Hello there, from Southwest Colorado!

Hello There.

The name's Kody ( or Kodii, a spelling that was a pseudo spelling from high school that stuck), and some people call me Ash.

I don't really know what to include or exclude in introductions!  I'm from and living in Southwest Colorado, I'm a college student and our mascot is a "Skyhawk."  Due to COVID ending my studies back in March, I've been living on the Navajo reservation in AZ a few hours from my actual house in Colorado.

I'm a film maker, digital illustrator, and an actor/dancer from time to time on film and on a stage.  Back in January I ordered an Armor kit from Walt's Trooper Factor and it arrived  back on July 9th.  I'm really new to the whole armor side in the realm of costuming, so I'm really nervous about tackling it due to a really nit picky perfectionist nature I pickup when I start working on a project that I'm passionate about.  I'm here because I do in fact want to be a Stormtrooper, get the help and guidance to make my kit look as awesome as it can get (and folks from Mountain Garrison said to sign up on here and get a build thread going here.)  I've got the armor pieces only (for now at least)

My experience in costuming and prop making is probably primitive to all of the pros on here.

When it comes to working with anything like a dremel, lexan scissors, sizing, sewing- pretty much all of the skills  and knowledge necessary to complete a TK- I've got none of that.

I started out tinkering with nerf blasters and eventually found my way to a Doopydoos E-11 conversion kit, and finally a bunch of 3D printed blaster kits (quarantine gave me a lot of time to do a lot of things).

I collected a lot of military gear over the years put together a handful of budget Rebel Troopers for short films until I started working on my Rebel Fleet Trooper.

This was probably on the long side, but I like to get it all out there and add on/answer on later on.

• Like 4

Welcome, Kodii! You’re definitely in the right place for building your first Stormtrooper kit, and we’ll all be here to help you on your journey. I’m sure you’ve already seen the excellent posts in the “Getting Started” and “Tutorials” forums, but if you haven’t find those areas yet, definitely check them out.

I’m looking forward to following along with you in your progress! By the way, Southwest CO and Utah are some of my favorite places. Growing up we used to camp or backpack in CO every summer, and the national parks there are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Welcome, Kodii! You’re definitely in the right place for building your first Stormtrooper kit, and we’ll all be here to help you on your journey. I’m sure you’ve already seen the excellent posts in the “Getting Started” and “Tutorials” forums, but if you haven’t find those areas yet, definitely check them out.

I’m looking forward to following along with you in your progress! By the way, Southwest CO and Utah are some of my favorite places. Growing up we used to camp or backpack in CO every summer, and the national parks there are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!  I'm really excited to be here!

I haven't really made my way into "tutorials" or the "getting started" forums just yet actually.  Forums are something I'm just barely starting to use!  So it's a little overwhelming to navigate everything right now (i did not grow up using forums at all).  But I'm really stoked to start my build thread!

Edited by MSF Productions

Hi Kody, Welcome to FISD. 

Looking forward for you building thread , post photos, ask all questions you have,recently someone said to me ""The only dumb questions are the ones you DON'T ask".

We are here to help and most of us were one exactly in the same stage you are now.

Browsing the forum is overwhelming at the beginning but remember you're not alone here.   

Welcome again future Imperial Stormtrooper :salute::salute::salute:

• Like 1

Welcome Kody

It can seem a daunting task putting together a TK. But it's not as hard as it looks. Take your time, it's not a race. Do plenty of research, yup homework and ask ANY questions you have. We're here for you.:duim:

Good Luck Future Trooper!:salute:

• Like 1