Good enough for Elite?

Did these today. As far as I can tell I've got everything down for Elite status, but please tell if I'm missing something, so I can correct it.

3ttd9hI.jpg

OobJhCm.jpg

Details done are:

Sidegaps filled with ABS

Resinparts added to Hasbro blaster

Added t-tracks to Hasbro blaster

D-ring added to Hasbro blaster

Canvasbelt w/holster riveted from the back

Modded MRCE after required specs

Separated kidney and butt

Correct sized and colored ab-buttons

Hmm...i think that's it :-)

These will also be my Elite application images as soon as I get my TK ID (which I applied for today).

Oh...ah...I'm a happy camper, ready to troop!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Thomas,

Looking good.

Here are additional pics I would ask for:

Pic showing lens coloring for bucket

Pic showing blaster details

Also, is there are way (possibly using 1/8" white elastic) to tie up the white nylon strapping you are using for the shoulder connections. Usually, these are black and blend into the undersuit. With yours being white, they tend to stand out a bit more than normal. This is not a "requirement", but more a suggestion for a super high quality, top-notch kit.

Also, once you get your TKID, this will need to be posted in the Request Elite Status thread!

Thanks,

Looks good to me. Personally I'd prefer seeing the straps that go around your biceps and also that connect your chest/back (on the sides) to be black instead of white. There's no requirement, but I think it looks better (and black on the biceps is what they used).

Once you get your TKID, as Scott says Elite is an easy yes.

Thanks guys! About the white straps under the shoulder, I´ll try out some elastic or something, see what works. And Ii´ll get the other pics ready.

And yes, I do plan to change out the white elastic on the biceps and between the chest/back with black. I was just out at the time.

Here are the pics of the updates. Black elastic, green lenses and E-11 details:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hehe...thanks!

I like setting the bar a little higher. Now it's just to start pushing the other vikings to become Elite as well!! And being the first in Norway and the second in Nordic Garrison is fun as well :-)

Thanks Clay!

Almost there now, but the GML wouldn't approve my costume, since you can see the strip of abs connecting the chest and back together, and because the pics I sent for approval included the white elastics between the chest and back (these have since been changed though).

I guess I have to fix this soon then, even though I think it's kinda picky :-P

Thanks Clay!

Almost there now, but the GML wouldn't approve my costume, since you can see the strip of abs connecting the chest and back together, and because the pics I sent for approval included the white elastics between the chest and back (these have since been changed though).

I guess I have to fix this soon then, even though I think it's kinda picky :-P

That's pretty funny since there are many in the Legion who feel an "out of the box" FX should be OK, e.g. incorrect ab plate buttons, tube stripes, etc. You're TK is already better than perhaps 50-60% of the Legion.

That said - props to your GML for pushing for a higher standard. I wish more would.

Don't worry Thomas, you'll have your TK number soon. :) And like Paul already said, your rig looks pretty than a lot of the Legion!

Very nice armor!

Just asking... is there a problem with the helmet/armor different colors? :huh:

Not a problem since they don´t differ too much!

Paul:

Yes, definately good that he sets a higher standard. I really just need to pull the shoulder straps and the abs-piece closer, so I should be good to go pretty soon!

And thanks for the kind words guys! Can´t wait to get my RT now, it´s gonna look so much better! :-)

Looks like you're set - just waiting on final word. NEVER get discouraged. Heck, most garrisons will let you troop w/o being 501st if you're just a mod or so away from being done. We're a club, after all. :)

I also got rejected on my first try, I felt so discouraged I didn't reapply until half a year later. Silly me. :)

But don't worry, you'll make it in time for our next event!

Yup!

I really just need a white rubber band for the shoulder straps and I should be done:)

He he...That´s our eagle eyed GML for you!

I guess the problem is, as you add parts and details, going towards screen accuracy, you increase the potential for both failure and success. With a basic FX kit, there really isn´t much you can do wrong (well, yes, there are a few things, but for the sake of argument...). However, successfully implementing those last few finishing touches required for FISD Elite, you´ll end up with a much better looking costume - but at the same time, more parts and more details leave more room to err.

Also, I think our GML is great at not only approving costumes according to the 501st guidelines, but also at recognizing the level of achievement the applicant is aiming for. If you want to go that extra mile, great - but the won´t let you cut any corners...If you wanna narrow the eye, he´ll make sure it´s harder for you to squeeze through!

(And with that in mind, I second what Missingpieces said about the drop boxes. Not only would they look better if raised a centimeter or so, but hanging them closer to the belt would mean having them bouncing and flopping around less, too.)

All in all, I think you´ve done a terrific job of fitting the armor, and I salute you for taking the harder road.

Hang in there Thomas! With the new fixes, I bet you´ll have your TKID in no time, and with a FISD Elite Status to boot!

Yeah I know.... :)

Just need to get my thumb out of a dark place and fix the littles of details to make it perfect. I'm not stressing the TK ID at all, I get it when I get it.

I guess it'll be done sometime this week if I get the time, it's not much work really, just the dropboxes and the shoulderstraps :) I'll post up some pics ASAP.