Jeff_D_H's ANH Build

Jeff_D_H

Hello everyone - I have been lurking and reading here for a few months and have begun working on my storm trooper armour build.

I have relied on advice and guidance provided on this forum to select the vendors from which to purchase the necessary items.

So far I have ordered and received:

from "stormtrooperundersuit" 1 x undersuit, 1 x balaclava and 1 x neck seal.

from "imperialboots" 1 x pair of Classic 421 boots.

I am waiting on a complete build of storm trooper armour from "Authentic Props" here in Canada and 1 x E-11 Blaster from "Quest Designs Canada".

Can anyone tell me if I am forgetting anything?

The storm trooper armour from AP includes:

• Armor/Helmet kit fully built ready to wear out of the box <-- I expect a few adjustments will need to be made.
  • Leather ANH holster
  • Rubber gloves
  • Rubber flexible hand guards (preinstalled on gloves)
  • Canvas belt
  • Aluminum TD clips
  • (Blaster, boots, black undersuit, neck seal not included) <-- made sure i purchased these separately.

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by Jeff_D_H
update
  • Like 1

I forgot to mention that I also purchased the TrooperTalk app, a portable speaker and some connecting wires - followed the instructions on this youtube site and got the voice working pretty well.

I will likely need to mount the amp in the underside of the chest-plate as others have done.

5 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Thanks for the tip! I have added them to my shopping cart for later.

• Like 1

Welcome Jeff!

You're on an exciting journey. My first 501st costume was assembling a TK ANH Stunt kit from AP, and I had a blast. Mark from AP is very helpful, so always reach out to him. I also found a wealth of support from everyone on the forum here - there is no end to the experience here!

My advice (echoed to me by many, many others here) is, take your time. Whether it takes months or years, build the armour you want the first time. Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my Imperial Comlink

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

When in doubt ask, also measure twice and cut once ;) 

You also have the gallery sections to use for references https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/

Good luck

• Like 1

Helmet fans are a must! You’ll definitely want them for those Summer troops especially.

Mine are by ukswrath and they work great. There are other makers also like Troopacoola that other troopers swear by.

• Like 1

Just a tip but it's good to have 2 fans, I only use one at a time as I find that's enough, any air you feel across your face just makes you think you are cooler. Having the other as a spare is great for long day troops so you can switch over if the first runs out. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear you're having an issue, Jeff.

I paid a deposit on a kit from Mark in February 2020, but the pandemic impacted production on all fronts - Mark's workshop access, materials, shipping, you name it. I only had a few emails from Mark over that time. My kit was eventually delivered in September. So, about seven months from ordering to delivery.

I can't speak for the current situation at AP, but I do know worldwide that intermittent lockdowns and ongoing issues impacting logistics and supply chains are hitting manufacturers of any level. What I will say is, the wait for my kit was worth it and I couldn't be happier.

(Just an aside: if you cancel this order, who's to say you're not going to end up at the end of another long order queue elsewhere?)

Sent from my Imperial Comlink

• Like 1

Never easy when waiting for your armor, my ATA kit took 9 months and the wait killed. I've not really heard of many issues with Mark, you can always check back in with him and say he told you there were 2 in front and now it's 3 in front and see what he says. Mark posted July 14th he had a few kits in stock but no update on commission builds.