Yiyo's Mandalorian Incinerator Build

Hello there,

Yiyo from the Spanish Garrison here.

Been actively reading and researching, and thanks to some of you folk, found the right place to open my build thread.

Been a while since I opened one on the FISD, so it's great to be back.

Following a couple of other builds, some seem to be new, some are older but haven't been updated in a while, so just wondering who will be modelling and presenting the new CRL, I would be happy to help whoever needs anything.

Down to business:

• ABS armor & Resin Helmet Rogue 1 kit: Ordered 22/05/2021 from 850 Armor Works.
  • Boots: IB.
  • Gloves: Ordered Endor Finders 24/05/2021.
  • Undersuit or 2 pieces: Ordered DarkSide Closet 24/05/2021.
  • Backpack and flamethrower: Files received 22/05/20121 from Marko Makaj.
  • Strapping and similar: all sourced locally.
  • Paint: Montana White & most likely the same red I used for the Shocktrooper - still want to talk to other builders about this and get some advice.
  • Rogue One style Pauldron: Ordered 24/05/2021 from Artneo.

As soon as things start arriving, I will start sharing - both my printers are currently busy spitting out pieces for my T21 Heavy Blaster for the shocktrooper, so as soon as they free up, I have to print the chest and backpiece for my ICAT build, and then I will start with this build.

Thanks for chipping in along the way, all advice, as always is very welcome, this will be costume 17 I think :)

Edited by Yiyo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Yiyo said:

Following a couple of other builds, some seem to be new, some are older but haven't been updated in a while, so just wondering who will be modelling and presenting the new CRL, I would be happy to help whoever needs anything.

Someone has to build the costume to completion then it is reviewed against reference material and if everything checks out they may then be considered as the CRL model, there also need to be a CRL written before it goes before LMO review.

From the new to the legion costume guide

• Typically as much time will be spent researching and looking at reference sources as it will take to make / assemble the costume. Ideally, there are clear full body pictures of the front, side, and back.
  •  
  • Understand that a CRL undergoes many revisions by many people before publishing and that it is possible that there are multiple people working on the same costume at the same time. There are no guidelines on creating a new costume aside from reference material, and a costumer may be asked to change things multiple times.
  •  
  • The costume will not be approved in the Membership Database until all of the steps to create the CRL are completed. The wait period from completion of costume to approval can be lengthy.
  •  
  • The first completed costume is not always the CRL model. Sometimes multiple applicants images are used to complete a CRL

Our DL has just confirmed Spec Ops will not be trying to claim this costume so it should be staying with FISD, dependent on the LMO's final say.

Looking forward to seeing your build progress

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Fully understand Sir, I am the model for the Unkar Plutt CRL, so I have been through the whole process. My point was rather that I am happy to chip in and help whoever is going to prepare this CRL - I know Romain and Chris are well advanced, and although I can put this together in about 3 weeks, I still have the waiting period to receive everything.

I really appreciate any help in any form for this build, it's going to be a really interesting one and I love to be back at the FISD :)

So this is Guillermo's pauldron (from Artneo) - the white version is just for illustration purposes for the stitching, whilst the red color is what he will use for me. Reviewing the Sideshow figure references, I am pretty convinced this is the version we need. Once I am 100% sure, I will order.

UpQxRFr.jpg

MYWCUpo.png

KJ0HqCJ.jpg

Edited by Yiyo

This image is off the official standee so I would think it would have the stitching

c7734925-df53-4c5a-bca1-3ea2a0a721c8_500

• Like 1

OK, so I said this would be a slow build until I start receiving stuff. Soft parts are ordered from Darkside Closet, approx 12 weeks waiting time, which will be more than enough to get all the 3D parts printed and finished.

Started with the backpack, bit of filling to do as my printers hate the curved angle of these pieces, but it will be fine. Will be back once I have something to really show.

1W3Xi1c.jpg

HVWR0CG.jpg

2 minutes ago, Startide said:

Ha we have the same pieces I see :D How do you plan on sticking together the backplates ?

Hey Romain, of course! Marko is probably the best 3D designer I know, I am a patreon of his as well.

I am printing the pins now, but it will be a simple ciano (super glue) job, and then a little putty to cover the joints. I will update as soon as I have all the backplate pieces printed, it is busy producing pieces for my T21B heavy blaster at the moment.

I just received my gloves from Ender Finders, didn't even check the CRL, which shows the classic rubber ones - I know LIII are these , but I was surprised about the rubber gloves.

2VuYtOm.jpg

I also started to sand and putty the back pack pieces, slowly though!

t2i6TL5.jpg

REtAS4h.jpg

Edited by Yiyo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Nicker said:

I just popped in to have a nose at your build. Have you had the armour kit off 850 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate, currently printing, sanding and working on the gun and backpack files from Marko, which will take a long time to post process and work on taking into account the size. 
850 stated around 12 weeks for the armor as did Darkside Closet, so I still have about 2 months until it's shipped.

I love Guille's pauldron, fabulous work at an excellent price - highly recommended :)

QVw76jZ.jpg

WXUX7Kr.jpg

I have 1 file left from the gun, to have finished the print, so 36h more..... back pack is well on the way as well.

Edited by Yiyo
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I know it doesn't seem like it, but it has taken weeks to print, sand, fill, sand and prep this weapon for paint. I really like the results though!

I am not going to paint it until the CRL is live.

Next step: finish the tanks.

7FjW3BS.jpg

hSV2Ssm.jpg

rBgc2GV.jpg

Ub0DYXN.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yiyo said:

I know it doesn't seem like it, but it has taken weeks to print, sand, fill, sand and prep this weapon for paint. I really like the results though!

I am not going to paint it until the CRL is live.

Normally a costume and optional weapons need to be finished before a CRL can be finalised and go live so you may have to either paint it prior or wait for someone else to be the CRL model.

Waiting for prints and doing all the prep work can be a real downer especially when your mind is working in over drive :duim:

Nice work, I may need to add one of this to my 3D print to do list :)

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Normally a costume and optional weapons need to be finished before a CRL can be finalised and go live so you may have to either paint it prior or wait for someone else to be the CRL model.

Waiting for prints and doing all the prep work can be a real downer especially when your mind is working in over drive :duim:

Nice work, I may need to add one of this to my 3D print to do list :)

RE the CRL: I believe Nicker was talking to Sly various weeks back as he had finished and I think it was in the writing, so fingers crossed!

And yes, 3D printing is marvelous but a tremendous amount of work does go into every piece :)

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 1:37 PM, Yiyo said:

RE the CRL: I believe Nicker was talking to Sly various weeks back as he had finished and I think it was in the writing, so fingers crossed!

And yes, 3D printing is marvelous but a tremendous amount of work does go into every piece :)

You are correct Tom :)

CRL discussion and the work that Nicker has done will be up for discussion next month (August) as I am currently tied up sorting out our member database with legion.

A first draft exists along with some basic trial photos, but it needs to go through our full review process with staff and extended staff before I can present it to the LMO team for final approval.

Nicker also needs to have high quality photos taken that are suitable for the CRL, so there is a reasonable amount of work to still go into this before it becomes a reality and our next new to legion costume.

• Like 2

I see you used the "rigid" pipes from marko's files, from the pictures of the show those pipes seem flexible though. You can see the pipes pending under the trooper's hand on this shot :

CtqA4eM.png

Granted the shots are inconsistent because on the next shot he doesn't hold the zippo that far... But from what I could find in the reference shots those are flexible pipes, probably the same as the ones coming from the backpack.

Also what was the process like, did you sand and paint each piece individually ? What grit ? I am a complete noob so I have tons of questions :D

Edited by Startide
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Startide said:

I see you used the "rigid" pipes from marko's files, from the pictures of the show those pipes seem flexible though. You can see the pipes pending under the trooper's hand on this shot :

Granted the shots are inconsistent because on the next shot he doesn't hold the zippo that far... But from what I could find in the reference shots those are flexible pipes, probably the same as the ones coming from the backpack.

Also what was the process like, did you sand and paint each piece individually ? What grit ? I am a complete noob so I have tons of questions :D

Hey bud!
Fully understand what you are pointing out, but I will stick to Marko's as I believe this will suffice for level 1. That image, whilst fully valid, makes absolutely no sense other than a mistake by the actor - you would never hold a flamethrower over the exhaust, plus those tubes, are where the ignition travels down to spark the gas, so I would expect them to be rigid as they are a continuation of the front exit tubes. In any case, once painted, unless you are holding it specifically at that point and not on the hand grip that is purposely built in, no one will notice whether it's flexible or rigid- thanks for the level of detail though, I hadn't noticed!

The ones coming from the backpack are a pretty larger in diameter :)

My proces hardly ever changes:

1. I sand down each piece.

2. I see how piece 1 connects to piece 2.

3. Motip spray putty and sand as many times as needed until smooth.
4. Glue it all together.

5. Prime in one piece.

Please keep sharing any advice and observations you come across as it's a pretty challenging build at times!

15 hours ago, Sly11 said:

You are correct Tom :)

CRL discussion and the work that Nicker has done will be up for discussion next month (August) as I am currently tied up sorting out our member database with legion.

A first draft exists along with some basic trial photos, but it needs to go through our full review process with staff and extended staff before I can present it to the LMO team for final approval.

Nicker also needs to have high quality photos taken that are suitable for the CRL, so there is a reasonable amount of work to still go into this before it becomes a reality and our next new to legion costume.

Great to know Sly! I have a lot ahead, so not in a rush in my case, this gives me time to put together the backpack and I still have to get my armor from the US + Darkside Closet softparts made and shipped.

I thought too that it made little sense in the show to hold the zippo that way... but it's not like star wars is always perfect. I wasn't sure on how the rules would be on that part. I think I'll do the same as you and print the missing parts.

I found great tubes on alieexpress, just the right size ^^

As for sanding : what grit did you stopped sanding ?

3 hours ago, Startide said:

I thought too that it made little sense in the show to hold the zippo that way... but it's not like star wars is always perfect. I wasn't sure on how the rules would be on that part. I think I'll do the same as you and print the missing parts.

I found great tubes on alieexpress, just the right size ^^

As for sanding : what grit did you stopped sanding ?

Hello there!

Great work on those tubes :)

Just printed: 220 dry sand - finish off with a 360 dry sand.

First layer of Motip putty and 360 dry sand.
If another layer is needed, I will then either use 360 again and then spray, or straight off a 500.

I will normally finish with an 800 very slightly wet sand.

This process has worked for me since I discovered Motip Spray Putty, I just learnt how to work with it. Maybe somebody else has a better process :)

How is your costume coming along? I will check your updates.

• Like 2