasters

7. Boot maker: Imperial Boots

9. Blaster maker: RS Propmasters

10. Gasket maker: N/A

11. Height: 6' 0"

12. weight: 165 lbs

13. TK Type - ANH Stunt

14. Shoutouts : This was a full commission but a shoutout to Daetrin for knowing the neighborhood I live in, which is more than I can say than most who live around here :) 

EJjX2XN.jpg

zAQNRdz.jpg

FfqwOtL.jpg

9uqGYJa.jpg

9JOLdk2.jpg

YeBY4Kq.jpg

c1Xm9vJ.jpg

80dlbDn.jpg

ElV50x7.jpg

0NEVcie.jpg

BIWobA3.jpg

Hopefully those photos uploaded. I'm new to a lot of photo technology.

Thanks,

Kris

Looking good, normally you will find it's just some tweaking with strapping with RS builds and of course some positioning of things.

Just watch how you are standing, your belt/ab is on a bit of a slant.

You may want to add some foam behind your sniper plate to hold it outwards away from your thigh as it may hit when walking

Match the heights of your shins, you can add some velcro or elastic with snaps behind which will help them stay down.

You have a high point in your brow trim which you could bring down so it sits straighter.

EJjX2XN.thumb.jpg.c3ff14605e480f833887df817a1707b0.jpg DaveMANH01.jpg.5c034dcf3f53c10a2d859e4cd47760d9.jpg

As you can see from the back, standing with a slant closes gaps, thighs are nearly touching, this will improve standing straight as well as bringing your shin down to the same level as the other.

Also watch closing the belt, not quite closed properly, you have some sticking out on the bottom.

zAQNRdz.jpg 

On the sides notice the big gap behind your back plate, this could be because you are leaning backwards slightly or you may need to shorten the shoulder strap elastic.

Also for your side photos you want to try to have the ab and kidney meet along their tops, they are dog legged at the moment.

The holster straps are on a bit of an angle compared to the holster. 

Note the drop box is sitting under your belt, these are normally aligned to the belt.

FfqwOtL.thumb.jpg.622daae09d1e6e3181fee15d5a077632.jpg

Nothing serious at all, just a little bit of tweaking.

Good luck and hope to see you approved soon.

• Like 2

Hi Kris, Welcome to FISD.

Looking good , just a few adjustments pointed by glen and you're great for approval !! and if you want to go above a beyond, you can apply for higher levels of accuracy. info here.

Good luck with your approval. :salute:

Thanks for the great feedback! I really appreciate it. I'll make those alterations and adjustments before submitting to my GML. I'm definitely planning to go for EIB and Centurion in the near future. :) 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

You have a good looking kit there, very good comments above, follow them up and you will be good to go, with the RS abs some troopers find it best to use a small piece of abs to reinforce the strength around the screws, there’s no requirement for it but it helps protect your investment long term. Basically cut a small piece the length and width of the bracket then drill the holes and remount the attachment. Good luck and hope to see troop photos soon.

• 1 year later...
On 8/17/2021 at 12:03 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

You have a high point in your brow trim which you could bring down so it sits straighter.

EJjX2XN.thumb.jpg.c3ff14605e480f833887df817a1707b0.jpg DaveMANH01.jpg.5c034dcf3f53c10a2d859e4cd47760d9.jpg

I keep seeing people make this comment, yet the original ANH prop helmet brows are all kinds wonky and crooked (and there's the famous "Mr No Stripes" TK who shoots Leia, even), and I don't see this as an actual point of feedback on the guidelines.

RS Prop Masters even touched on this in a few of their videos, stating that some crooked brow is more realistic and akin to the original props. I mean, LOOK at these hideous things--they're beautiful xD

Is there a reason people on these boards point this out, or are they just missing the point of higher-level accuracy? Wonky brows, IMO, is where you want to be as opposed to more idealized perfection.

Edited by NoodleLegs

There were MANY issues with screen used armor components not all being the same... not just helmets!  Some Detachments (like the MEPD for instance) require for higher levels that the armor be modeled after one of the particular Sandies seen in the film(s), down to the scuffs and weathering.

However, we at the FISD aim for the "ideal" trooper... think "fresh from the Imperial Training Academy".  Whatever customizations people do with their armor after approval is up to them.. we are not the "armor police", lol, but the CRLs are based on the quintessential TK.  

• Like 1