Stormtrooper therapist ANH Stunt TK Basic Preapproval

Hi there this is my first time posting in preapproval, look forward to feedback somewhat nervously! I have not used imgur before so I hope the pic links work!

Name:  Gretchen Ledington
Future Garrison:  Outpost 42 New Zealand Garrison 
Armor Maker:  ANOVOS Kit assembled by Gretchen
Helmet Maker:  ANOVOS Kit assembled by Geoff Glen
Cloth Belt:  Trooper Bay 
Neck Seal:  ANOVOS Kit / Mended to fit

Holster: ANOVOS
Boot Maker:  Imperial Boots
Blaster:  (none presently)
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 60 KG (132 lbs)
Type: ANH Stunt

Photos below:

SYIjtkF.jpg

XjQfvO9.jpg

XCBrqHM.jpg

j335Nn6.jpg

Yim3Wmn.jpg

K9SiXKH.jpg

YApgvKX.jpg

3ulyJsl.jpg

67sRene.jpg

Hey Gretchen looking great. The only area I can see your GML calling out at basic would be the unpainted thigh ammo pack rivet/s, they should be white. 

Other areas that will need to be resolved if shooting for EIB or above would be the following:

1. Hovi tip mesh incorrect (mesh weave not heavy enough)

2. Over spray on frown teeth

3. Ab plates shouldn't have any return edges 

4. Left side Ab to Kidney should have zero gap

Beautiful job on your build :jc_doublethumbup: 

Great Looking armor Gretchen!  Easy for basic and a couple of adjustments for higher levels.  :salute:

Adding to what Tony said:  Ab buttons panel could be flat with no return edges.

Reference Image

sRdlxey.jpg?1                                     M5peUVL.jpg?1

• Like 3

Nice work, just to add to the above comments, just on your side you can see the butt plate is away from your kidney, you could try tighter strapping or I came up with a V tab idea that works quite well.

XCBrqHM.jpg

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Great work and good luck with approval

• Like 2

Looking good Gretchen, good luck with your approval.

The items the guys have mentioned will certainly get you looking as sharp as possible and in a better position if you intend to go for our higher levels of Expert Infantry and Centurion approval.

Thanks for all that very prompt and helpful feedback! Very grateful and appreciative to you all. Love the dedication. I'm also relieved, this forum seems rather technical and somewhat intimidating (stormtrooper appearances clearly do work! lol) 

Ukswarth - your thread has been really great through my build as a "one stop shop" - I find searching for more info on the forum tricky so great to have that point of reference and even more have you respond to my threads! Humbled!

In the interim I am keen to tick off basic, can sort the unpainted ammo pack rivets today- I think previous paint had worn off (I have worn my suit a few times unofficially). Will aim for the rest after the Armageddon expo Chch, NZ this w/e where I finally get to meet some fellow Outpost 42 Garrison NZ Legion folk in person that I've only been in internet based comms with. So very excited!

Regarding the trimming of abs - I followed the ukswarth thread below which doesn't yet detail abs trimming so I just wondered if there is a pic or thread somewhere that goes over this aspect? I get nervous making changes that cant be reversed so would be grateful for an updated pic clarifying the required trimming if possible anyone pretty please but no rush? 

Is there also a thread /advice somewhere someone could link me to about how to remove/edit the paint spray on the mask that needs fixed?

Really appreciate all your responses, the pics detailing how to change/fix button plates on abs, and secure the butt plate better to kidney - that has been bugging me so nice to see an approved soln and general moral support. Thank you!

Thanks again, Gretchen

• Like 2

Trimming can be done in numerous ways, depending on your skill and what tools you have handy, some use score and snap, you run a sharp knife along a line a few times then with pressure hold down and snap the excess away. There are also scissors and dremels for those able to use power tools. You will pick up a lot of info looking through build threads, here are just a couple of different ways to trim.

• Like 2

Looking really sharp (except for the minor issues our experts already mentioned).

It would be a waste if you not going to apply for EIB once getting them fixed.